Carte'Are Gordon Rumored to Transfer

johnbj14

42 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

pure shot yes.  strength no.    he was pushed around like a grade schooler the other day.   and he doesnt have the handle and quickness to play on the wing.   the strength can be fixed with extended time in the weight room to possibly be an option underneath in the future.  the speed and quickness is god given.   but he indeed can shoot.  

imo he isnt a player at this level.   there was a reason he was still available as late as he was.   the good looking shot and free throws are intoxicating, especially considering the rest of the teams lack of such.   but there is no denying what he is beyond that.  

Fair explanations. Maybe you have seen more of him than me, but I would like to see more of his game before I judge whether his speed and quickness is sufficient at this level. We all can see that he needs more muscle to compete down low at this level. 

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, davidnark said:

Fair explanations. Maybe you have seen more of him than me, but I would like to see more of his game before I judge whether his speed and quickness is sufficient at this level. We all can see that he needs more muscle to compete down low at this level. 

to be fair, the day that soderberg started luke meyer when he had not for all practically played at all, i was like, "what the hell is this?"   and there is no denying that luke was very suitable to play. 

or how about spoon telling highmark, he cant play defense with a darn, but as long as he outscores his opponent he will play.   

so who knows.   maybe hankton gets his chance and is able to make his talents over shine his shortcomings.  

3 minutes ago, davidnark said:

Re: his speed/quickness, I thought Hankton was very good Sunday with his on-the-ball defending against smaller guys. 

Adman likes this

I actually think SLU can benefit with Gordon leaving.  Chemistry is important, plus I think an early favorable schedule in the A-10 could work in SLU's favor.  They can build confidence and emphasize more spacing.  Of course, that means Isabell will be a key and will definitely have to step up his game.  Also, Thatch looks like one who could grow into a good one.

TaLBErt likes this

I like Hankton's potential.

One could write a list a mile long of freshmen that this board (or at least one poster*) has written off and turned out to be a good player. Heck, Miles Reynolds is currently the third leading scorer on the #23 team in the nation.

* I am not talking about any specific poster here

1 hour ago, moytoy12 said:

Re: his speed/quickness, I thought Hankton was very good Sunday with his on-the-ball defending against smaller guys. 

I was watching him closely on this and was surprised how well he defended on-ball. Not sure the relative quickness of the guys he was defending, and the sample size was somewhat small.

No doubt couldn't handle physicality down low or win rebounding battles. But he looked good on-the-ball.

28 minutes ago, TRN said:

In the longer 8 min video when he said something about having a great practice this morning, the way he said it along with how he talked about Gordon leaving makes me seem that he is disappointed but relieved he is gone at the same time from his expressions. Seems like chemistry at practice is better 

26 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

In the longer 8 min video when he said something about having a great practice this morning, the way he said it along with how he talked about Gordon leaving makes me seem that he is disappointed but relieved he is gone at the same time from his expressions. Seems like chemistry at practice is better 

In Durando’s Periscope, I thought fords reaction to, “how did the team react?” Was interesting.  (Tries to hold back a smile) 

seems the team had some non standard reaction

I don’t see his next stop as his last.

So how will this work?

Gordon enrolls at a new school and is eligible 2nd semester 2020.

End of 2nd semester 2020 he will decide to transfer again.

Enrolls in new school.

So he sits out Fall 2020 and spring 2021.

Suits up for 3rd school Fall 2021.

Will he be eligible to transfer again or will 3 be his limit?

16 minutes ago, dlarry said:

So how will this work?

Enrolls in new school.

G League.

18 minutes ago, dlarry said:

So how will this work?

Enrolls in new school.

Is Gordon the next Cameron Biedscheid?

5 hours ago, aj_arete said:

I actually think SLU can benefit with Gordon leaving.  Chemistry is important, plus I think an early favorable schedule in the A-10 could work in SLU's favor.  They can build confidence and emphasize more spacing.  Of course, that means Isabell will be a key and will definitely have to step up his game.  Also, Thatch looks like one who could grow into a good one.

Agreed. I think we all should take a step back and breathe. It definitely sucks losing the potential of CG's future and what could've been. However, I think team chemistry is way more important than a lot of people realize.

CG leaving can actually benefit both parties. If the hearsay about altercations with teammates and missed practices are true, then CG departure will not be a detriment to this team. If true, it seems like irreparable damage was done and he was not entirely interested in changing. Anyone who's been a part of a team probably realizes that removing a problematic member of the team usually creates a much more productive and focused environment, regardless of the importance of the detractor's role. The chemistry has been notably out of sorts compared to last year, and I would not be surprised if the team uses this moment as a rallying point and we see the same energy we saw toward the end of last season coming into conference play. This team does have great leaders with Ford, Bess, and Goodwin after all.

As for CG, it appears the rumors have it that there are some bad influences in his ear in STL. He's young and impressionable and I believe it's possible that getting out of this city and into an environment where it's sink or swim and these influences are not readily available may be character-building for him. Wishing him nothing but the best.

Next man up. Let's Go Bills!!

TheOne and CBFan like this

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Or Kalen Grimes. 

Interesting thing about Grimes is that while he was kicked off of the basketball team he stayed on as a student and got his degree. I heard he is working in Atlanta maybe, so hopefully Gordon has a similar transformation.

*I know nothing about either, so no idea how similar their situations are