Carte'Are Gordon Rumored to Transfer

johnbj14

4 minutes ago, SShoe said:

That's the hard part. To earn back the trust of teammates and fans, he needs to give the proverbial 110%.  Do you think he has that in him at this point?

At this point i think it’s either all going to come together or fall apart for him, so yes, I kind of do. 

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

You should read up on Chris Herren. This sounds like Chris without the drug addiction. Sounds like Gordon needs to get far away from Missouri. Probably overseas.

Overseas seems horrible. There he will be treated as an adult and on his own to make his own decisions. Doesn’t seem like he can 

3 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Overseas seems horrible. There he will be treated as an adult and on his own to make his own decisions. Doesn’t seem like he can 

his bad discussion making is in large part of the friends he has back here. Cutting those friends out obviously is hard, its not hard when you're in a foreign country.

https://m.soundcloud.com/bigredworldpodcast/the-house-that-rick-built-episode-1

A good listen (48 min) for thoughts and perspectives on the Bills and Carte’Are Gordon.  So give a listen and a follow to a young and newer podcaster!

disclaimer...this is my son, 19yr old college baseball player with a passion for all things St. Louis sports!!...but it is a good listen...however, I’ll let you be the judge!

Just now, brianstl said:

Then just say he needs a mentor.  Don't compare him to Mike Tyson and say he needs to be put in check.

But it's not about a mentor for GloryDays. It's about CG staying with the team "and being loyal." Glory Days doesn't give a sh!t about CG the person. That was made evident by his comments last night. He doesn't care about CG's "tough" mentor if that mentor is not named Travis Ford. His comments by are a thinly veiled joke!

21 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Yesterday you were saying he’s was an adult and needed to be treated like one.

Now he needs a mentor and to he handled with kid gloves?

It seems you need to step away for a bit and take a few deep breaths.

I am sure no one other those directly involved in it really knows what is going on right now. I am also sure that many of the parties directly involved have vastly different opinions about what has happened and how to deal with it. I think situations like this one appears to be it are very hard to understand by a group of outsiders, like us fans, who are not directly involved in them. I think it is likely that, from  the point of view of the individuals directly involved in it, it will be very hard to agree with of other individuals directly involved that disagree with their own point of view. In other words, this situation has probably become a true can of worms and a fair compromise will be extremely difficult to achieve. I have no idea how this issue will be dealt with by Gordon, or Ford, or the team, or the fans. So there it is, I do not want to judge what is right or what is wrong in this situation, all I want to say is that the problem is likely to go deeper and be much more complex than we, the fans, have any idea. I hope and pray it will be solved soon in a manner that allows our team to move forward.

kappy96 likes this

he needs a tough mentor?   the apparent straw that broke the back, bess telling him it was time to shape up, was the definition of what could have been the mentor you speak of.  javon bess might be the best team leader the billikens have ever had in my 40+ years of fandom.  who better to fit that role?   yet gordon walked away with his feelings hurt?   

7 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

he needs a tough mentor?   the apparent straw that broke the back, bess telling him it was time to shape up, was the definition of what could have been the mentor you speak of.  javon bess might be the best team leader the billikens have ever had in my 40+ years of fandom.  who better to fit that role?   yet gordon walked away with his feelings hurt?   

We need to hire Bess as a coach after this year

slufanskip likes this