Carte'Are Gordon Rumored to Transfer

johnbj14

Mr. Gordon is not gone yet, no confirmation with SLU or Mr. Gordon.

Never give up on the kid, his family and the coach to resolve this for what is best for the young man and that still could be SLU.

Until confirmation I will be excited to see him and the rest of the team get after Rhode Island for our 1st conference win.

Zink and drkelsey55 like this

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Never give up on the kid, his family and the coach to resolve this for what is best for the young man and that still could be SLU.

Until confirmation I will be excited to see him and the rest of the team get after Rhode Island for our 1st conference win.

Can I get some of  that extended release extra long lasting CBfan kool aid?

Individual Results may vary. 

4 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I think you’re being a bit too optimistic. I’m somewhere in between. 

1.) he is still listed on the SLU roster

2.) he deleted his last tweet it appears.  The one about lies and rumors. Not the one that said bye St. Louis. 

3.) he hasn’t officially announced his intention to transfer on any platform, as far as I’m aware. 

4.)  He has a history of cryptic tweets  

5.) that Pikus clown deleted his tweet... someone told him to do that.  Was it SLU? Gordon?  I don’t know. 

If I had to bet everything I have on him leaving or not, I’d guess that he’s gone. But I have a feeling conversations are still being had. Last March, how many of us thought Goodwin would ever play another game in a Bills uniform?  I definitely did not. 

Lets let it play out. We should know more by practice today. 

13 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I think you may be right about this.  Since, we have no knowledge what or why was behind his tweets, they may well have been the result of his brooding over something that happened and his  fingers went to work before the brain was engaged. Let cooler heads prevail and see if this can't be resolved in a manner that's favorable to all. If, as some have said, he's brought a bad attitude into the locker room and was called out for it, he's not likely going to land anyplace for long where that behavior's going to be tolerated. It's still a team game, and there's no I in team.

Just now, johnbj14 said:

While the optimism is nice to see, Rothstein did tweet he was transferring and we have seen that he is pretty plugged in with Ford since he got here. That's what leads me to believe he's gone. 

Kids change their minds all the time. Again, I think he’s gone, hope he’s not. 

I don't think this is over yet, but that he will ultimately be gone after a valiant effort. If (and a BIG if) the things we have been reading are true, there has been a lot of damage done that needs to be repaired to stand a chance. I'm wondering if his buddies tweet about needing to "GROW" was more aimed at Gordon, telling him to GROW up. Kind of a stretch, but trying to start the day off on a good note.

2 minutes ago, NashvilleBilliken said:

I don't think this is over yet, but that he will ultimately be gone after a valiant effort. If (and a BIG if) the things we have been reading are true, there has been a lot of damage done that needs to be repaired to stand a chance. I'm wondering if his buddies tweet about needing to "GROW" was more aimed at Gordon, telling him to GROW up. Kind of a stretch, but trying to start the day off on a good note.

That’s actually exactly how I interpreted that tweet. Move on if you have to, but make sure you’re growing and learning from your mistakes. 

10 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Leaving structure and mentor ship from all available resources and a great family man like Ford would be the worst thing for Gordon. He needs someone like Mike Tyson needed someone to put him in check

You should read up on Chris Herren. This sounds like Chris without the drug addiction. Sounds like Gordon needs to get far away from Missouri. Probably overseas.

15 minutes ago, TheOne said:

Since the season started there have been instances of CG missing practice, sometimes without communication or warning to the team (this is the reason there have been inconsistencies of CG starting over DJ and vice versa). He’s struggled to mesh with some of the players.  He’s struggled with class and attendance.

It can be very, very tough to take a kid out of a rough neighborhood and expect him to fit into a program with lots of structure and academic expectations.  Remember, CG grew up in a tough area and a cruel scene - his best friend was murdered, his father absent, and his mother mentally lost.  The drug scene is prominent where he grew up.  It’s hard for some kids to leave the streets behind, and this decision (whichever way it goes) is not 100% basketball related.

No one wants to see the Billikens lose the basketball talent that CG is, but I believe whatever happens will ultimately be best for the team.

No official decision has been made and/or announced, but the picture should become clearer in the next 24 hours.

I’m out of reactions, so I’ll just say good post here. 

Thanks for the update, as always. 

15 minutes ago, TheOne said:

Since the season started there have been instances of CG missing practice, sometimes without communication or warning to the team (this is the reason there have been inconsistencies of CG starting over DJ and vice versa). He’s struggled to mesh with some of the players.  He’s struggled with class and attendance.

It can be very, very tough to take a kid out of a rough neighborhood and expect him to fit into a program with lots of structure and academic expectations.  Remember, CG grew up in a tough area and a cruel scene - his best friend was murdered, his father absent, and his mother mentally lost.  The drug scene is prominent where he grew up.  It’s hard for some kids to leave the streets behind, and this decision (whichever way it goes) is not 100% basketball related.

No one wants to see the Billikens lose the basketball talent that CG is, but I believe whatever happens will ultimately be best for the team.

No official decision has been made and/or announced, but the picture should become clearer in the next 24 hours.

Thanks for the update. I wonder if there is a scenario in the middle where he is convinced to stay on-board for the rest of this year with the idea that he can go pro or transfer (possibly without sitting out a year, if we check the right hardship box) at the end of this season. The hardest part to him still being on the team may be convincing his teammates that he's worth having around.

14 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Leaving structure and mentor ship from all available resources and a great family man like Ford would be the worst thing for Gordon. He needs someone like Mike Tyson needed someone to put him in check

STFU

20 minutes ago, TheOne said:

thank you so much.   you've done more to explain what is going on and calm a frustrated confused fanbase then anyone else has the last 24 hours.   let's sit back and see where this takes us.   

21 minutes ago, TheOne said:

This is very sobering.  Speculating here, but perhaps Ford has now drawn a line on the floor and told Gordon to pick a side; you are either with the Team and the University, or you are not.  Your second chances are used up. 

3 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Thanks for the update. I wonder if there is a scenario in the middle where he is convinced to stay on-board for the rest of this year with the idea that he can go pro or transfer (possibly without sitting out a year, if we check the right hardship box) at the end of this season. The hardest part to him still being on the team may be convincing his teammates that he's worth having around.

Even if he stays for the remainder of the year, I think it'll be hard for him to come back from this from both the teammate and fan support perspective.  

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

This is very sobering.  Speculating here, but perhaps Ford has now drawn a line on the floor and told Gordon to pick a side; you are either with the Team and the University, or you are not.  Your second chances are used up. 

That was what I was reading between the lines as well. 

1 minute ago, SShoe said:

Even if he stays for the remainder of the year, I think it'll be hard for him to come back from this from both the teammate and fan support perspective.  

Disagree. If he’s come back and is “all in” all will be forgiven. Must be all in though 

1 minute ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Disagree. If he’s come back and is “all in” all will be forgiven. Must be all in though 

That's the hard part. To earn back the trust of teammates and fans, he needs to give the proverbial 110%.  Do you think he has that in him at this point?