Carte'Are Gordon Rumored to Transfer

johnbj14

5 minutes ago, IllSideBills said:

He coud have got a lot more minutes, but it was apparent that he was being brought in interchangbly for French to get rest. Point is that Hankton was playing in places he shouldn't be, and has barely been used all year even at his strong suit on a wing. Why else would they force him into big positions unless they are trying to get him ready to take that role behind Foreman, being the new tallest guy off the bench.

Gordon fouled out in literally 11 minutes 22 seconds. He could not have played one second more because he fouled out. And Hankton hasn't been used in most games mainly because he has not been healthy all year. 

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, IllSideBills said:

He coud have got a lot more minutes, but it was apparent that he was being brought in interchangbly for French to get rest. Point is that Hankton was playing in places he shouldn't be, and has barely been used all year even at his strong suit on a wing. Why else would they force him into big positions unless they are trying to get him ready to take that role behind Foreman, being the new tallest guy off the bench.

Coach has repeatedly stated "we will need [insert name here]'s help come conference play". I took Hankton's appearance to give him some PT against a weak opponent and to just try and change things up. Personally, I was more concerned with the lack of starting. Some people could take that an an insult and based SOLEY on MBM's claim that Gordon can be immature, got me thinking there could be a problem.

Still hoping this is just some sort of joke/attention seeking moment...

4 minutes ago, wgstl said:

and really liked that look too fwiw

More I think about it the further I back away from the ledge. French still gonna be a beast inside. Foreman can be a role player. Easier to do what he did last year when he gets heavier minutes. If hankton can develop into a viable stretch big I think we look ok. Of course it's going to suck but if CG the only one that leaves and commitments stand firm it's not the end of the world. If he was a cancer in the locker room it's probably for the best anyway. All theoretical of course. Really hope this is all a joke.

This makes little sense if true.  

CG was in foul trouble for one game and Hankton was playing well as we were up 15-20.  Otherwise CG has shown nicely.  We are 9-4 and about to roll through conference season.  

I guess anything can be true though.  So weird.  

Just now, SLU_Nick said:

This makes little sense if true.  

CG was in foul trouble for one game and Hankton was playing well as we were up 15-20.  Otherwise CG has shown nicely.  We are 9-4 and about to roll through conference season.  

I guess anything can be true though.  So weird.  

CG seemed to be laughing and having fun at the end of the app st game. 

6 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

More I think about it the further I back away from the ledge. French still gonna be a beast inside. Foreman can be a role player. Easier to do what he did last year when he gets heavier minutes. If hankton can develop into a viable stretch big I think we look ok. Of course it's going to suck but if CG the only one that leaves and commitments stand firm it's not the end of the world. If he was a cancer in the locker room it's probably for the best anyway. All theoretical of course. Really hope this is all a joke.

I appreciate your positive outlook, but we are woefully thin in the post if CG departs.  Even worse, French would be the only big on the roster for next year.  

I have no idea what the hell is going on. But if we’ve learned anything it’s not to read too much into the twitter posts of teenagers. Idk what is going to happen but let’s wait until we hear anything more official about this. Or hopefully we don’t hear anything else and he’s in the starting lineup Sunday. 

JohnnyJumpUp and Zink like this

1 minute ago, gobillsgo said:

I have no idea what the hell is going on. But if we’ve learned anything it’s not to read too much into the twitter posts of teenagers. Idk what is going to happen but let’s wait until we hear anything more official about this. Or hopefully we don’t hear anything else and he’s in the starting lineup Sunday. 

roger that!

9 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

While I agree with you, what scares me is the 'Official Announcement @...'.  The "fact(?)" that there is a scheduled announcement leads me to believe it is that he's leaving.

1 minute ago, gobillsgo said:

Who even is this?  From the looks of it, nobody. Is this, plus the cryptic Gordon tweet, the cause of everyone’s freak out?

Cryptic Gordon tweet started it. Personal theory is that this Pikus is goofing off with his friend ballahgabe, claiming that ballahgabe landed some big scoop, especially considering the gif ballahgabe replied to Pikus' tweet with. Neither appear to be reporters/bloggers/anything besides sports fans based on their twitter feeds.