GDT RHODE (CG out of town) I(hope we)SLAND Jason Jitoboh)

almaman

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-a win is so much better than a loss, I find it interesting that our run in second half made with JGood on the bench,  JBess is very special and we should enjoy him for the time he has remaining and I hope FTJr and others can improve their games with the work ethic on display, I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the crowd, I had no idea about the rule change on a shooter extending their feet but glad the ref called it as it looked like the ref was coming from the other side of the court and I was scared what he was going to call, KCH did a nice job

-after watching their guy run over HF and later DJF bowl into their guy, who knows what constitutes a foul?

-ADEPT, can we have someone that is old enough to control a mop do the sweat clean up? that is ridiculous 

-THANKS to Royal Bank for their continued support of Billiken Athletics and especially yesterday's Baby Race, I hope a bunch of future Billikens were out there 

For you old timers Missouri had a punk guard by the name of Jason Sutherland.He perfected an art form of kicking his legs out and into the defender on his shot. It's about time they changed the rule. 

I am still not totally sold on Hankton as a player, but I think our offense looks a lot better with him in the game. Ford is being forced to go away from his dead set reliance on two paint-confined bigs on the court and I think it's helping us out quite a bit. 

Goodwin honestly looks lost at this point. I don't know what's wrong with him. He is not the same player. I wonder why he lost all the weight?

Thatch was terrible offensively yesterday but he is still a baller especially defensively. I want more minutes than he played yesterday as the importance of winning with defense has become magnified. 

15 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I am still not totally sold on Hankton as a player, but I think our offense looks a lot better with him in the game. Ford is being forced to go away from his dead set reliance on two paint-confined bigs on the court and I think it's helping us out quite a bit. 

Goodwin honestly looks lost at this point. I don't know what's wrong with him. He is not the same player. I wonder why he lost all the weight?

Thatch was terrible offensively yesterday but he is still a baller especially defensively. I want more minutes than he played yesterday as the importance of winning with defense has become magnified. 

I also wonder if the weight loss has affected his play, good point

2 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

I thought it was an interesting choice to pull out our unofficial fight song from last year.  I've no idea if the players have any idea who Yul Brenner is but I thought it was appropriate to close out a too close game.

When the players think of the Magnificent 7 they probably think of Denzel Washington.

I haven’t seen the new one but I have a hard time believing it’s as good as the original.

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

Ford - "he's probably in the locker room thinking he didnt play well,  because of scoring, but Jordan brings so much to our basketball team leadership-wise and energy-wise. He can rebound, he's playing the point for us.  Jordan makes out team go"

I dont think he looks lost at all. He is doing everything but scoring. If you watch him in games he gets the ball where it needs to be.

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

KC didnt look as scared or nervous like he did in the minutes prior to yesterdays game.  That was refreshing to see.  

The pressure of failing and not getting further minutes no longer a concern might be the cause. He knows he has to play rather than thinking he gets to play. He and us knew and now have seen that he can do it. let's hope we get 4 quality year out of him here.

35 minutes ago, slusam said:

Ford - "he's probably in the locker room thinking he didnt play well,  because of scoring, but Jordan brings so much to our basketball team leadership-wise and energy-wise. He can rebound, he's playing the point for us.  Jordan makes out team go"

I dont think he looks lost at all. He is doing everything but scoring. If you watch him in games he gets the ball where it needs to be.

I agree with this too. Last year, we really counted on him to score. I don't think that is the case this year - I thought he was pretty good yesterday - would like to see him get to the line a little more, but as long as we limit TO's, we are okay, as was the case yesterday

15 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Besides French, we had very low foul numbers. That’s been a trend recently compared to the beginning of the season I noticed. 

The refs were basically letting the guys play.  It was a little rough, but in my eyes equal on both sides.

I did like the kick-out offensive foul on Dowtin. That should be called every time.

I think the officals let them play a lot more physical come conference play.

They call all the ticky tack stuff in the out of conference to try and make a point.

when they realize nothing is going to change they give up and go back to letting them play.

3 hours ago, willie said:

For you old timers Missouri had a punk guard by the name of Jason Sutherland.He perfected an art form of kicking his legs out and into the defender on his shot. It's about time they changed the rule. 

If it was Sutherland, he was another one.  2 guards came from FL - one went on to play pro and the other one shot a lot of 3s & kicked his legs out coming down. 

6 minutes ago, Major Majerus said:

If it was Sutherland, he was another one.  2 guards came from FL - one went on to play pro and the other one shot a lot of 3s & kicked his legs out coming down. 

Keyon Dooling and Clarence Gilbert.  Sutherland was a little before them and came from South Dakota.

DirtyRican likes this

3 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Keyon Dooling and Clarence Gilbert.  Sutherland was a little before them and came from South Dakota.

you win the prize - Gilbert it was.  Had the true shooter's mindset - no conscience.  Hoping for the same from Jimmerson next year.