Carte'Are Gordon Rumored to Transfer

johnbj14

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, almaman said:

Maybe he and or his posse think he was not going to get enough focus to expose what they think is a NBA draftee and moving to Beast will give him more big market exposure.

His posse has always been very knowledgeable and level headed. Gotta think they knows what’s best for mr. Gordon.

SLU_Nick likes this

3 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Why win the A10 when you can get destroyed and embarrassed in the Big East. He would have had easy matchups in the A10 and will now get bullied in the BEAST. I predict a few fights. Big East is the BEAST for a reason

Making it in A-10 no proof one can handle NBA. If you our all Big East and has his high ratings coming out HS he has much more of a chance making an impression. I am not saying anything about him achieving this I am just thinking that this is what he seems to be thinking. I think he won't stand out my even drop out there too.

18 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

This the same guy who roasted Pearson for reneging?

Very different cases, which obviously you cannot see. Gordon was having trouble with his team and probably with himself and he was acknowledging this. It was not an issue of him thinking he was too good for us. I think he is a kid with a large amount of issues that he has to work out. He acted in good faith. Gordon landed in DePaul which is most certainly somewhere around the bottom of Big East.

Pearson acted in bad faith with his show and dance about  his poor sick grandmother. He truly thought he was too good for us and he should not dirty himself by playing at SLU. He thought he would be in great demand and wanted to go to Kentucky or similar. He wound up in a prep school, and we have yet to see where he lands next year. I do not see him as acting in good faith to us in any way shape or manner.

Not everyone that leaves us is a tool. Gordon is not in my opinion. I wish Gordon all the best.  Pearson on the other hand was a self entitled POS who thought we were too inferior for someone as high in talent and prospects as he is. He is not only a tool, he is worse than a tool. I already posted what I wished for him in the future several times, no need to retype it

QUAILMAN likes this

1 minute ago, Old guy said:

Very different cases, which obviously you cannot see. Gordon was having trouble with his team and probably with himself and he was acknowledging this. It was not an issue of him thinking he was too good for us. I think he is a kid with a large amount of issues that he has to work out. He acted in good faith. Gordon landed in DePaul which is most certainly somewhere around the bottom of Big East.

Pearson acted in bad faith with his show and dance about  his poor sick grandmother. He truly thought he was too good for us and he should not dirt himself by playing at SLU. He thought he would be in great demand and wanted to go to Kentucky or similar. He wound up in a prep school, and we are yet to see where he lands next year. I do not see him as acting in good faith to us in any way shape or manner.

Not everyone that leaves us is a tool, Gordon is not in my opinion. I wish Gordon all the best.  Pearson on the other hand was a self entitled POS who thought we were too inferior for someone as high in talent and prospects as he way. He is not only a tool, he is worse than a tool. I already posted what I wished for him in the future several times, no need to retype it

Of all the @Old guyopinions - his absolute hatred for Mickey Pearson is my all time favorite. Keep it up. 

16 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Why win the A10 when you can get destroyed and embarrassed in the Big East. He would have had easy matchups in the A10 and will now get bullied in the BEAST. I predict a few fights. Big East is the BEAST for a reason

To be fair, there must be some potential upside with DePaul.

They are still in the bottom tier of the Big East, will not even be on the bubble come March, and are maybe 7th banana at best in the Chicago-land winter sports pecking order.  

But ya know, at least they.........I give up, I don’t get it.

rgbilliken likes this

1 minute ago, ARon said:

They are still in the bottom tier of the Big East, will not even be on the bubble come March, and are maybe 7th banana at best in the Chicago-land winter sports pecking order.  

C.R.E.A.M.

2 minutes ago, ARon said:

1 minute ago, RiseAndGrind said:

C.R.E.A.M.

The upside is almost positively 35 minutes a game on a shytty team in a high profile league rather than a good player on a team full of them in a less visible league. 

12 minutes ago, ARon said:

Exactly. Anyone know if Depaul has good facilities? Pretty Sure Chaifetz has better 

16 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Pearson acted in bad faith with his show and dance about  his poor sick grandmother. He truly thought he was too good for us and he should not dirty himself by playing at SLU. He thought he would be in great demand and wanted to go to Kentucky or similar. He wound up in a prep school, and we have yet to see where he lands next year. I do not see him as acting in good faith to us in any way shape or manner.

Not everyone that leaves us is a tool. Gordon is not in my opinion. I wish Gordon all the best.  Pearson on the other hand was a self entitled POS who thought we were too inferior for someone as high in talent and prospects as he is. He is not only a tool, he is worse than a tool. I already posted what I wished for him in the future several times, no need to retype it

Gordon literally thought he was better than SLU and left. Its worse since he took a scholarship away and now we lack depth at the Forward. His actions hurt us, Pearson's actions just got us KC Hankton. I don't know what you're thinking

8 minutes ago, ARon said:

3 positives about going to Depaul

1. It could lead to meeting Ryan Reynolds. Quinton Richardson went to DePaul. Quinton Richardson was in Van Wilder....so there is a possible connection

2. One of the Dieners went there and most of them seem pretty cool.

3. George Mikan went there. I bet they have a statue of him. It would be cool to get a picture with a George Mikan statue.

7 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Exactly. Anyone know if Depaul has good facilities? Pretty Sure Chaifetz has better 

DePaul built a new arena last year that puts Chaifetz to shame. I've been a couple times and it really is something. Doesn't fill because isn't on campus, but their facilities are top notch.