Carte'Are Gordon Rumored to Transfer

johnbj14

11 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

He was on the bench tonight

Yes, he was on the bench and was briefly discussed by the announcers.  Gordon will enjoy playing for DePaul as defense is obviously optional.  They looked bad in taking an 18 point drubbing by a mediocre Butler team.  Butler had lost 7 true road games in a row until DePaul laid down for them.  DePaul should have exploited their size advantage inside.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, almaman said:

man if this was a divorce or romantic relationship it would have an odor. Was DEpaul even heard from before we got him? Has his girlfriend moved up there first?

Yeah.  DePaul has been showing interest in a lot of local kids the last couple years....Gordon included.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

They looked bad in taking an 18 point drubbing by a mediocre Butler team.  Butler had lost 7 true road games in a row until DePaul laid down for them.  DePaul should have exploited their size advantage inside.

That has to be a rare occurrence...playing against a team early in the season, and then sitting on the bench in street clothes for a second game when the school you transferred to plays them again.

1 hour ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

That has to be a rare occurrence...playing against a team early in the season, and then sitting on the bench in street clothes for a second game when the school you transferred to plays them again.

Their next game is at Seton Hall... I wonder if he’ll go through the handshake line?

14 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Check Stus tweet and the DePaul announcement. He gets to play late November/ Early December because of what I said in the past, they have a quarter system. Get you facts right before you say someone is wrong 

No get your facts straight - he will only be able to play about 3 weeks early.

14 hours ago, almaman said:

old one; dude orders a pizza for himself and clerk ask if he wants it 6 or 8 pieces and he says 6 he couldn't eat 8 pieces by himself. 

word upthread has it that the Demons learn in quarters I think has something to do with it?

Look, if their quarter ends at the end of November and a semester ends about the middle or a couple of days later in December then it is about 3 weeks earlier.  Not sure what is so hard to understand about that.  Nobody ever denied that DePaul used a quarter system young dude.

8 hours ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I hadn't thought of that.  He also should have told Coach Leitao how to beat Butler.  Leitao didn't have a clue.

DeSmetBilliken likes this

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

You both are saying the same thing.  Late November/early December and 3 weeks (compared to SLU), it's all the same.  No big deal here.

I am done with this but he was the one who came after my post.  I can decide to respond or not and either way I am not a "Richard" - I know you did not say it .

A thought that crossed my mind was that surely the Jacobs at DePaul talked to his brother - our Jacobs - about Gordon.  Assuming he did I wonder what he was told - it obviously did not change DePaul's thinking.  Of course a big talent will entice anybody at least for a try.

2 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

A thought that crossed my mind was that surely the Jacobs at DePaul talked to his brother - our Jacobs - about Gordon.  Assuming he did I wonder what he was told - it obviously did not change DePaul's thinking.  Of course a big talent will entice anybody at least for a try.

but the depaul jacobs is not at depaul yet.  

Gordon's questionable decision to go to DePaul is much worse than I originally thought... while channel surfing last night, I stopped in on the DePaul game and noticed that Gordon was sitting on the bench next to the most annoying walk-on in America: https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2018/2/13/16964618/depaul-walk-on-pantelis-xidias-college-basketball-greatest-hype-man

Even as DePaul is getting its crap kicked in, this goofball stands up during the game and starts getting jiggy with it. If Gordon has to sit next to this annoying kid the rest of the season, I think we can expect to see one of his tantrums. This walk-on would drive anybody nuts.

19 minutes ago, ACE said:

Gordon's questionable decision to go to DePaul is much worse than I originally thoughts... while channel surfing last night, I stopped in on the DePaul game and noticed that Gordon was sitting on the bench next to the most annoying walk-on in America: https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2018/2/13/16964618/depaul-walk-on-pantelis-xidias-college-basketball-greatest-hype-man

Even as DePaul is getting its crap kicked in, this goofball stands up during the game and starts getting jiggy with it. If Gordon has to sit next to this annoying kid the rest of the season, I think we can expect to see one of his tantrums. This walk-on would drive anybody nuts.

First locker room fight target confirmed 

MattyMo213 and Pistol like this

57 minutes ago, ACE said:

Gordon's questionable decision to go to DePaul is much worse than I originally thoughts... while channel surfing last night, I stopped in on the DePaul game and noticed that Gordon was sitting on the bench next to the most annoying walk-on in America: https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2018/2/13/16964618/depaul-walk-on-pantelis-xidias-college-basketball-greatest-hype-man

Oh man, thanks for posting this. I meant to look this up after the Xavier game up there a couple weeks ago. I noticed that a spaz at the end of the bench was standing up and holding his arms in the air (like a fan) every time a Xavier player was at the FT line. I've never seen that before from an opposing player.

On 1/15/2019 at 10:05 PM, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Ok the Wintrust Arena is dope, but attendance is minimal. Off campus and in south side Chicago

On 1/15/2019 at 10:59 PM, johnbj14 said:

In theory South Loop makes sense, but putting it that far east makes it a nightmare to get to using public transportation. Similar problems at Soldier Field. It also isn't really the South Side, but the point remains that location stinks. 

Wintrust is a brand new stadium, not really on the  "south side" and accessible by public transportation (walking distance to two different L stops and about 4 buses go to McCormick).  The issue is Lincoln Park to McCormick is still a haul on the red line and students won't go when the team sucks.  More a way for DePaul to get new digs in the city for alumni and not have to pay for it all.  

johnbj14 likes this

25 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Oh man, thanks for posting this. I meant to look this up after the Xavier game up there a couple weeks ago. I noticed that a spaz at the end of the bench was standing up and holding his arms in the air (like a fan) every time a Xavier player was at the FT line. I've never seen that before from an opposing player.

That kid is such a weirdo. I first saw him a few weeks ago and couldn't believe what I was seeing.

I guess when you're desperate like DePaul basketball, you'll do anything to try to grab a little attention.