Carte'Are Gordon Rumored to Transfer

johnbj14

1 minute ago, gobillsgo said:

I’d bet he ends up transferring at least once again. This doesn’t block the transfer option. Look at Zeke Moore. Or even Tramaine Isabell. Lots of kids play at three or more schools. 

Isabell was a grad transfer.  You are crazy if you think Gordon is going to wait five years to get a paycheck.  Zeke Moore isn't going going to have the chance to get rich playing basketball.  Gordon wants to be in a position to, at the most, be two years away from getting a big check playing basketball.  If it doesn't work out for Gordon at DePaul his next stop will be playing for peanuts in basketball backwaters in the US or around the world.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Totally different side of town.  Rosemont is out west.  This is South Side.

Yep. It is now All State Arena. That is where they played till they moved to south side. Indeed totally different side of town and why I mentioned it. We will have a few ex TF recruits to follow next few years. 

13 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I’d bet he ends up transferring at least once again. This doesn’t block the transfer option. Look at Zeke Moore. Or even Tramaine Isabell. Lots of kids play at three or more schools. 

Comparing Tramaine to Zeke? Zeke will have to sit out again another year, Tremaine did it as a grad transfer. Also didn't Zeke enroll first at Tenn Tech? Bolted just before summer session started.

Zeke may beat Welmer out on how long he stays in school.

Gordon was never a typical SLU type recruit, but it was a risk worth taking because of his talent. He verbally committed to SLU earlier than any recruit I can ever remember - prior to the start of his junior season in high school. Before he officially signed, there were always rumblings that he wouldn't stick with his commitment and even after he signed, on multiple occasions Frank would say there was speculation going around that he never would suit up for SLU. Considering he had a rocky high school career - changing high schools and then getting suspended for part of his senior season, we weren't exactly dealing with the most stable situation. It was a bit of an upset that he actually stuck with his commitment and suited up for SLU for a few games. 

Based on his track record, I was always concerned that Gordon would do something really bad during his time at SLU. The one positive about his departure is that he got out of here without a major public incident. Just a perception, but the kid strikes me as somebody who is impulsive and has anger management/maturity issues. The Seton Hall postgame handshake incident gave us a little glimpse of that. Macon looked like he wanted to strangle him for whatever he said. And apparently he has little guidance in his life or whoever his advisors are - are doing a poor job or unable to get through to him, which makes a bad situation worse.  

It's pretty safe to say that Gordon is not going to DePaul to further his education - I'm guessing his career goal is to play professional basketball and if that is his goal, choosing DePaul seems like a terrible choice. It wouldn't shock me if he goes "pro" before suiting up for DePaul. And by going "pro" I don't see the NBA in his future. He certainly has the natural ability to carve out a decent living playing overseas for a while, but I doubt he has the discipline and ability to handle adversity to advance much beyond that. And even if he makes some decent money playing abroad, with his poor choices and reportedly questionable inner circle, that money could be frittered away quickly.  I don't see this ending well and I anticipate there will be a "where are they now" type story in 10 years.  

billiken_roy, SShoe and Taj79 like this

1 hour ago, tarheelbilliken said:

Comparing Tramaine to Zeke? Zeke will have to sit out again another year, Tremaine did it as a grad transfer. Also didn't Zeke enroll first at Tenn Tech? Bolted just before summer session started.

Zeke may beat Welmer out on how long he stays in school.

Jesus Christ, it isn’t a comparison. I’m just showing that a lot of players go to three schools for many different reasons. And based on past behavior, I don’t see Carteare staying at DePaul for three more years. 

3 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Yes - if all things are equal

Fair enough.  You do, I don't.  I'd be looking more for NCAA tourney potential than 4 extra games against directional schools.

In this particular case, my prediction for several obvious reasons is that Gordon will never play in an NCAA Tourney game.

1 minute ago, gobillsgo said:

Jesus Christ, it isn’t a comparison. I’m just showing that a lot of players go to three schools for many different reasons. And based on past behavior, I don’t see Carteare staying at DePaul for three more years. 

Maybe not three more months if he has to go to class but not play basketball.

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

Fair enough.  You do, I don't.  I'd be looking more for NCAA tourney potential than 4 extra games against directional schools.

I said all things being equal.  Of course if a kid can go to Duke then he won't worry about it.  But if your choices are a DePaul and playing a bit earlier or to Kent State then yes.

22 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

You need to check your calendar - If he plays in December it is only about 3 weeks short of a full fall semester.

22 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

You need to check your calendar - If he plays in December it is only about 3 weeks short of a full fall semester.

old one; dude orders a pizza for himself and clerk ask if he wants it 6 or 8 pieces and he says 6 he couldn't eat 8 pieces by himself. 

word upthread has it that the Demons learn in quarters I think has something to do with it?

33 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Check Stus tweet and the DePaul announcement. He gets to play late November/ Early December because of what I said in the past, they have a quarter system. Get you facts right before you say someone is wrong