Carte'Are Gordon Rumored to Transfer

johnbj14

I'm totally speculating here, but I think Gordon's inner circle got in his head that he should be SLU's version of Zion Williams, who will be a lottery pick, but Ford was hindering his progress. His frustration built up and he became a whiner. Certain guys told him to cool it, and he dealt with it by taking the easy way out, quit rather than grow a pair. 

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Clock_Tower said:

What?  Freshmen should prevail over 5th year Seniors?  Good local Sophomores prevail over good local Freshmen?

How about the team leadership (mostly Seniors) stepped in to tell the youngster how thing need to be done?  Did we not like this in the past when Jett and Evans took guys under their wings?  Is this not what we want for our program? 

Not buying an isolated personal issue between a talented young Frosh vs. and out-going, non-local 5th years Senior.  Most of the time, in such situations, teams divide with half supporting one and the other half supporting the other -- not the case here.  Also, if the social media report is true (and which sure appears to be easily verifiable), then Foreman, Isabell, Goodwin and Wiley sure seem to be the guys speaking for the team -- team leadership.

And is it not OK to support Goodwin (a talented local guy) over a different talented local guy (CG)?

Sorry.  Appears that CG has not grown up or made any improvement since leaving Vianney.  CG then went to Webster, had free reign and could nearly anything he wanted (and he did).  Now, he is being asked to be a teammate, to take responsibility again, to attend class, to give full effort.   Good riddance.  Doesn't sound like CG belongs on ANY college campus.  A 4 star recruit based on basketball potential is different than a 4 star complete player.  I trust in Coach Ford who has proven he can bring in top talent.  I will give up 8.9 points this season for better chemistry immediately.  Goodwin and French can carry this team (without CG getting in the way) for the rest of this year and until new talent arrives next Fall.  Goo Bills!!

Need JUCO and grad transfer bigs ASAP!

AGB91 likes this

On 1/6/2019 at 10:02 AM, slu72 said:

I'm totally speculating here, but I think Gordon's inner circle got in his head that he should be SLU's version of Zion Williams, who will be a lottery pick, but Ford was hindering his progress. His frustration built up and he became a whiner. Certain guys told him to cool it, and he dealt with it by taking the easy way out, quit rather than grow a pair. 

FWIW: Ran in to  friend this morning. He is NOT a Billiken basketball fan but knows that I am. He is well plugged in to the Webster Groves community including multiple sons that went to high school and remain in contact with Gordon family members. Unsolicited he shared with me that word on the street is that CG is considering transferring to either North Carolina or USC (Southern California). Like I said, FWIW.

He also mentioned that CG's former girlfriend that attends SLU was a bigger reason than some suspected in his decision to attend and their subsequent relationship ending made it easier to decide to leave.

north carolina?   doesnt seem like a fit there. roy williams isnt taking this on.      i could see usc.  they have that kind of rep.

14 minutes ago, pakapablo said:

He also mentioned that CG's former girlfriend that attends SLU was a bigger reason than some suspected in his decision to attend and their subsequent relationship ending made it easier to decide to leave.

I hate gossiping about a teenage relationship, but, they have broken up- gotten back together a ton since his senior year in hs. 

35 minutes ago, pakapablo said:

FWIW: Ran in to  friend this morning. He is NOT a Billiken basketball fan but knows that I am. He is well plugged in to the Webster Groves community including multiple sons that went to high school and remain in contact with Gordon family members. Unsolicited he shared with me that word on the street is that CG is considering transferring to either North Carolina or USC (Southern California). Like I said, FWIW.

Heard UNC as well. Been taking with them for a few weeks

14 minutes ago, pakapablo said:

Women, can't live with 'em and can't live without 'em. Last year we got done in by the fairer sex, and now we lose our prize recruit because of a woman.

I don't see UNC as a landing spot. USC?

VeniceMenace likes this

I believe that he's considering those destinations.

He'd be a role player at either place. UNC is UNC, and the talent upgrade at USC is in full swing, even if performance hasn't quite caught up yet.

I can't quite tell what he wants or what he expects. I hope the best for him. I just don't know that a higher-tier program is going to have the patience or willingness to devote resources for him that his hometown school did. UNC and USC are competing for the top recruits nationally and don't seem like they're in the market for high-maintenance transfers.

It had been my assumption from watching all of this Gordon stuff go down that his best option would be to try over seas. No big local school is likely to want that kind of head ache, no big school out of the area will need to take a risk on him. Now, maybe if he was unhappy with his decision to go to SLU in the first place then that could change at a new environment, but I didn't find it likely that he would move on to anything bigger than SLU at this point. Talent is there to do so. Just maybe not the head at times.  JUCO would also make some sense, SWIC just across the river has been a successful school for pushing players on to better schools, would keep him local.

24 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

If CAG ends up at North Carolina I will buy 10,600 beers at Chaifetz. 

Never happening 

hell now i am rooting for UNC!!

RIP HUMPS and RiseAndGrind like this

19 minutes ago, The House That Rick Built said:

It had been my assumption from watching all of this Gordon stuff go down that his best option would be to try over seas. No big local school is likely to want that kind of head ache, no big school out of the area will need to take a risk on him. Now, maybe if he was unhappy with his decision to go to SLU in the first place then that could change at a new environment, but I didn't find it likely that he would move on to anything bigger than SLU at this point. Talent is there to do so. Just maybe not the head at times.  JUCO would also make some sense, SWIC just across the river has been a successful school for pushing players on to better schools, would keep him local.

while swic is a juco and juco's have to take some problems, i can attest that jay harrington looks for the better guys to take on for character issue histories.   not saying swic wouldnt roll the dice on a gordon, but betting other jucos will be more "accomodating".   the wild card on all of this is that gordon has such a high ceiling.   everyone wants to hope it's all in the past and he is a changed man or that they have the staff to fix it.   while i would love this whole gordon thing to go away, it is quite the interesting story to follow as well.   im sure most of us will continue to stay tuned.    

27 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

while swic is a juco and juco's have to take some problems, i can attest that jay harrington looks for the better guys to take on for character issue histories.   not saying swic wouldnt roll the dice on a gordon, but betting other jucos will be more "accomodating".   the wild card on all of this is that gordon has such a high ceiling.   everyone wants to hope it's all in the past and he is a changed man or that they have the staff to fix it.   while i would love this whole gordon thing to go away, it is quite the interesting story to follow as well.   im sure most of us will continue to stay tuned.    

SWIC was just one of the names I think he would actually be lured to in terms of JUCOs in the area. Certainly I have heard the same thing about Harrington. I feel like looking at it in terms of school, his best option is probably JUCO no matter where it is. Now if he is done with going to school, then that is another conversation altogether.