Carte'Are Gordon Rumored to Transfer

johnbj14

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!  From UNC-Chapel Hill to DePaul.  That's either ironic or moronic.  I don't profess to know just how the NCAA works anymore, but is there any chance the NCAA grants this kid a waiver to play immediately at DePaul?  My initial shot is to say no way ---- if he enrolls this semester and still has the one-year sit out, that means he comes back next December and is a sophomore.  Then two full years at DePaul should he make it that far. 

I really don't see this kid ever making it back on a college court again.  But what do I know?

1 hour ago, slusam said:

It has to be a school who currently has a scholarship open now if he is going to transfer at the semester. I dont know if Missouri has one available.

Mizzou lost a player a few weeks ago 

In most cases when a Billiken transfers, we wish them well and hope they find what they're looking for in a new school. It's not that we don't wish the best for this kid at his future place of play, but neither do a lot of us respect his decision to drop SLU like a hot potato after one semester. Here was a highly touted recruit who said he wanted to play for his city and help create a situation where other local stars would follow his example to stay at home and play for their hometown. Where did that sentiment go? Or, was it just a bunch of self serving BS?  Was his situation at SLU so terrible he couldn't have honored his commitment for a full season? Did he resent his teammates so much that his situation at SLU become unbearable? I don't know, and it's really not my place to pass judgement on his reasons for leaving, but, in this case, it's hard to respect his decision.

Going forward, we'll likely be better off without his "me first attitude", and, as JGood said, if you don't want to be here, then go. Good riddance, Mr. Gordon. If your future destination is more to your liking, great. But I think I speak for a lot of Billiken fans when I say , frankly, Cart'are, we don't give a damn.

32 minutes ago, slu72 said:

In most cases when a Billiken transfers, we wish them well and hope they find what they're looking for in a new school. It's not that we don't wish the best for this kid at his future place of play, but neither do a lot of us respect his decision to drop SLU like a hot potato after one semester. Here was a highly touted recruit who said he wanted to play for his city and help create a situation where other local stars would follow his example to stay at home and play for their hometown. Where did that sentiment go? Or, was it just a bunch of self serving BS?  Was his situation at SLU so terrible he couldn't have honored his commitment for a full season? Did he resent his teammates so much that his situation at SLU become unbearable? I don't know, and it's really not my place to pass judgement on his reasons for leaving, but, in this case, it's hard to respect his decision.

Going forward, we'll likely be better off without his "me first attitude", and, as JGood said, if you don't want to be here, then go. Good riddance, Mr. Gordon. If your future destination is more to your liking, great. But I think I speak for a lot of Billiken fans when I say , frankly, Cart'are, we don't give a damn.

+1  Well said.

And just to add, players and coaches look out for themselves, and need to do so, but there is a right way and a wrong way. End of the season?  Yes.  Quitting on your teammates in the middle so of the season?  No.  Bess and Foreman have this, their only Senior season.  Replacing CG next year does not help them and this year.  Now, if CG were injured, if he missed home, if he had a family emergency, etc., then fine.   But leaving because his is tired and frustrated with staff following him and making him go to class?  Tired and frustrated with teammates who see, first hand, the effort he gives each day in practice, in games...  Tired and frustrated with teammates and coaches who demand that he change parts of his game and style of place for the betterment of the team?   all the while getting alot of opportunity and playing time?  And let's not forget the lack of any real honesty as to why he left.

Correct.  I don't give a damn about him either.   I believe what he apparently has done to his teammates, including other local talented players, and the coaching staff is shameful and points to continued selfish immaturity.  Good riddance.

CBFan and billiken_roy like this

20 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Saw on twitter that Gordon is a Lock for DePaul and will be able THIS season because they go by quarters and not semesters. Any truth to this?

Quarters or trimesters don't make a difference - the NCAA has a formula to equalize it out equal to semesters.  He may end up at DePaul but I would be shocked if he gets a waiver - no coaching change and the excuse that my team mates did not like me even after I may have been an ass should not wash.

On 1/14/2019 at 8:12 AM, slu72 said:

SLU72, this has the taste of sour grapes to me. Kids, and Gordon is a kid regardless of what he may think, do things like these. In this case it may well have been that the transition to a place like SLU was too much for him. There are any number of reasons for his transfer that do not involve a conscious attempt to cause harm to SLU in  any way. In reality he has to deal with himself, his life and his transition into what he wants to be, something that may prove difficult to do. I say this without the least intention of putting him down and wish him luck and good fortune.

As far as Team Blue goes, they may be better off without him. That is what Bess and a number of the  other players have said. So, I do not see why this loss is so devastating to any Billikens fan. Gordon is doing what he wants and needs to do and all the best to him. Team Blue is better off without him and all the best to the Bills.  No need to get upset here.

7 minutes ago, Old guy said:

SLU72, this has the taste of sour grapes to me. Kids, and Gordon is a kid regardless of what he may think, do things like these. In this case it may well have been that the transition to a place like SLU was too much for him. There are any number of reasons for his transfer that do not involve a conscious attempt to cause harm to SLU in  any way. In reality he has to deal with himself, his life and his transition into what he wants to be, something that may prove difficult to do. I say this without the least intention of putting him down and wish him luck and good fortune.

As far as Team Blue goes, they may be better off without him. That is what Bess and a number of the  other players have said. So, I do not see why this loss is so devastating to any Billikens fan. Gordon is doing what he wants to do and all the best to him. Team Blue is better off without him and all the best to the Bills.  No need to get upset here.

Think u missed my point. I have no problem with his leaving, but I don't have to respect it. Especially, since he made such a big deal about playing for his city. I don't wish him any ill will, but he's gone so I couldn't give a damn where he ends up or how he does. Just like I really don't care how any other D1 player does who's not a Billiken. 

Malik Yarbrough is a borderline criminal and he's managed to stick at Illinois State and become all-conference. Gordon doesn't have criminal tendencies. All he needs is a good shrink. Hope he gets the psychological support he needs wherever he goes. This could be one of those rare parting of ways that works for both sides.

brianstl likes this