Carte'Are Gordon Rumored to Transfer

johnbj14

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

DePaul built a new arena last year that puts Chaifetz to shame. I've been a couple times and it really is something. Doesn't fill because isn't on campus, but their facilities are top notch. 

I'll have to see their ductwork before I can make a judgement.

18 minutes ago, MattyMo213 said:

Weren’t two of DePaul’s assistant coaches under FBI investigation?

This is D1 college basketball so as always, an Adias bag full of unmarked bills may be part of the equation.

7 hours ago, Old guy said:

Very different cases, which obviously you cannot see. Gordon was having trouble with his team and probably with himself and he was acknowledging this. It was not an issue of him thinking he was too good for us. I think he is a kid with a large amount of issues that he has to work out. He acted in good faith. Gordon landed in DePaul which is most certainly somewhere around the bottom of Big East.

Pearson acted in bad faith with his show and dance about  his poor sick grandmother. He truly thought he was too good for us and he should not dirty himself by playing at SLU. He thought he would be in great demand and wanted to go to Kentucky or similar. He wound up in a prep school, and we have yet to see where he lands next year. I do not see him as acting in good faith to us in any way shape or manner.

Not everyone that leaves us is a tool. Gordon is not in my opinion. I wish Gordon all the best.  Pearson on the other hand was a self entitled POS who thought we were too inferior for someone as high in talent and prospects as he is. He is not only a tool, he is worse than a tool. I already posted what I wished for him in the future several times, no need to retype it

Impressive that you can, apparently, read both players' mind. At least Pearson didn't tell the team to f*** off in the middle of a promising season.

13 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

DePaul built a new arena last year that puts Chaifetz to shame. I've been a couple times and it really is something. Doesn't fill because isn't on campus, but their facilities are top notch. 

10 minutes ago, almaman said:

Where is it and name please?

It is at the McCormick Place, a good ways from the N side campus.  DePaul only funded about half of it, with the public participation being very controversial. 

The $193 million arena was controversial ever since it was announced in 2013, about a week before Mayor Rahm Emanuel moved to close 49 Chicago public schools. The arena was developed by the Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority and DePaul, the latter contributing $82.5 million toward the project. 

Their attendance hasn't seen the jump that they hoped for.   No one cares about DePaul basketball in Chicago.

31 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

There is no college arena that puts chaifetz to shame but it’s my understanding their new home is very nice 

cgeldmacher likes this

15 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

It is at the McCormick Place, a good ways from the N side campus.  DePaul only funded about half of it, with the public participation being very controversial. 

The $193 million arena was controversial ever since it was announced in 2013, about a week before Mayor Rahm Emanuel moved to close 49 Chicago public schools. The arena was developed by the Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority and DePaul, the latter contributing $82.5 million toward the project. 

Their attendance hasn't seen the jump that they hoped for.   No one cares about DePaul basketball in Chicago.

Did they add to it, modify, tear down and rebuild? Memory serves they played at Rosemont Horizon a while back.

6 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

If Gordon gets a waiver to play immediately while we had Santos, and Adonys sit out a year before they found trouble I will call SLU athletics everyday throwing a fit. 

I am not aware of a single player, in the history of college basketball, that has been allowed to leave a d1 school midseason and play at another d1 school later that same season.

3 minutes ago, Old guy said:

If pigs had wings they would fly, or perhaps they would be flightless and run around flapping the useless things. 

Hey Old guy, haven't you used that expression before? I remember a thread where we devolved into a discussion of flying spare ribs or some such. Just like now, it didn't make any sense... but it did make me hungry.

7 minutes ago, Old guy said:

If pigs had wings they would fly, or perhaps they would be flightless and run around flapping the useless things. 

No response to your defense of Gordon but your attack on Pearson? I would love if Pearson committed to us again even though its doubtful. Winning the A10 will open a lot of recruiting doors

5 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

Hey Old guy, haven't you used that expression before? I remember a thread where we devolved into a discussion of flying spare ribs or some such. Just like now, it didn't make any sense... but it did make me hungry.

Charles Vergos' Rendezvous used to have Pigsfly as part of their mail order phone Number.

51 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Ok the Wintrust Arena is dope, but attendance is minimal. Off campus and in south side Chicago

In theory South Loop makes sense, but putting it that far east makes it a nightmare to get to using public transportation. Similar problems at Soldier Field. It also isn't really the South Side, but the point remains that location stinks. 

11 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

In theory South Loop makes sense, but putting it that far east makes it a nightmare to get to using public transportation. Similar problems at Soldier Field. It also isn't really the South Side, but the point remains that location stinks. 

OK.  I call bull**** on these posts of yours.  What is so great that it puts Chaifetz to shame?  That it is located in Chicago as opposed to St. Louis?

