Carte'Are Gordon Rumored to Transfer

johnbj14

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a hunch Isabell and the other guys will go off tomorrow. You have to believe that there were a lot of bad locker room vibes that were hampering the team chemistry. Hopefully this is the correction we’ve been waiting for. 

The team played some of the most disciplined basketball we’ve seen all season in the last game, a game in which Gordon had limited minutes and Hankton was seeing the floor a lot.

EssEllYou likes this

14 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

I wonder how much of a beef there was, if any, between Gordon and Isabell and how much that affected Isabell’s game/attitude?

I don't have any direct sources but word 'round the campfire is that those 2 got into a scrap and Gordon destroyed the locker room.

I'm sure someone on here can shed more light.

Spoon-Balls likes this

The SLU program is launching a top 100 recruit 12 games into his freshman season. That speaks volumes as to what a cancer he was.

A level of recruit SLU has recruited maybe twice in the past 20 years and they just wave bye bye. 

SLU_Nick likes this

5 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

I don't have any direct sources but word 'round the campfire is that those 2 got into a scrap and Gordon destroyed the locker room.

IIRC we had a Drexel fan come by the board and explained that Isabell has very little patience for someone he perceives as not putting forth maximum effort 

12 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Destroyed the locker room as in knocking over trash cans and lockers or destroyed the locker room as in divided the team?

28 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Destroyed the locker room as in knocking over trash cans and lockers or destroyed the locker room as in divided the team?

I wasn't there, just repeating verbatim what I heard. I'm assuming the literal use of "destroyed the locker room" as in property damage and creating a mess rather than the figurative divided locker room interpretation. 

37 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

The SLU program is launching a top 100 recruit 12 games into his freshman season. That speaks volumes as to what a cancer he was.

A level of recruit SLU has recruited maybe twice in the past 20 years and they just wave bye bye. 

So you're saying Gordon didn't ask for his release...the SLU program gave him the boot, huh?

48 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Have a hunch Isabell and the other guys will go off tomorrow. You have to believe that there were a lot of bad locker room vibes that were hampering the team chemistry. Hopefully this is the correction we’ve been waiting for. 

The team played some of the most disciplined basketball we’ve seen all season in the last game, a game in which Gordon had limited minutes and Hankton was seeing the floor a lot.

I have no idea of what Gordon was like on the practice floor but to my eye he was a good teammate during games. 

almaman likes this

39 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I agree.  There's definitely more to the story.  But taking what we do know I just find it funny how some of the same people that defended and wanted to sweep Gordon's past transgressions under a rug are now attacking him now that he isn't dribbling a ball for the program anymore.  Ford knew what he was getting into and went to great lengths to make sure Gordon suited up for the Billikens.  It didn't work.  Gordon isn't the only "bad guy" in this situation.

3 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

I agree.  There's definitely more to the story.  But taking what we do know I just find it funny how some of the same people that defended and wanted to sweep Gordon's past transgressions under a rug are now attacking him now that he isn't dribbling a ball for the program anymore.  Ford knew what he was getting into and went to great lengths to make sure Gordon suited up for the Billikens.  It didn't work.  Gordon isn't the only "bad guy" in this situation.

So who is a bad guy? What did Ford SLU do that was bad? Legitimate question. 

1 minute ago, Coach314 said:

C’mon man take your hyperbole somewhere else. There’s one person on this board “attacking” him and even then I wouldn’t use the term attacking. There are people here who understand that, consistent with SLU’s mission as men and women for others, everyone deserves a chance to change and grow. However when a person wastes that opportunity I think it’s appropriate for those who supported them to feel let down and  unfortunately that can manifest itself into what you described as attacking. 

11 minutes ago, willie said:

So who is a bad guy? What did Ford SLU do that was bad? Legitimate question. 

I will just say there was plenty of red flags that warranted the staff cutting ties with Gordon before he signed.  He had several situations going on his Senior year that were being monitored by the SLU coaching staff.  

23 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

C’mon man take your hyperbole somewhere else. There’s one person on this board “attacking” him and even then I wouldn’t use the term attacking. There are people here who understand that, consistent with SLU’s mission as men and women for others, everyone deserves a chance to change and grow. However when a person wastes that opportunity I think it’s appropriate for those who supported them to feel let down and  unfortunately that can manifest itself into what you described as attacking. 

I understand your point of view.  I understand being let down by his actions at SLU...I wanted it to work out for him at SLU also.

1 hour ago, Coach314 said:

Maybe there are no bad guys in the story and it just didn’t work out.