And they're off!

slu72

Conf play begins. What a difference  from media day to now. What was once our strength is now a weak point due to numbers. Still, we should expect French and Foreman to rise to the occasion. Problem will be fouls. Praying, Hankton can step up, but think his contribution will be to extend the opponents D. Bess could fill this role as well. 

If Wiley is healthy and can still shoot, would a starting lineup of him, JGood, Isabell, Bess, and French work? Or do we go w/Thatch. Anyone else a little leery of having Foreman and French on the floor together for long stretches because of fouls? 

Watching the UMass v LaSalle game just goes to show you how important FT's are. That was the key for the Explorers. They hit their FT's at like 75%. Scary to think about us needing FTs to win. 

Still, I think Bess, Goodwin, and French are the core that will hold this bunch together. And Fred will rise to the occasion as well. Go get 'em Bills! 

58 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Thats what it was while CG was here so I don’t see it changing.

Well, that's what it was last Sunday and Foreman has started over Gordon in the games he did not start over the last month (Appalachian State, at Houston, and Oregon State). Against Oregon State and at Houston, Thatch drew the start over Isabell in addition to Foreman instead of Gordon. Carte'Are had started 9 of 13 games including the 2 games prior to Appalachian State.

26 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I’m pretty confident the starting lineup will be 

Goodwin 

Isabell 

Bess 

Foreman 

French 

Thats what it was while CG was here so I don’t see it changing.

Makes sense but fatigue and fouls will probably have Thatch playing a lot more then DJ and French alternating later in the game.  We are still a tough hard nosed team and I think we’re going to be okay now as long as we get something from Jacobs and Hankton.  

36 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Well, that's what it was last Sunday and Foreman has started over Gordon in the games he did not start over the last month (Appalachian State, at Houston, and Oregon State). Against Oregon State and at Houston, Thatch drew the start over Isabell in addition to Foreman instead of Gordon. Carte'Are had started 9 of 13 games including the 2 games prior to Appalachian State.

Yeah You’re right.

Short attention span theater on my part.

I guess I just noticed more when Gordon didn’t start.

Id like to see some 4 guard sets 

with French, Bess, Thatch, Isabell, Goodwin.

17 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Yeah You’re right.

That was my impression as well and I definitely didn't realize that group had only started two games this season (although that combination of bigs started the four games Gordon did not which was 3 of the last 5).

I would definitely like to see a change of style and I think that only comes with us playing 4 guards (which we certainly will have to do), so that is also what I look most forward to seeing play out. We need to open the game up a bit and having four wings should create space for guys to attack. Things have been too bogged down most of the season.

24 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Yeah You’re right.

That was my point about Foreman and French playing a lot of minutes in tandem. They may start but I think they'll alternate a fair amount too. One's got to. E held in reserve for foul troubles. 

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Watching UD and Richmond. Flyers on a roll. Spiders can't hit the ocean from the beach. Have to admire the SVU crowd , they always fill up the house. Realize they're the only game in town, but those are some loyal fans. 

Best(vest) dressed fans for sure.

1 hour ago, gobillsgo said:

Wanna see more 4 guard lineups with more minutes for Thatch and Jacobs, and maybe some Ingvi— would like to see him out there with some actual talent. 

I understand the desire to see Thor, but the fact he only got 1-2 min with the walk ons in a blow out suggests he has a lot of work to do to see meaningful minutes.