johnbj14

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

From a Facebook group I’m in:

“It’s not strange timing. He refused to go to class. This is a fact, this is not a guess. From what I’ve heard he thinks he’s good enough to play in the NBA and is going to play in an overseas league for now. He’s an absolute headcase.”

just passing along. I don’t condone what is said, just another option

Must've found a team willing to play him in 2 minute increments.  He can't really get up and down the floor for much longer.

3 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

He’ll find a power 5 program where he doesn’t have to attend class. still happens all the time in this day and age. 

Sure but why bother? He’d possibly have to sit out a year and still pretend to be a student.

or he could travel the world, make a nice living, hopefully mature a little, and get ready for the NBA.

If he was getting in fights with his teammates and not attending class then good riddance. Maybe he contributed to chemistry issues. If he stays, great. If he leaves, let's go win the league without him. Last year we played better when the departures galvanized the team. Here is to hoping. (Trying to keep myself optimistic about this year because this is getting ridiculous.)

6 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

90% of these kids these days have no willingness to fight through any kind of adversity. Want everything handed to them. 

Makes you appreciate Jordan Goodwin that much more. Not a soul in the world would’ve blamed him for leaving after how he was treated by the school last year. But he fought through it because he loves this city. 

Just curious...do you know Goodwin personally?

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

Sure but why bother? He’d possibly have to sit out a year and still pretend to be a student.

or he could travel the world, make a nice living, hopefully mature a little, and get ready for the NBA.

That’s what he should’ve done from beginning. 

12 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

Also, as an aside, it is really creepy how Mizzou fans immediately latch onto a Twitter account after a cryptic tweet like this. 

Not really. Standard college basketball twitter. You should see the blue blood fan bases on there. Relentless.

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

He’s gonna have to mature a lot. He has NBA potential but it’s not a sure thing. Seems like he got too caught up in being a top 10 recruit at one time.  I hope everything works out for Gordon but I feel like it rarely does in cases like this. 

5 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

From a Facebook group I’m in:

“It’s not strange timing. He refused to go to class. This is a fact, this is not a guess. From what I’ve heard he thinks he’s good enough to play in the NBA and is going to play in an overseas league for now. He’s an absolute headcase.”

just passing along. I don’t condone what is said, just another option

He isn't good enough to be a bonafide starter at SLU, let alone play in the NBA. Good luck to him, I suppose. 

1 minute ago, Coach314 said:

Just curious...do you know Goodwin personally?

Personally, no. I’m sure you’re implying there are serious character flaws there. 

Unlike you, I’m a fan of this program. For me, I appreciate that he stuck it out through hard times. 

This sucks and is a blow to this year's team.   However, like some have said, this is sadly expected.  I was very cautious about being too excited about Gordon, because of what I have heard about him in high school from multiple sources.  In my mind, he was always going to have something like this happen.  It was either going to be his call or Ford's call, but at some point he would leave under bad terms.

In the words of the great Dick Vermeil during similar bad times, "we will rally around (the other guys on the team) and we will play good (basketball)."

1 minute ago, gobillsgo said:

Personally, no. I’m sure you’re implying there are serious character flaws there. 

Unlike you, I’m a fan of this program. For me, I appreciate that he stuck it out through hard times. 

Yea you’ll rather attack a fellow fan while trying to defend a kid who just fouked over our program and abondonded us midway through the season. Why don’t you just be a Gordon fan and stop being a Billiken because you obviously choose him over the fan base 

Just now, Glorydays2013 said:

Yea you’ll rather attack a fellow fan while trying to defend a kid who just fouked over our program and abondonded us midway through the season. Why don’t you just be a Gordon fan and stop being a Billiken because you obviously choose him over the fan base 

Please leave. Leave now. 

2 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Unlike you, I don't assume or read between the lines.  I was just asking a question.  Thank you for replying.  

3 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Why? Because I value players who are loyal to this program? I really don’t understand why this Gordon circlejerk is going on. He hasn’t put up anything that deserves to be nba potential 

You are embarrassing the rest of this board(I know about embarrassing) with your attacks on gordon. You can be displeased with Gordon and his decision without being a little ***** about it. Nobody here is happy with his decision. Nobody is saying that he’s ready for pro ball, in fact the opposite. Nobody is jerking themselves off over Gordon. Not only can you not spell but you apparently can’t read. 

1 minute ago, Glorydays2013 said:

F*** you. I’ve lived and breathed Billiken Basketball since age four.  It’s the main reason I attended SLU.  I have been seriously emotionally invested in this program for twenty years.  I’ve been through an unreal amount of ups and downs with this program and this latest blow, if true, is one of the most painful.

I am not a “Gordon fan”. I think many of us saw something like this as a real possibility. I just have an issue with adults calling teenage kids ”dbags”, especially when they haven’t officially even left the program. 

2 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

This is a teenage kid. Some things are more important than a basketball program. Does it suck? Yeah it sucks. It sucks for his teammates. It sucks for the fans. But for you to blast off on a teenager because it effects your fandom is insane. Does it hurt that yes leaving yes. But I sincerely hope he figures things out and he does great things. I'm not going start throwing insults at a kid because he left the program I cheer for.