Carte'Are Gordon Rumored to Transfer

johnbj14

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

silver lining. 

Gordon was probably going to bounce after this season regardless of family issues, pro ball, trouble, commitment.   Now we can get KC and a few others more minutes to develop faster.  Everyone knows next year was our Final Four team.

I think this makes it harder to recruit.  At some point recruits start asking themselves what the hell is going on at SLU.  Six players that were going to be counted on to give you minutes have either transferred or been booted out of the program in less than a year.  It is not a good look.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, davidnark said:

If there were a locker room fight that forced the staff to discipline one or more players and resulted in a terrible performance by the team that day, I would consider that a bad result. 

SIU or FSU Game???

17 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

Well, there we go.  I am ready for more KC Hankton. Maybe he can stretch the defense some. We need players that want to play here and be with the program. Hopefully from here on out recruits are vetted better.

AMEN to that!!!

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I think this makes it harder to recruit.  At some point recruits start asking themselves what the hell is going on at SLU.  Six players that were going to be counted on to give you minutes have either transferred or been booted out of the program in less than a year.  It is not a good look.

I don’t think the booted out of school thing matters much. That is easily spun onto the individuals. Now a mass exodus of transfers would be a problem.

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I agree with this. The public perception can't be good. 

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Brian I like your posts and respect you. I will say also that after S2 you also said recruiting would be in the shi**er and that has not happened. I trust Ford as he has proven to be a recruiting master to fill the void next year. Go Bills and let's get Jibotoh

CBFan and almaman like this

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

hopefully in the here and now, ford uses the likes of goodwin (who's been through it) and bess (who is the definition of a leader) to sell recruits that will come in for visits.   if bess cant sell them, they dont need to be billikens.

4 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-what, if any, restrictions does the ADept put on his release?

i'd make him sit out the year and not waive that requirement.  

7 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Exactly the opposite.  Ford can go back to selling a kid on immediate playing time.

13 minutes ago, slu06 said:

A game that Isabelle sat out the first half... (he doesn't strike me as a guy who would take sh*t from anyone).

I second excitement for seeing more Hankton.  Saw his release up close at the App St. game - real quick release.

His shot looked good, but he better learn how to box out soon or the second chance points he gives up will outweigh the points he scores.

1 minute ago, GoBills73 said:

Brian I like your posts and respect you. I will say also that after S2 you also said recruiting would be in the shi**er and that has not happened. I trust Ford as he has proven to be a recruiting master to fill the void next year. Go Bills and let's get Jibotoh

I hope you are right.  Ford shocked me with how well he rebounded from S2.  He is unparalleled when it comes to recruiting talent to SLU.  I was wrong about SLU's standing with recruits after S2 and I hope I am wrong again.

JohnnyJumpUp and CBFan like this

5 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Our worst performance was FSU. Gordon did not start. 

I say otherwise, you can cross check this though many sources claim this. 

Find these stats are abnormal:

Pitt game

https://basketball.realgm.com/player/CarteAre-Gordon/GameLogs/81687

https://basketball.realgm.com/player/Tramaine-Isabell/GameLogs/81038

12 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

If you think this is square one, you weren't around for the Crews years. Let's go fuoking win a conference title for Javon Bess. I want that man to get a shot at the tourney so bad. 

This should MBM main goal for rest of the season. Get Bess to the dance.