Carte'Are Gordon Rumored to Transfer

johnbj14

DePaul is actually upgrading the talent level in a pretty serious way, with Gordon joining Markese Jacobs, Romeo Weems, and Oscar Lopez. There's also a chance they could get a re-commitment from Terrence Shannon.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Old guy said:

Very different cases, which obviously you cannot see. Gordon was having trouble with his team and probably with himself and he was acknowledging this. It was not an issue of him thinking he was too good for us. I think he is a kid with a large amount of issues that he has to work out. He acted in good faith. Gordon landed in DePaul which is most certainly somewhere around the bottom of Big East.

Pearson acted in bad faith with his show and dance about  his poor sick grandmother. He truly thought he was too good for us and he should not dirty himself by playing at SLU. He thought he would be in great demand and wanted to go to Kentucky or similar. He wound up in a prep school, and we have yet to see where he lands next year. I do not see him as acting in good faith to us in any way shape or manner.

Not everyone that leaves us is a tool. Gordon is not in my opinion. I wish Gordon all the best.  Pearson on the other hand was a self entitled POS who thought we were too inferior for someone as high in talent and prospects as he is. He is not only a tool, he is worse than a tool. I already posted what I wished for him in the future several times, no need to retype it

So you know what Pearson was thinking? or do you just assume you know? Imo Pearson's situation was wrong but less so than Gordon

28 minutes ago, Pistol said:

DePaul is actually upgrading the talent level in a pretty serious way, with Gordon joining Markese Jacobs, Romeo Weems, and Oscar Lopez. There's also a chance they could get a re-commitment from Terrence Shannon.

I’m willing to bet a case of Moerlien that it falls apart quickly 😃

As best as I can see, Gordon wanted to be top[ horse but didn't want to be ridden.  Now, this is a statement made just from items on this board so what do I know about facts.  I really don't expect to see the kid on a college floor again.   This is not malice, this is my opinion.  If he does make it to the DePaul court, then it will be some indication that all the "stuff" I/we have heard is bullshite and an attack on the kid's character.  Gordon must sit a year before coming on the court again.  So he has to enroll now, for second semester, to be eligible in December 2019.  When he steps foot on the court then, he will be a sophomore because the NCAA recognizes any year semester played as a full year.  While the A!0 is big man-challenged, the Big East I snot so much.  I'll follow this saga from a distance, I guess.

Verbal Commits website shows Gordon as a verbal to DePaul right now.  As I read that site, they already had 13 players under scholarship.  Hmmmm.

jimbofive likes this

7 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

According to a DePaul poster on the Big East forum, DePaul's quarter system will allow Gordon to play shortly after Thanksgiving. 

Would give this a bad post, but I guess that would be like shooting the messenger. 

If that actually happens then college athletics have totally gone to utter sh!t. 

I have a hard time caring about when he's eligible. Are we still expecting the NCAA to apply their rules fairly and with transparency? At this point, I just assume that in every case they will do what seems the least fair and makes the least sense, whether or not it benefits the player in question.

He could play in DePaul's next game and I'm fine with it. He's moved on.

8 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Would give this a bad post, but I guess that would be like shooting the messenger. 

If that actually happens then college athletics have totally gone to utter sh!t. 

Not sure why the angst?  We are talking of a 4 or 5 games played difference between a DePaul quarterly schedule and a SLU semester schedule, if in fact all of this is true. 

slufan13 likes this

8 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I don’t know what the rule is, but if it’s based on when an academic term ends, that may be the case. 

If it was that simple then every transferring player would go to a quarter school - sorry this makes no sense.  It may just show how ill informed the poster is.  By the way, if what he said was true then we would have heard of others transferring to DePaul or quarter schools but I have never heard anything like this.

15 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I have a hard time caring about when he's eligible. Are we still expecting the NCAA to apply their rules fairly and with transparency? At this point, I just assume that in every case they will do what seems the least fair and makes the least sense, whether or not it benefits the player in question.

He could play in DePaul's next game and I'm fine with it. He's moved on.

The way the NCAA hands out waivers like Halloween candy, it wouldn't surprise me if Gordon suited up tonight for their game against Butler.

Hardship case; wanted to move closer to his family, uh, not this one...coach left the program, uh no he's still here.... needed to get into a school that had a major he desired, yeah right......wanted to see the sights and experience the night life of Chicago?  Okay, now we have a something worthy of a waiver.

Littlebill and billiken_roy like this

8 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

If it was that simple then every transferring player would go to a quarter school - sorry this makes no sense.  It may just show how ill informed the poster is.  By the way, if what he said was true then we would have heard of others transferring to DePaul or quarter schools but I have never heard anything like this.

You really think kids would target a school for 4 extra games?  I doubt it, especially DePaul...no one cares about DePaul basketball.  Their turnstile attendance is less than a Webster Groves HS game.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

I think Carteare is going to end up being pretty good at DePaul.  He doesn't have the transfer option available anymore and the can force a kid to look at things differently.  If he wants to make the big money in the NBA or Europe, he knows he has to get with the program now.  

On how this effects SLU, I think DePaul is one of the worst places he could have gone for SLU.  I don't want St. Louis kids viewing DePaul as a viable, close to home option.  This gives local kids a reason to pay attention to DePaul next season.

TaLBErt likes this

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

I think Carteare is going to end up being pretty good at DePaul.  He doesn't have the transfer option available anymore and the can force a kid to look at things differently.  If he wants to make the big money in the NBA or Europe, he knows he has to get with the program now.  

On how this effects SLU, I think DePaul is one of the worst places he could have gone for SLU.  I don't want St. Louis kids viewing DePaul as a viable, close to home option.  This gives local kids a reason to pay attention to DePaul next season.

I get the sense the “local kids” don’t care too much for CAG. 

billiken_roy and DirtyRican like this

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

I would doubt there are many local kids ready to follow the path of CAG. 

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I’d bet he ends up transferring at least once again. This doesn’t block the transfer option. Look at Zeke Moore. Or even Tramaine Isabell. Lots of kids play at three or more schools. 

6 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The only thing that really matters to the local kids is if we win....

rgbilliken likes this

21 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

You really think kids would target a school for 4 extra games?  I doubt it, especially DePaul...no one cares about DePaul basketball.  Their turnstile attendance is less than a Webster Groves HS game.

Exactly. And who among SLU fans cares if he starts playing at Depaul in very late November or mid-December. I know I sure don't.

7 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I’d bet he ends up transferring at least once again. This doesn’t block the transfer option. Look at Zeke Moore. Or even Tramaine Isabell. Lots of kids play at three or more schools. 

i disagree.  next step will be pro at some level.  likely thought he would do that now but then was hit square in the face likely with laughter and short statements about needing to grow up and show responsibility, etc blah blah blah.   dont any of that sinks in but still likely had no other options and this was the highest profile he could get.  now the question is can he make it to 2020?  once a quitter always a quitter