Carte'Are Gordon Rumored to Transfer

johnbj14

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard of multiple physical fights that Gordon started with teammates this year, including one that may have directly resulted in a bad result on the court. 

I think it is time to move on from Gordon. 

5 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

We need to hire Bess as a coach after this year

I think he is going to get looks professionally, but if he wants to coach here one day, I would love it. Every game I am more impressed by how he grows his game. 

21 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

he needs a tough mentor?   the apparent straw that broke the back, bess telling him it was time to shape up, was the definition of what could have been the mentor you speak of.  javon bess might be the best team leader the billikens have ever had in my 40+ years of fandom.  who better to fit that role?   yet gordon walked away with his feelings hurt?   

This

He’s had plenty of “mentors” in his life. Apparently he hasn’t listened to any of them. 

Unfortunately, I think what might be best for Gordon is for him to get away from all his “mentors” and out of St.Louis. 

Playing a few seasons in Uruguay would help him grow up. Have him play on concrete courts surrounded by metal fencing and 5 hour bus rides to games.

Maybe then he will realize what he had here and grow up.

I still hope he can figure it out with Ford and his teammates.

I hope he goes onto have a great career here and professionally.

If it can’t be worked out here switching schools isn’t going to help Gordon. He has done that multiple times and gotten the same results. If he can’t figure it out here he needs a culture shock to wake him up.

5 minutes ago, davidnark said:

I have heard of multiple physical fights that Gordon started with teammates this year, including one that may have directly resulted in a bad result on the court. 

Just curious, what do you mean by bad result on the court? 

5 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Just curious, what do you mean by bad result on the court? 

If there were a locker room fight that forced the staff to discipline one or more players and resulted in a terrible performance by the team that day, I would consider that a bad result. 

4 minutes ago, davidnark said:

If there were a locker room fight that forced the staff to discipline one or more players and resulted in a terrible performance by the team that day, I would consider that a bad result. 

Gut’s telling me Pitt, but I don’t want you to have to reveal any more. 

4 minutes ago, davidnark said:

Got it.  Thanks for the clarification.  

Now that Gordon has decided to transfer, he will get trashed on here and it looks like some in the program will trash him, too.  That is fine.  He is no angel and from what I heard at least one of the fight stories is true.  Just remember you are getting spun.  It is being made to look like he is getting kicked off the team, when the whole way this went down makes it clear that it was Gordon's decision.  If he was getting kicked off the team or some kind of ultimatum was thrown down on him before the this broke yesterday, none of this would have happened like it did.  If he was thrown off the team it would have gone down like Santos did.  If he was given an ultimatum he would have been thrown off the team after his tweet yesterday morning.  We would have been told Gordon was gone officially before he ever tweeted this morning.

The rest is just spin trying to make SLU looks as good as possible.  It has similarities to the Mickey Pearson situation.  When we were spun that it was because he needed to be closer to his sick grandma and then he ends up further away from that grandma than SLU.

7 minutes ago, GBL_Bills said:

Gut’s telling me Pitt, but I don’t want you to have to reveal any more. 

A game that Isabelle sat out the first half... (he doesn't strike me as a guy who would take sh*t from anyone).

I second excitement for seeing more Hankton.  Saw his release up close at the App St. game - real quick release.

25 minutes ago, davidnark said:

I have no knowledge of what goes on at practice but in games he appears to be a good teammate. A couple of times I wish he would take the shot or make a move and he made the extra pass. On court body language I thought was good. 

silver lining. 

Gordon was probably going to bounce after this season regardless due to family issues, pro ball, trouble, commitment.   Now we can get KC and a few others more minutes to develop faster.  Everyone knows next year was our Final Four team.

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Now that Gordon has decided to transfer, he will get trashed on here and it looks like some in the program will trash him, too.  That is fine.  He is no angel and from what I heard at least one of the fight stories is true.  Just remember you are getting spun.  It is being made to look like he is getting kicked off the team, when the whole way this went down makes it clear that it was Gordon's decision.  If he was getting kicked off the team or some kind of ultimatum was thrown down on him before the this broke yesterday, none of this would have happened like it did.  If he was thrown off the team it would have gone down like Santos did.  If he was given an ultimatum he would have been thrown off the team after his tweet yesterday morning.  We would have been told Gordon was gone officially before he ever tweeted this morning.

The rest is just spin trying to make SLU looks as good as possible.  It has similarities to the Mickey Pearson situation.  When we were spun that it was because he needed to be closer to his sick grandma and then he ends up further away from that grandma than SLU.

You keep attributing this stuff to “the program” but you don’t have any indication or facts to back it up. 

I don’t think anyone is saying he was kicked off. At most, i think people are suggesting that it was either “you’re in or you’re out” and he chose to be out.

So long CAG. We hardly knew you. 

billiken_roy likes this