Carte'Are Gordon Rumored to Transfer

johnbj14

1 minute ago, JMM28 said:

I agree mostly. The problem is a guy like that can obviously be a huge detriment to the team culture. There is risk taking him on and letting a “redshirt” guy, who isn’t contributing this year, derail the conference season. 

I just can’t see him going anywhere at this point. If he has to be walked to class at SLU, the thought of him cutting it as a sitout for a year at a place like ND is laughable. 

His smart bet is to explore what opportunities exist at a pro level. Although from the stories from SLU and high school we’ve heard, he could probably start an international incident if he goes to the wrong country. And as others have said, I don’t imagine it would be easy for any 19 year old, let alone this one, to go overseas and be mature enough to handle business. 

For all the talk about him struggling to go to class, supposedly his grades were actually good.  

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, slu72 said:

G League may be the best landing spot for him.   If he's got Willie's attitude towards classwork, why should he return to school?

he fits lavar balls league a little better

1 hour ago, almaman said:

When folks speak of people around him who are they?  Frank started show Thursday by saying C.G. hasn’t had family showing at any game kid was in since he’s known him at 12. That is rough. 

I’m guessing it’s his “advisors” or “mentors.”  Lots of kids in his situation have hangers on like them that basically try to get money off the kid’s talent.  

It’s peculiar that he mentioned leaving to take care of his family, but there doesn’t seem to be much immediate family involved in his life.

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

I don't see this happening, but this is the first mention of Gordon and a possible landing spot that just wasn't some random guy.

LLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL imagine him at Notre Dame

2 hours ago, almaman said:

When folks speak of people around him who are they?  Frank started show Thursday by saying C.G. hasn’t had family showing at any game kid was in since he’s known him at 12. That is rough. 

🤦‍♂️ that's not true.  Can we just wish the kid well wherever his next stop is and just move on

brianstl, SLU_Lax and cheeseman like this

As he is a 19yo young man with a long life ahead of him, I hope he figures out who he is, what he wants, and goes and gets it. 

with that said, there exists no honor in walking out on your teammates. Abandoning those who battled with you, and those who had your back. 

Done with this. Next up. 

Zink likes this

41 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

🤦‍♂️ that's not true.  Can we just wish the kid well wherever his next stop is and just move on

So Frank was wrong? He claims he's known the kid since he was 12. Moving on from this will be a slow process we all wish him well but until we know everything there will be a thirst for info.

59 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Respectfully coach most of us have done that but hardcore Billiken fans like myself would just like some clarification on what happened.

It saddens me that according to BenFreds article that no one on the team wished Gordon well in social media.

Happy New Year coach.

4 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

I just can’t see Gordon going through the grind of practice and school anywhere for a year without playing ball.  

This was literally the first thing that popped into my head. Just don't see it happening.

As others have said, it really does feel like a weight has been lifted oddly enough. Glad this whole saga is over. No doubt in my mind team chemistry gets a boost, we play inspired ball during conference play, and compete for a spot in the Big Dance.

Excited to see what Ford and Co. do over the next 6 months with filling in next year's squad...

18 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Respectfully coach most of us have done that but hardcore Billiken fans like myself would just like some clarification on what happened.

It saddens me that according to BenFreds article that no one on the team wished Gordon well in social media.

Happy New Year coach.

I can't remember but did anyone on the team wish any of the S2 players or Santos well upon their departure? 

8 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I can't remember but did anyone on the team wish any of the S2 players or Santos well upon their departure? 

I dunno but even if they liked those guys, which I suspect they did, they would probably choose to wish them well privately rather than do it via social media and have to deal with the #metoo mafia complaining that they are wishing rapists well.

39 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I dunno but even if they liked those guys, which I suspect they did, they would probably choose to wish them well privately rather than do it via social media and have to deal with the #metoo mafia complaining that they are wishing rapists well.

They have since included the players who left in birthday wishes or lil bro posts on Instagram. I can't specifically recall any directly including Santos but I know Bishop was for sure.

5 hours ago, White Pelican said:

Agreed. Long overdue for him to put on those big boy pants and get his sh!t together.

Funny how it takes 24 hours and everyone else says the same sh** i do and Ben Fred copies it with slightly better words. Everyone on this board who switched ships overnight after attacking me can get a life 

2 hours ago, NextYearBill said:

LLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL imagine him at Notre Dame

I actually don't think the academics would be the issue at a school like Duke/ND/Stanford etc.   They weren't the issue at SLU either.

These programs all have isolated and well defined programs for athletes who struggle in the classroom and give them every resource/opportunity to succeed.  They are essentially placed in a bubble that minimizes their risk in the classroom to a maximum degree.  Gordon's issue will always be his attitude - no matter the level of academics he is challenged with at his next school.

2 hours ago, almaman said:

So Frank was wrong? He claims he's known the kid since he was 12. Moving on from this will be a slow process we all wish him well but until we know everything there will be a thirst for info.

It was indeed very rare for family to show up to his games over the years but I have seen his family a few times.  

Gordon has always been tough to handle.  He has obviously had success in his young basketball career doing it his way....but he has burned bridges along the way.  He has NBA dreams but he also has a problem with authority and to many enablers willing to give him chances because of his talent.  SLU took a chance.  Coaches and players were growing weary of him. 

I talked to him briefly at a game right before he signed...he seemed like he was changing for the better.  Hope he wakes up before the chances run out. 

2 hours ago, CBFan said:

Happy New Year coach.

Happy New Year.  And I understand.  The story did come out of nowhere of him transferring 

2 hours ago, CBFan said:

Dont. Its social media. considering 5 or 6 players were hanging out with him just before this happens, im sure they texted him or something like that

One point must be made about family. There is the biological family, the one we all know about. In some circumstances, particularly when the family cannot attend regularly for any number of reasons, there may be a group of friends that attend the games and play the role of a substitute family.

3 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

You’re blatantly making sh!!t up. 

Him being allowed to continue to post here is a joke. 

Maybe the concern is he will just make another account and be back...?  But with his posting style it will be pretty obvious that it is him. 

9 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

You’re blatantly making sh!!t up. 

Everything I said was echoed in Ben Fred’s piece. You are all so far removed from the program. I still have my connections in athletics and I kept most of the stuff he did on the down low all season. The kid is trash and the main reason we had chemistry issues. 05 thinks all season it was Isabell and Goodwin but it was the team vs Gordon. If you’re wondering why we had passing problems in the paint to him that’s why. 

If you wanna count how many MAJOR problems he had look at all the times he randomly didn’t start and multiply it by about 3. 

6 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Everything I said was echoed in Ben Fred’s piece. You are all so far removed from the program. I still have my connections in athletics and I kept most of the stuff he did on the down low all season. The kid is trash and the main reason we had chemistry issues. 05 thinks all season it was Isabell and Goodwin but it was the team vs Gordon. If you’re wondering why we had passing problems in the paint to him that’s why. 

If you wanna count how many MAJOR problems he had look at all the times he randomly didn’t start and multiply it by about 3. 

You’re calling a human being who’s been through the kind of things most of us will only see on The Wire, trash. And doing it anonymously hiding behind a username on an internet message board like a little b!tch. Please leave this board, leave now.

Zink and brianstl like this