Carte'Are Gordon Rumored to Transfer

johnbj14

8 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

It makes it harder to recruit certain rough around the edges dudes, sure. Your typical recruit with a stronger support system, not so much. The Gordon saga could have been avoided but we all were begging for SLU to sign him. The MeToo witch-hunt that took out our other major contributors - kids know what the deal is there. That's bigger than SLU.

I don't see any local kids on the 2020 and 2021 offer lists with Gordon-type issues. Maybe Coach is already reducing the level of risk he is willing to take.

Good take.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

I'm still holding out hope that Justyn Mutts transfers to SLU.

Hold on to your dreams box my dream is Kofi Cockburn.

rgbilliken and Box and Won like this

I suggest that we are all standing (including the expensive seat folks) and being very loud for each player introduction on Sunday.  Let's show the current guys how much we appreciate that they are here, that they are loyal and committed, that they have put up with everything they've put up with (including CG this season) these last two years, and that we want them to be warriors in conference play and earn that prize that they've worked so hard for, the Tournament.  Be loud Billiken fans!!!

drkelsey55, SShoe and David King like this

1 minute ago, cgeldmacher said:

I suggest that we are all standing (including the expensive seat folks) and being very loud for each player introduction on Sunday.  Let's show the current guys how much we appreciate that they are here, that they are loyal and committed, that they have put up with everything they've put up with including CG these last two years, and that we want them to be warriors in conference play and earn that prize that they've worked so hard for, the Tournament.  Be loud Billiken fans!!!

2 years?

1 hour ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Time for DJ Foreman to get more wild drives to the basket 😁

This is the worst part of it for me. 

But it’s also really awful that we lost a freshman who was arguably one of the most talented we’ve had since the Legend in terms of raw ability. 

This is one has hurt me. Almost two years of speculation as to whether he would actually play for us, then he gets to campus, I breathe a small sigh of relief, and he’s gone in 12 games. 

2 hours ago, slu72 said:

We got big time minutes on the inside. Hargrove likely becomes an immediate starter at the 4. Isn't he 6'8"?

TJ is listed at 6'7, but standing next to him last week I would argue he is probably closer to 6'5. He could play a 4 on offense, but doesnt have the size yet to guard college 4s. I would guess he will try to fill in for Bess absence on both sides as much as possible. 

Anyone know who the recruit was at last Sunday's game that sat in the corner behind the bench? He was 6'7-6'8 with good size.

1 minute ago, IllSideBills said:

TJ is listed at 6'7, but standing next to him last week I would argue he is probably closer to 6'5. He could play a 4 on offense, but doesnt have the size yet to guard college 4s. I would guess he will try to fill in for Bess absence on both sides as much as possible. 

Anyone know who the recruit was at last Sunday's game that sat in the corner behind the bench? He was 6'7-6'8 with good size.

I believe someone said it was Davion Bradford from Mehlville. 

IllSideBills likes this

8 minutes ago, IllSideBills said:

It's easy to forget about Javonte Perkins who is 6'7

7 minutes ago, IllSideBills said:

Agree on the Hargrove height, definitely shorter than 6'7". But, the guy behind the bench, Bradford, was definitely taller than 6'8".

6 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

This is the worst part of it for me. 

But it’s also really awful that we lost a freshman who was arguably one of the most talented we’ve had since the Legend in terms of raw ability. 

This is one has hurt me. Almost two years of speculation as to whether he would actually play for us, then he gets to campus, I breathe a small sigh of relief, and he’s gone in 12 games. 

DJ's drives to the hoop last year were awesome. I don't know why he's struggled this season.

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

It's easy to forget about Javonte Perkins.

Yeah, I really am hoping this transfer causes Ford to change things up and play more of a pace and space dribble-drive offense. Hargrove and Perkins both strike me as hybrid wing-forwards who would thrive in that kind of system. 

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

DJ's drives to the hoop last year were awesome. I don't know why he's struggled this season.

It’s honestly just him dribbling one more time. If he dribbles once or less, he’s amazing. He can finish and cut very well. What he can’t do at all is dribble. 

Just now, Zink said:

It’s honestly just him dribbling one more time. If he dribbles once or less, he’s amazing. He can finish and cut very well. What he can’t do at all is dribble. 

Disagree. He can get to the hole but his finishing has been terrible. You described last year. 

5 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

If there were legitimate fights with CG and teammates and SLU goes off on RI without CG, would anyone think players make comments about CG in post game? I would hope not 

My guess is that there will be no more mention of him.  Kind of like nothing was said about Santos by his former teammates after he left.

10 minutes ago, willie said:

. You described last year. 

You both are. Now the real D J shows up in 2019.  That jr year shooting % record shows he can do it. Seems like he did better during conference than before last year. Here's hoping because we need him.

10 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

It's easy to forget about Javonte Perkins who is 6'7

I agree he will add needed length for rebounding. Guarding the post is my issue. I like Hankton but not at where he was being forced to play Sunday. He was getting thrown around trying to box out. Will Ford be forced to move Bess off of opposing team's scorer to guard a big when Foreman and French are on bench? 

This will be an even bigger issue for next year. Teams will be trying to get French in foul trouble from the tip with our other 6'7 players more shooters than size. I liked the change of Ford made Sunday by speeding up the offense without much CG, but relying on one big for defense can only get you so far at this level. Trying not to panic but we have to get a GT or late recruit for next season. 

13 minutes ago, willie said:

Disagree. He can get to the hole but his finishing has been terrible. You described last year. 

Sorry, I was saying that when he dribbles >1 time he struggles. He’s doing that more often this year than last, which is why his shooting percentage has plummeted. This is in part due to him being a terrible dribbler, but then also affects his finishing because additional dribbles means more time for defenders to rotate and help. He needs to be quick and decisive. He hasn’t all of a sudden become worse at finishing. He’s become worse at doing the things that allow him to score efficiently