Carte'Are Gordon Rumored to Transfer

johnbj14

13 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Martin was open to signing him all the way up  until he signed his NLoI with SLU.

That is false.  I've got about 10 posts total on this site going back to his recruitment last year.  I've got some background on Gordon, and if you read my posts, my track record is flawless down to my statement that it was 50-50 that he makes it to campus and a 10% that he finishes his career at SLU.  CG is a ticking time bomb who will make Ford look smart for booting him.

The Wiz and TheChosenOne like this

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

You think this is bad.... Imagine Mizzou Twitter if this happened to them. I would say glory ravs sh!t posting on the teams message board looks worse. 

Players all know every program has idiot fans on message boards.  

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

The only thing that ever came out about Willie was S 1.  The other crap never became public after he was gone from SLU. Majerus kept it in house and everyone in the program and the AD knew it better stay there.

I recall reading about other things on this board involving a golf cart and an iPod or something like that. 

basebill123 likes this

Just now, kmbilliken said:

I recall reading about other things on this board involving a golf cart and an iPod or something like that. 

Freshman year Willie stole an Ihome from the team hotel and tried to blame it on Kwamain. Almost got kicked off but talent won out there too

2 minutes ago, Pelican said:

That is false.  I've got about 10 posts total on this site going back to his recruitment last year.  I've got some background on Gordon, and if you read my posts, my track record is flawless down to my statement that it was 50-50 that he makes it to campus and a 10% that he finishes his career at SLU.  CG is a ticking time bomb who will make Ford look smart for booting him.

Except Ford isn’t booting him. 

27 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Who the hell is this Don Wehmer guy.

He says he is a journalist but he only has 100 followers.

He also looks like a fat Hunter S Thompson

5237.jpgDan_s_mug_400x400.jpg

What would be even more impressive is if he had the same daily routine as HST.

7 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The only thing that ever came out about Willie was S 1.  The other crap never became public after he was gone from SLU. Majerus kept it in house and everyone in the program and the AD knew it better stay there.

I'm sure that if Twitter would have been as powerful and as prevalent during S1 as it is now, we would've seen Tweets similar to this. Any idiot can create a twitter account and tweet (I'll leave it at that before Biliken Roy gets upset :) ). Can't blame this on SLU.

God ... so many of the regular posters here make this place unbearable to read.  Like a bunch of small town gossip girls in here.

That being said, absolutely zero shock that Gordon is leaving.   We have always known he is a head case.  I will be shocked if he actually graduates from anywhere. People defending him as "being a kid" are laughable.  This isn't someone who got caught drinking in his dorm room.  He has had numerous chances since he has been in HS.  Eventually, his talent wont keep giving him a pass. 

If I was his handler, I would probably be pushing him to play international ball, but honestly I dont think he is mature enough to handle a foreign country and foreign teammates to last long. 

Just now, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I'm sure that if Twitter would have been as powerful and as prevalent during S1 as it is now, we would've seen Tweets similar to this. Any idiot can create a twitter account and tweet (I'll leave it at that before Biliken Roy gets upset :) ). Can't blame this on SLU.

Any idiot can create an account on here and it was posted on the main board until well after it happened. 

3 minutes ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

God ... so many of the regular posters here make this place unbearable to read.  Like a bunch of small town gossip girls in here.

That being said, absolutely zero shock that Gordon is leaving.   We have always known he is a head case.  I will be shocked if he actually graduates from anywhere. People defending him as "being a kid" are laughable.  This isn't someone who got caught drinking in his dorm room.  He has had numerous chances since he has been in HS.  Eventually, his talent wont keep giving him a pass. 

Me talking about him being a kid and making mistakes have very little to do with him being a basketball player and more to do with him being a person. There IS more to life than basketball. I'm hoping he figures things out and can be happy and successful in life, not just basketball.

19 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Hmmn why does that M O sound so familiar? Let's see catholic, Jesuit it's on the tip of my.....

3 minutes ago, JeffinMH said:

There are limits to learning and making wise decisions. You can't expect long term for people to be smarter than they actually are. Sad day.

The maturation process doesn't stop at 19 years old. And none of us know his motivation for anything. He has to live his life and learn his own lessons. Here's hoping he does.

17 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

some thought he would be one and done.... 1/2 and done.... close enough 

good one. When we first interested him it seemed possible that he could be gone in year. Now I'd be surprised if he ever hits NBA. We got more out him than Mizzou got out of 2 Porters.

7 minutes ago, almaman said:

good one. When we first interested him it seemed possible that he could be gone in year. Now I'd be surprised if he ever hits NBA. We got more out him than Mizzou got out of 2 Porters.

He is better than the Porters.... but I'm sceptical about this whole situation, that I'm pondering. It's so powerful to tweet as a college player. If I was him, this would easily bring out "certain," fans of the thread out, though that wud make Cardi G the villain. Well, he's the villain in all scenarios, that could plausibly happen. Except, if he goes pro, if it be in Europe or a league lower than the G league. I wouldn't be mad at Gordon for this post, though it affects him regardless of what he meant or is doing because of it. 

9 minutes ago, almaman said:

No way did we get more out of him then Mizzou did the Porters. Jontay was 6th man of the year in arguably the best conference last year. Carte’are didn’t lead us to the NCAA tournament, and even if they got injured at least they didn’t quit on the team. 

1 minute ago, Ballingmeanthegradesfallin said:

He is better than the Porters.... but I'm sceptical about this whole situation, that I'm pondering. It's so powerful to tweet as a college player. If I was him, this would easily bring out "certain," fans of the thread out, though that wud make Cardi G the villain. Well, he's the villain in all scenarios, that could plausibly happen. Except, if he goes pro, if it be in Europe or a league lower than the G league. I wouldn't be mad at Gordon for this post, though it affects him regardless of what he meant or is doing because of it. 

🤦‍♂️ he's not better than the Porters

2 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

I mean, he’s not injured for a year (or longer) so...🤷🏻‍♂️

MPJ was a lottery pick. Do you think CG can go in the top 12 of a NBA draft after his freshman year???

He also can’t hit the three like Jontay. Watch this highlight vid and tell me one more time CG is a better player. Looks up his higlights