Carte'Are Gordon Rumored to Transfer

johnbj14

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

MPJ was a lottery pick. Do you think CG can go in the top 12 of a NBA draft after his freshman year???

He also can’t hit the three like Jontay. Watch this highlight vid and tell me one more time CG is a better player. Looks up his higlights

I think CG would beat them both in a game of 1-on-1 right now.  

Littlebill likes this

8 minutes ago, Billfan7 said:

How do you know?

Because everything in this story has been Gordon is transferring and not that he is being kicked out of the program.  If they were attempting to use the transfer story as cover for him being kicked out the program it wouldn’t have gone down like this. There just would have been an announcement he was transferring.

Just now, brianstl said:

Because everything in this story has been Gordon is transferring and not that he is being kicked out of the program.  If they were attempting to use the transfer story as cover for him being kicked out the program it wouldn’t have gone down like this. There just would have been an announcement he was transferring.

In other words, it would have gone down like Santos’ departure.

brianstl likes this

13 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I bet he was given an ultimatum.

I’m guessing Ford benched him and told him enough is enough.

Start going to class, start listening to coaches, start being a good teammate or your ass isn’t getting off the bench.

i bet Gordon “heard” Ford’s message and said “screw you Im outta here.”

Just my guess on his things played out.

Meh! I’m over it. Oil doesn’t mix with water.  Who’s taking his spot? And how great will everyone else be with what is assumed to be a major stressor removed from the path to the dance. 

SLU will be alright . CG will hopefully be fine. And yes we will all be ok as well. 

SLU_Nick, rgbilliken and JMM28 like this

34 minutes ago, brianstl said:

So you don't know.  I think Pelican's posts speak to some inside knowledge - did you read them?  I don't know why you felt the need to shoot him down just because you surmise things happened differently.  Remember SLU has said nothing and Gordon's tweet could be read a number of ways

8 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Word spreads fast through the athlete community at SLU which gets spread around campus quick. Word will get out soon. But he has been the biggest knock on team chemistry

Honestly I just want to know whether he is staying or going. I don't think it benefits anyone involved to have this dirty laundry out there. I thought Frank reporting rumors this evening about Gordon showing up late to meetings and such reflected poorly on the program since you know that is his source. If Gordon is indeed on the way out, lets just wish him well and move on.

It seems like Gordon is gone and while that sucks, wish him nothing but the best.  Seems like there is a lot of smoke around him so hope he gets it figured out because he is a St. Louis kid with a ton of talent. 

What was he averaging?  2 blocks and 9 points a game?  Thatch will double both on Sunday.  Next man up, 12 points and 4 rebounds from KC.  

@NextYearBill, let's get you a pic of Larry Hughes Jr for your new profile photo.  While there is always next year, Bess, Thatch and Goodwin will lead us to an A10 championship.     

9 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

It seems like Gordon is gone and while that sucks, wish him nothing but the best.  Seems like there is a lot of smoke around him so hope he gets it figured out because he is a St. Louis kid with a ton of talent. 

What was he averaging?  2 blocks and 9 points a game?  Thatch will double both on Sunday.  Next man up, 12 points and 4 rebounds from KC.  

@NextYearBill, let's get you a pic of Larry Hughes Jr for your new profile photo.  While there is always next year, Bess, Thatch and Goodwin will lead us to an A10 championship.     

Thatch won’t average that playing the post.  

8 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Didn't say average, said Sunday.  Yea more likely to match Gordon's average at most on Sunday but where is the fun in posting that?  

But the point remains that Thatch is not a 6’8”+ big man capable of helping our frontline.

1 hour ago, BilliKitty said:

Meh! I’m over it. Oil doesn’t mix with water.  Who’s taking his spot? And how great will everyone else be with what is assumed to be a major stressor removed from the path to the dance. 

SLU will be alright . CG will hopefully be fine. And yes we will all be ok as well. 

Hear, hear. The Big Dance is still a possibility this year. Losing Gordon obviously hurts but the A10 is thin compared to seasons past. An A10 tourney win is still attainable. How sweet would that be?! Grab a few big men commitments in the mean time and I'm a happy camper heading into the summer.

I'll tell ya what gets my blood flowing. A lineup of: Thatch and Goodwin playing full court, stifling defense, 6'6 Jimmerson knocking down treys from the corner, a 6'7 Perkins hitting some much-needed midrange jumpers, and French cleaning up on the boards and swattin' anything that comes within 5 feet of him. Bring in freak 6'6 athlete Hargrove off the bench, Collins to dish the rock during the times we need a steady ball handler, and what I'm guessing will be a much improved Hankton and Jacobs and we'll be okay. Grabbing Jitoboh and/or another big man would be a nice cherry on top.

SLU_Nick likes this

19 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Hear, hear. The Big Dance is still a possibility this year. Losing Gordon obviously hurts but the A10 is thin compared to seasons past. An A10 tourney win is still attainable. How sweet would that be?! Grab a few big men commitments in the mean time and I'm a happy camper heading into the summer.

I agree that being in 'the tourney' is still a chance...I'll even say a likelihood.  However I feel a guy like Gordon could make the difference between being a 13 seed that is bounced game 1 and a SLU team that is a ~9 seed that could have a decent chance to help propel us to the second weekend for the first time.

Would I love to see SLU's first recognized Sweet 16?  Of course!  Would I love to see SLU openly maintain that they only recruit/retain players that uphold the 'Jesuit Mentality'?  Of course as well.

But at some point, if you want both, you have to take chances.  Gordon was one of those chances.  If we're burned by it, so be it.  It's not like this is out of the blue.  Now, lets hope we can still recruit and win to get to a level of success without having to sacrifice our moral objective.

YES I know that sounds lame re: Sit 1 &2.  Let the past die.  Build from it, and hope that the teenagers you recruit are smarter.  At the end of the day, you cannot predict what will happen with high school kids.

If you're gone, good luck CG.  If you stay, be humble and learn from your mistakes.

As always, Go Bills!

Coach314 and rgbilliken like this

New user to Billikens.com, avid fan and family has been seasons ticket holders for as long as I can remember. Decided to start up a podcast on the Billikens for more in-depth analysis of the team, starting with this Gordon situation. If you guys are interested, check it out, The House that Rick Built (working title, suggestions appreciated), Episode One, out now: 

8 hours ago, Bills_06 said:

done. next man up. lets go 

Bills_06 likes this

Well, one positive we can take from this is we just seemed to play our best game of the year, and young Mr. Gordon only played 11 minutes before fouling out. The biggest negative is our front line, which was supposed to be our strong point, is now down to 2 players. God forbid, we suffer an unfortunate injury. One thing's for sure, SLU fans certainly get their money's worth when it comes to drama.