Carte'Are Gordon Rumored to Transfer

johnbj14

11 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Think u missed my point. I have no problem with his leaving, but I don't have to respect it. Especially, since he made such a big deal about playing for his city. I don't wish him any ill will, but he's gone so I couldn't give a damn where he ends up or how he does. Just like I really don't care how any other D1 player does who's not a Billiken. 

He never represented his City during his high school years when playing AAU.  I never bought into the "staying home to represent my city" line.  I think to many people are focusing on that part.  It just didn't work out between Gordon and SLU.  Best for both parties to move on.  I can see the DePaul connection tho.  

VeniceMenace likes this

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

He never represented his City during his high school years when playing AAU.  I never bought into the "staying home to represent my city" line.  I think to many people are focusing on that part.  It just didn't work out between Gordon and SLU.  Best for both parties to move on.  I can see the DePaul connection tho.  

What didn’t work out? Starting almost every game and getting maximum freshmen minutes and every opportunity? We gave him everything 

10 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

What didn’t work out? Starting almost every game and getting maximum freshmen minutes and every opportunity? We gave him everything 

I understand the frustration.   I understand many feel he wasted an opportunity.  I'd rather not talk about the actions that led to this outcome.  It didn't work out.  He's gone.  Let's enjoy the rest of the season.  

Please close this thread it is over and done; now he is like any other high school recruit that goes off to school some place else. He could play ball in Europe and not be bothered with classes.

rgbilliken likes this

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Think u missed my point. I have no problem with his leaving, but I don't have to respect it. Especially, since he made such a big deal about playing for his city. I don't wish him any ill will, but he's gone so I couldn't give a damn where he ends up or how he does. Just like I really don't care how any other D1 player does who's not a Billiken. 

Wait a minute - are SLU 72 and Broy the same poster now?

4 hours ago, Old guy said:

SLU72, this has the taste of sour grapes to me. Kids, and Gordon is a kid regardless of what he may think, do things like these. In this case it may well have been that the transition to a place like SLU was too much for him. There are any number of reasons for his transfer that do not involve a conscious attempt to cause harm to SLU in  any way. In reality he has to deal with himself, his life and his transition into what he wants to be, something that may prove difficult to do. I say this without the least intention of putting him down and wish him luck and good fortune.

As far as Team Blue goes, they may be better off without him. That is what Bess and a number of the  other players have said. So, I do not see why this loss is so devastating to any Billikens fan. Gordon is doing what he wants and needs to do and all the best to him. Team Blue is better off without him and all the best to the Bills.  No need to get upset here.

Sorry I do not see sour grapes in SLU72’s response.  CG is an adult, his decisions are going to determine his future. He and he alone is in charge.  He and he alone is responsible for the decisions he makes.  Many kids go off to college and it does not work out like they wanted. They are free to transfer but if they have signed a contract that has a term of commitment, then they are still responsible. Just because he is a high caliber BBall athlete, does not excuse him from his responsibilities. 

To to leave in the middle of a season is  poor form, barring medical reasons/illness. I wish him well, but I do not respect his decision or the guidance he appears to be receiving.

slufanskip likes this

3 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Wait a minute - are SLU 72 and Broy the same poster now?

I do think B'roy and I share some old time values, if that's what you're implying. And, while I can't speak for B'roy, I happen to think Gordon scammed us and the city. 

8 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I do think B'roy and I share some old time values, if that's what you're implying. And, while I can't speak for B'roy, I happen to think Gordon scammed us and the city. 

I would say he is a baby and head case and has some growing up to do.   It was worth a try as he does have a high ceiling but glad hes gone now so we can move on with less drama.   I couldnt care less about him any longer.

I guess i took it somewhat easy because i had reservations about his approach when he first verballed.   I held out hope but honestly it didnt surprise me the way it played out.