GDT RHODE (CG out of town) I(hope we)SLAND Jason Jitoboh)

almaman

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Great team win.  

I dk why, but I love KC.  He is a really smart player with a great nose for the ball.

The rest of the guys are so good defensively that it really doesn’t matter that he is learning on the job.

The offense seems to run better when KC is in the game. Spacing is better and lane opens up giving French more room to work and Isabell room to drive. He also surprised me on D. He needs to put on weight but he is smart and tough. Some big time boards.

VeniceMenace likes this

7 minutes ago, SouthSide_Billiken said:

The offense seems to run better when KC is in the game. Spacing is better and lane opens up giving French more room to work and Isabell room to drive. He also surprised me on D. He needs to put on weight but he is smart and tough. Some big time boards.

KC reminds me of KC. 

6 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Great team win.  

I dk why, but I love KC.  He is a really smart player with a great nose for the ball.

The rest of the guys are so good defensively that it really doesn’t matter that he is learning on the job.

First I think it’s because we have him “replacing” CAG and we want to show we are gonna be alright 

second, he’s got a nose for the ball

third, he can shoot

4th, the offense flows better with him. 

Lots of reasons 

Zink likes this

19 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Javon is not only POY in A10 but he's an All American! Hopefully, we don't wear him out. He's got to play less than 39:15 every game. JGood needs to resurface. Isabell played a good game today. Lot of nice dishes. Hankton's coming on. Thatch will get it. French is a warrior. 

Once again Goodwin didnt score much but he did everything else. 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, and 1 block. He played good defense and got the ball where it needed to be.

Zink likes this

31 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Javon is not only POY in A10 but he's an All American! Hopefully, we don't wear him out. He's got to play less than 39:15 every game. JGood needs to resurface. Isabell played a good game today. Lot of nice dishes. Hankton's coming on. Thatch will get it. French is a warrior. 

A10 POY, yes.

all American, no

Just got back home. We had our usual issues with FTs but we won and we won over the Vegas spread of 5 pts (won by 7 pts). We have had trouble in the past with RI but this year we beat them, without CG. Hankton did OK and so did Thatch, Bess had an outstanding game. Very happy we won for a win is a win.

dennis_w likes this

12 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

A healthy Wiley and Thor can add some more depth at the 3. George Mason is looking good at the 3 but our defense will win most A10 games 

Thor is not going to see meaningful minutes this year unless we are in serious foul trouble.

6 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

The free throws improving the second half is what actually won the game (17% first half and 47% for the game).  That just sounds crazy but that is what happened.  We will be in a world of hurt when Bess leaves - we have no one who can replace his points.

With Hargrove and Perkins, hopefully we’ll be replacing him by committee.  Bess is awesome, but thankfully, the type of player he is seems easier to replace than say a dominant 5 or pg.

I think we've seen that KC is capable of defending well enough to stay on the floor for extended periods.  Rhode Island is one of the most athletic teams in the conference and he more than held his own. If he can get that perimeter shot to go down, spacing will improve and our power guards will finally have room to drive.

cgeldmacher, GoBills73 and Zink like this