A-10 League on TV 2019

almaman

44 minutes ago, slu72 said:

And just like that Lunardi  has George M in as a 15 seed and the only A10 team to go dancing in his weekly bracketology for ESPN. Got to admit it was pretty impressive to win by 25 at the Hawks Nest.

I bet if SLU beats RI by 10 his bracket changes again.  Not saying anything besides bracktology is dumb until late feb

7 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I bet if SLU beats RI by 10 his bracket changes again.  Not saying anything besides bracktology is dumb until late feb

GM has a game Sunday, if they win they will still be on top at 2-0

The NET also changes daily.  Today we are sitting at 62.  VCU is at 55.  Neither would be an At Large today by most opinions.  Dayton is at 68 and Rhody now next at 104.  Davidson has fallen to 106.  Everyone else is too far back to be of concern. 

It will be interesting how much we gain after beating the 104th NET team.  That will tell us how feasible moving up to plus or minus 40 will be.

Butler took a tumble after their shellacking by Georgetown.  They are at 60, also below the At Large invisible line.

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

I guess we better not consider LaSalle as an automatic W. They should be above 300 in the NET tomorrow. 

UMass’ Holloway is HUGE!

Good story about the big guy not being academically eligible last season worked hard and will graduate this spring.

He would probably be pretty good 50 pounds lighter or maybe a 100 undos.

VCU destroying Fordham is somewhat typical, no?  Fordham sucks and played no one in the OOC.  VCU is better than expected but give it time.  Umass just showed how unpredictable and streaky they can be.  Davidson squeaked by Duquesne in NC and Grady is back.  Duquesne sort of chunked it down the stretch because Sincere Carry is a freshman and gets out of control.  Duquesne led the whole game but Davidson is now 7 and 0 against them all time.  

Mason crushing the Joeys on Hawk Hill Friday is the more ominous thing in my book.

Today's (01/06) games:

Dayton (-9.5) hosts Richmond at noon.  St. Joe's (-13) hosts Geedubya at 2.  Mason (-5.5) hosts the Bonnies at 4.  And we (-5) host Rhode Island at 4.   All times EST; all games on NBC SN except ours on ESPNU.

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

VCU destroying Fordham is somewhat typical, no?  Fordham sucks and played no one in the OOC.  VCU is better than expected but give it time.  Umass just showed how unpredictable and streaky they can be.  Davidson squeaked by Duquesne in NC and Grady is back.  Duquesne sort of chunked it down the stretch because Sincere Carry is a freshman and gets out of control.  Duquesne led the whole game but Davidson is now 7 and 0 against them all time.  

Mason crushing the Joeys on Hawk Hill Friday is the more ominous thing in my book.

Agree about Mason. While we shouldn't expect them to shoot 3's at a + 50% clip every game, that's a  team to be taken seriously. 

Dayton destroyed Richmond.  Richmond is pretty damn bad.  I think the Joeys are in free fall.  Up 13 in the first half at home against Geedubya (a bad Geedubya team to boot) and lost by 12.  Add that to the mid-week 25-poitn shellacking again at home, in a loss to Mason.  Duquesne led the whole time at Davidson and then choked at the end.  Grady is back.  Mason went home last night and beat the Bonnies with relative ease.  VCU hammered Fordham in the Bronx.  First weekend in the books and Mason and VCU look best. 

44 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Dayton destroyed Richmond.  Richmond is pretty damn bad.  I think the Joeys are in free fall.  Up 13 in the first half at home against Geedubya (a bad Geedubya team to boot) and lost by 12.  Add that to the mid-week 25-poitn shellacking again at home, in a loss to Mason.  Duquesne led the whole time at Davidson and then choked at the end.  Grady is back.  Mason went home last night and beat the Bonnies with relative ease.  VCU hammered Fordham in the Bronx.  First weekend in the books and Mason and VCU look best.  

Think Phil would ever get the boot from St. Joe's?  I have always wondered, but he seems to be untouchable for some reason (its been many years since his deep NCAA tournament run).

I go to the St. Joe's game every year ...... the Hawk Hill denizens are quite vocal (as any Philly fan is) about their feelings on Phil.  I don't know the real percentage but maybe even if it's 50/50, the loud ones are always heard.  A few years ago, one group expressed directly to me that Phil's act "had grown stale" and that the "offense he had for Nelson and West doesn't work that way today without those athletes."  Then came the DeAndre Bembry run and Phil was pardoned.  But that shine would seem to have worn off.  I'll pay close attention to the talk in the hallways when I go this year.

There is also an unholy pact between Martelli and the current AD.  Phil b*tched he couldn't recruit against Nova and Temple without upgrades to Hawk Hill.  He got them ---- millions or so they said -- but Hagan is still the same ..... the endzone seats go up another section and add to the capacity but they are sucky seats.  There is nowhere for Hagan to go along the sidelines.  They are maxxed out ala Rose Hill.  Their only concession stands are in the endzones as well and it might be two per end.  I don't believe they sell beer.  Facilities for halftime suck. 

How do you fire an institution?

Adman, CBFan, SLU_Lax and 1 other like this

5 hours ago, SLU_Lax said:

Think Phil would ever get the boot from St. Joe's?  I have always wondered, but he seems to be untouchable for some reason (its been many years since his deep NCAA tournament run).

Was probably once an altar boy 🤔