The arena is off-campus, a more difficult commute/public transport problems and parking apparently sucks-- not good for a college arena.  Location alone seems to make Chaifetz better.  In addition, Chaifetz is NOT a "multi purpose" facility.  Pictures appear to have similar seating (though Chaifetz holds 10,600 vs. 10,000).  If you prefer the boxes, then God love you - again, not for college basketball. You probably also prefer $23 parking there too! I have also been to concerts at Chaifetz and enjoyed the TV screens and sound system -- something apparently very poor at Wintrust.

And BTW, haven't read a positive review/comment but did find bad review after bad review such as the following:

Not sure if Wintrust should've opened. There is no order in this place. Parking is horrendous. No staff available to assist with seating. I will be calling customer service regarding the poor sound system at this concert tonight. The first act that performed had issues with sound. Avant couldn't finish his act bc of the sound. Just horrible. With as many restrictions there are to get into this place and when we arrive the disorganization and poor sound makes me regret I purchased tickets.

2 hours ago, Old guy said:

Leave him alone guys, he has enough problems of his own as it is. It did not work at SLU, just wish him well and get over it.

Old Guy.

As Roy likes to say, CG is dead to me.  I am over him - and could care less anymore.  That means that I am not obsessed and fixated over him either way.  I am not going out of my way to trash him -- but I also don't make excuses (like you do) for his immaturity and mistakes he made and continues to make.   Also, while I don't wish harm to him, unlike you, I also don't wish him well either.

6 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

OK.  I call bull**** on these posts of yours.  What is so great that it puts Chaifetz to shame?  That it is located in Chicago as opposed to St. Louis?

The arena is off-campus, a more difficult commute/public transport problems and parking apparently sucks-- not good for a college arena.  Location alone seems to make Chaifetz better.  In addition, Chaifetz is NOT a "multi purpose" facility.  Pictures appear to have similar seating (though Chaifetz holds 10,600 vs. 10,000).  If you prefer the boxes, then God love you - again, not for college basketball. You probably also prefer $23 parking there too! I have also been to concerts at Chaifetz and enjoyed the TV screens and sound system -- something apparently very poor at Wintrust.

And BTW, haven't read a positive review/comment but did find bad review after bad review such as the following:

Not sure if Wintrust should've opened. There is no order in this place. Parking is horrendous. No staff available to assist with seating. I will be calling customer service regarding the poor sound system at this concert tonight. The first act that performed had issues with sound. Avant couldn't finish his act bc of the sound. Just horrible. With as many restrictions there are to get into this place and when we arrive the disorganization and poor sound makes me regret I purchased tickets.

Good to see you posting more clock you are one of my favorites.

i recently did a show for my company at McCormick Place and stayed at The Marriott Marquis that is adjacent to Wintrust.  I think as long as there is not a day game during a convention there is plenty of expensive parking at McCormick place for games.  With Chicago’s bad weather during the Basketball season it is a covered and climate control walk to the arena.  People comparing Chaifetz to Wintrust is a silly apples to oranges comparison DePaul plays there.  The comparison would be comparing Enterprise to Chaifetz.

If what’s his name thinks it is better to take a bus ride in the Chicago traffic and play in front of more empty seats knock yourself out kid.

That bus ride must be better than being on a 13-4, 4-0 conf. Team.

8 hours ago, johnbj14 said:

I haven't seen the new place they play in but I was under the impression that the school does not own it but it simply its main tenet.  From what I remember it is not on campus - closer than where they played before but still not close enough to walk to from the school.

18 hours ago, Old guy said:

SLU72, this has the taste of sour grapes to me. Kids, and Gordon is a kid regardless of what he may think, do things like these. In this case it may well have been that the transition to a place like SLU was too much for him. There are any number of reasons for his transfer that do not involve a conscious attempt to cause harm to SLU in  any way. In reality he has to deal with himself, his life and his transition into what he wants to be, something that may prove difficult to do. I say this without the least intention of putting him down and wish him luck and good fortune.

As far as Team Blue goes, they may be better off without him. That is what Bess and a number of the  other players have said. So, I do not see why this loss is so devastating to any Billikens fan. Gordon is doing what he wants and needs to do and all the best to him. Team Blue is better off without him and all the best to the Bills.  No need to get upset here.

All this is true except that he's a kid. I get so tired of hearing about 18, 19, 20 year olds as kids. They are young adults. 18 year olds, vote, serve in the military, go to work full time to raise a family, etc …. People, yes even 18 year olds need to be held accountable. He made a commitment and in the end isn't responsible enough to follow through and keep his word. I don't wish him ill will, however just saying oh well, he's just a kid doesn't work for me

JohnnyJumpUp and BilliKat like this