GDT RHODE (CG out of town) I(hope we)SLAND Jason Jitoboh)

almaman

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

KC reminds me of KC. 

Nice. We need anothe NBA type player.

1 hour ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

A healthy Wiley and Thor can add some more depth at the 3. George Mason is looking good at the 3 but our defense will win most A10 games 

Thor is not going to contribute this year.

i have hope for him in the future.

36 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

Festus HS Tigers

You still alive Roy?

I saw all that black and gold and was worried your head was going to explode.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

Over 7K - not bad

Yep, if someone is surprised/upset about a crowd over 7k they don’t attend many games.  That has been the norm since the Fetz opened.  Even the best Majerus teams couldn’t get the average above 8k.

8 hours ago, cheeseman said:

My point was that Bess is the major player for us not that there is nothing else to worry about.  I was giving props to him but if you don't agree then that is your problem.

Bess has to carry us this year because of our poor spacing on offense.  He's the only one that can go get a bucket no matter how congested the lane is.  With Perkins, Jimerson and a sophomore Hankton making defenses pay next year, Goodwin and Thatch will have more room to operate.  It should actually be easier to score next year.

I will miss Bess because I love watching him to play.  He's the best two-way player I've seen in a Billikens uniform.

12 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

It really is interesting to see how much attendance has improved. Again if the students were there, that game is sold out 

So we were a few hundred short of a sell out? Have we ever had 1000 students at a game? 

55 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Bess has to carry us this year because of our poor spacing on offense.  He's the only one that can go get a bucket no matter how congested the lane is.  With Perkins, Jimerson and a sophomore Hankton making defenses pay next year, Goodwin and Thatch will have more room to operate.  It should actually be easier to score next year.

I will miss Bess because I love watching him to play.  He's the best two-way player I seen in a Billikens uniform.

I agree with this, I think we will be much better offensively even with the loss of my favorite Billiken Bess.

I see Perkins moving into that roll and scoring however the loss will be the defense. I think Hargrove could also fill that loss and I forgot about Hankton.

No matter what happens this season watching Bess will keep me excited about Billiken Basketball he is such a special player and I hope his team members help him get back to the big dance.

3star_recruit likes this

I understand what everyone is saying with regards to our offense next year,  but I'm not going to take life with Javon Bess on my team for granted even for 1 second.  After watching this clip,  I'm going to make my son watch it everyday for as long as he loves playing ball.  I didn't think it was possible for someone to replace my favorite Billiken ever considering I've known Kevin Lisch since I was 5, but I think I'm at that point.  Bess just works his @$$ and is the ultimate example of what a player should strive for.  

SLU_Lax likes this

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

Yes last year it had a meaning, now, Its just a good song the band likes to play.

I thought it was an interesting choice to pull out our unofficial fight song from last year.  I've no idea if the players have any idea who Yul Brenner is but I thought it was appropriate to close out a too close game.

-a win is so much better than a loss, I find it interesting that our run in second half made with JGood on the bench,  JBess is very special and we should enjoy him for the time he has remaining and I hope FTJr and others can improve their games with the work ethic on display, I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the crowd, I had no idea about the rule change on a shooter extending their feet but glad the ref called it as it looked like the ref was coming from the other side of the court and I was scared what he was going to call, KCH did a nice job

-after watching their guy run over HF and later DJF bowl into their guy, who knows what constitutes a foul?

-ADEPT, can we have someone that is old enough to control a mop do the sweat clean up? that is ridiculous 

-THANKS to Royal Bank for their continued support of Billiken Athletics and especially yesterday's Baby Race, I hope a bunch of future Billikens were out there 

40 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

I thought it was an interesting choice to pull out our unofficial fight song from last year.  I've no idea if the players have any idea who Yul Brenner is but I thought it was appropriate to close out a too close game.

"the magnificent seven" is a pretty easy song to play.   since we are in that stretch where the kids go home for xmas and await the second semester to return, it is a welcomed song by us lesser talented temps that show up for those 3-4 games to fill in for the kids.  

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

KC didnt look as scared or nervous like he did in the minutes prior to yesterdays game.  That was refreshing to see.  

Agreed. The best word I could come up with for KC's play yesterday was assertive. He looked quite confident out there.

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

KC didnt look as scared or nervous like he did in the minutes prior to yesterdays game.  That was refreshing to see.  

Think it's safe to say we are a better shooting team with him out there instead of CG. Looks like he should be able to hit his free throws at a pretty high clip which is nice. 

7 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Think it's safe to say we are a better shooting team with him out there instead of CG. Looks like he should be able to hit his free throws at a pretty high clip which is nice. 

ya defense took a slight knock, but the improvement on offense should overweight it.  its looking more like it, but having CG in the paint made it hard for our guards to do what they do best.