Carte'Are Gordon Rumored to Transfer

johnbj14

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Love the fact that his first game at DePaul, he got to watch them get thrashed by a team the Billikens handled earlier this season when he was with us.  Here's hoping that Seton Hall destroys them next, and he wonders what they heck he was thinking.

@Pistol has already mentioned the upgrade in talent they will have next year.  It will be a different team.  

34 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I really do not think there is a single or a primary reason for Gordon's departure from SLU, but rather a (possibly strange) mix of reasons both positive and negative about this issue which  were floating inside his mind for some time.

Regardless of how he came to the decision, the result is that Gordon reneged on his commitment to the school, and once again fvcks over his team mates. Sure, wish him well; hope for the best. But, statistically speaking, based on a large sample size, the chances of this doofus crashing and burning again are very high.

slufanskip likes this

10 minutes ago, NashvilleBilliken said:

Yeah, that's what I don't get. He's basically put up Crew's like numbers the past few years. Now he has a monster recruiting class and the tide is turning? This whole thing is weird.

Yeah, but so far this year, Leitao is 10-6. They beat Seton Hall and # 24 St Johns. So, he is trending up.

why are we still obsessing about gordon?   he's gone (and probably for the best).   couldnt care less about him at this point.   until we meet depaul in a game he will be playing i wont give him much thought and we all should do the same imo.  

Old guy and rgbilliken like this

28 minutes ago, NashvilleBilliken said:

Yeah, that's what I don't get. He's basically put up Crew's like numbers the past few years. Now he has a monster recruiting class and the tide is turning? This whole thing is weird.

You could have given Crews the 92 dream team and he would have effed it up. 

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

why are we still obsessing about gordon?   he's gone (and probably for the best).   couldnt care less about him at this point.   until we meet depaul in a game he will be playing i wont give him much thought and we all should do the same imo.  

Agree

AGB91 likes this

We care about Gordon because he left his hometown team he committed to 3 years ago, to go to a team who wasn’t relavent since Bush was president, a team who has finished dead last for 7 years in the big east. 

He left us 1 injury short of having a single forward. He turned he back on us and we can suffer because of it. If he decomitted last year we could at least replace him 

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:44 AM, johnbj14 said:

I didn't realize that saying a school had a nice arena was such a controversial post. If you like Chaifetz, that's great, but that doesn't mean other schools have bad facilities. 

It's not.  Coming on this Board and saying the following is what is controversial.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:48 PM, almaman said:

DePaul built a new arena last year that puts Chaifetz to shame.

Band Legend and rgbilliken like this

• 3 weeks later...

-interesting read, this part from the article, talking about suspensions at WGHS, is like saying it's just a flesh wound..........He incurred a second one on a technicality. In a late February game, Gordon leaped off the bench and rushed across the court to celebrate with a teammate who had just dunked the ball.En route, he bumped into an opponent resulting in an automatic ejection which in turn resulted in an automatic one-game suspension

I really do think getting away from STL was his main motivation. That coupled with difficulty getting along with a few teammates made for an easy decision.

I wish he could have just decommited before the season and left then though. I wish him well regardless.