Carte'Are Gordon Rumored to Transfer

johnbj14

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

Well, there we go.  I am ready for more KC Hankton. Maybe he can stretch the defense some. We need players that want to play here and be with the program. Hopefully from here on out recruits are vetted better.

I wish board members were vetted better.

If Gordon transfers to another school I assume he won’t be given the same waiver as Mark Smith. That being said, Gordon sitting out a year anywhere (Michigan state, Kansas, Louisville) would terrify any coach who has a phone call with Ford. Maybe Cuanzo can relate to him more being from East St. Louis, but it seems like he might not want to deal with him either 

4 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

If Gordon transfers to another school I assume he won’t be given the same waiver as Mark Smith. That being said, Gordon sitting out a year anywhere (Michigan state, Kansas, Louisville) would terrify any coach who has a phone call with Ford. Maybe Cuanzo can relate to him more being from East St. Louis, but it seems like he might not want to deal with him either 

Isn't Gordon from Webster? 

7 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

I think he will get a waiver. I don’t think Travis would want to deal with the backlash.

47 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

If you think this is square one, you weren't around for the Crews years. Let's go fuoking win a conference title for Javon Bess. I want that man to get a shot at the tourney so bad. 

hes has a final four ring... hes fine

2 minutes ago, JettFlight5 said:

I think he will get a waiver. I don’t think Travis would want to deal with the backlash.

I think there is a chance Gordon ends up somewhere out west. Not like just west of SLU in Columbia or Manhattan, but in the Pac 12 or WCC.

dlarry likes this

12 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

He won't be playing next week at a new school. He would sit this upcoming semester for sure. 

If he got a waiver for first semester next season, that's no big deal - 12 plus or minus games.  Transfers are eligible once first semester ends, without a waiver.

While I know I may be called all kinds of things for this message, I wish to send Carte'are my final thoughts before moving on: 

I think I understand what your life has been like and want to tell you this. I know it is hard to move away from what you have been to what you can be and wish to be. I know you tried and did not succeed at SLU. I wish you all the best in your future and hope you achieve that elusive goal you  have in mind. I will pray for you tonight.

CenHudDude likes this

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I think there is a chance Gordon ends up somewhere out west. Not like just west of SLU in Columbia or Manhattan, but in the Pac 12 or WCC.

This would be his best bet.

He needs to get as far away from St. Louis and his advisors as possible.

maybe he can latch on with U of Hawaii or Carleton University. 

Too bad it did not work out I wish the young man well and hope he can get his anger issues resolved so he can have fun knowing all kinds of different people life is too short to be mad and angry.

Mr. Gordon was high risk high reward if it had worked he would have been something to watch when he fully developed as a person and a player.  I am still pitbull / towel happy that he gave SLU a chance.  I read one post about vetting what a joke the fans were excited about his signing and would have been upset if we did not offer because of his past problems.

I think the JUCO route with counseling should be his next step unless his grades are really good then go to another University far far away from St. Louis.

Rhode Island is up next it’s time to rally around our team and cheer them on to a A10 championship.   Anyone interested in a tailgate or get together at the field house?

6 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Too bad it did not work out I wish the young man well and hope he can get his anger issues resolved so he can have fun knowing all kinds of different people life is too short to be mad and angry.

Mr. Gordon was high risk high reward if it had worked he would have been something to watch when he fully developed as a person and a player.  I am still pitbull / towel happy that he gave SLU a chance.  I read one post about vetting what a joke the fans were excited about his signing and would have been upset if we did not offer because of his past problems.

I think the JUCO route with counseling should be his next step unless his grades are really good then go to another University far far away from St. Louis.

Rhode Island is up next it’s time to rally around our team and cheer them on to a A10 championship.   Anyone interested in a tailgate or get together at the field house?

not sure but i think he can play immediately at a juco.  

1 hour ago, GoBills73 said:

Brian I like your posts and respect you. I will say also that after S2 you also said recruiting would be in the shi**er and that has not happened. I trust Ford as he has proven to be a recruiting master to fill the void next year. Go Bills and let's get Jibotoh

Your kind and respectful tone has no place on this board, sir. 😆

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

I think this makes it harder to recruit.  At some point recruits start asking themselves what the hell is going on at SLU.  Six players that were going to be counted on to give you minutes have either transferred or been booted out of the program in less than a year.  It is not a good look.

It makes it harder to recruit certain rough around the edges dudes, sure. Your typical recruit with a stronger support system, not so much. The Gordon saga could have been avoided but we all were begging for SLU to sign him. The MeToo witch-hunt that took out our other major contributors - kids know what the deal is there. That's bigger than SLU.

I don't see any local kids on the 2020 and 2021 offer lists with Gordon-type issues. Maybe Coach is already reducing the level of risk he is willing to take.

1 minute ago, 3star_recruit said:

It makes it harder to recruit certain rough around the edges dudes, sure. Your typical recruit with a stronger support system, not so much. The Gordon saga could have been avoided but we all were begging for SLU to sign him. The MeToo witch-hunt that took out our other major contributors - kids know what the deal is there. That's bigger than SLU.

I don't see any local kids on the 2020 and 2021 offer lists with Gordon-type issues. Maybe Coach is already reducing the level of risk he is willing to take.

Who would be your top target out of those classes?