Carte'Are Gordon Rumored to Transfer

johnbj14

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This sucks and my stomach dropped when I saw the tweet.  However, like a lot of others have said, I would be dumb to be shocked by it given everything we've heard.  But it also feels like ripping off the band aide. I'd be lying if I didn't admit a bit of relief now that it's finally over. Ever since the recruitment it felt like the program was walking through an overstocked china shop with him.  Ford is still landing important STL recruits outside of Gordon. No reason to believe he can't continue doing this. Lots of good players to be had in the next few years.

1 minute ago, gobillsgo said:

F*** you. I’ve lived and breathed Billiken Basketball since age four.  It’s the main reason I attended SLU.  I have been seriously emotionally invested in this program for twenty years.  I’ve been through an unreal amount of ups and downs with this program and this latest blow, if true, is one of the most painful.

I am not a “Gordon fan”. I think many of us saw something like this as a real possibility. I just have an issue with adults calling teenage kids ”dbags”, especially when they haven’t officially even left the program. 

Tool and dbag are synonyms. What’s the difference? And he’s an adult and I will treat him like one 

Part of me is glad it has finally come to a conclusion. I feel like a dumbass wondering about the thoughts of a random 18-19 year old all the time. “Is he in or is he out??” 

gordon has been through more than i will ever go through in my life and, if he’s betting on himself by going pro, i wish him well. 

Hopefully Ford has some recruits ready 

Eadsbee and Coach314 like this

14 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

He isn't good enough to be a bonafide starter at SLU, let alone play in the NBA. Good luck to him, I suppose. 

Sorry he was the the best big man on the team and the third best player on the team according to advance metrics behind Bass and Goodwin.

I have been a Ford supporter and, honestly, feel he's done some good coaching, but this does reflect on him.  The guys who we lost last year are on him too.  I still think that Ford will be successful here, but it seems like he brings in some real character kids and them some who are just the opposite.  There are so many guys in this team that I really admire that I was almost worried that they were having to deal with Gordon, given what's known about him.

Here is to hoping that Coach Ford learns his lesson.  Please be considerate of this if he passes on guys in the future and we're all wondering why.

Get off ledge everyone no announcement yet I am still in a holding pattern until it is officially announced.  I’ll wait to see what the magician coach Ford can pull out of his hat.  I think if it was done deal we would know by now.

Whatever happens I look forward to watching Bess play with such grace, French the werewolf grabbing rebounds and making those hook shots, JGood maturing, Fred starting and improving, Izzy hitting 3’s, Wiley hitting 3’s, Hankton hitting 3’s and Jacobs finally hitting shots.

Zink, billiken_roy and GoBills73 like this

5 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Part of me is glad it has finally come to a conclusion. I feel like a dumbass wondering about the thoughts of a random 18-19 year old all the time. “Is he in or is he out??” 

gordon has been through more than i will ever go through in my life and, if he’s betting on himself by going pro, i wish him well. 

Hopefully Ford has some recruits ready 

We should be able to pitch a lot more playing time to Bradford now. 

He joined the Billikens. The Billikens didn’t join him. He was given a starting position and plenty of playing time even after a mediocre start to the season. 

Loyalty is rewarded. Everytime a player leaves the program the program is hurt. All other players on the team who put in time day in and out are now screwed over by the selfishness of this kid. I have zero sympathy. 

Just now, CBFan said:

Get off ledge everyone no announcement yet I am still in a holding pattern until it is officially announced.  I’ll wait to see what the magician coach Ford can pull out of his hat.  I think if it was done deal we would know by now.

Whatever happens I look forward to watching Bess play with such grace, French the werewolf grabbing rebounds and making those hook shots, JGood maturing, Fred starting and improving, Izzy hitting 3’s, Wiley hitting 3’s, Hankton hitting 3’s and Jacobs finally hitting shots.

You will know for sure on Sunday but being in denial does not make it so.

Just now, CBFan said:

Good post. 

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">💯 <a href="https://t.co/O9WKO7axIY">https://t.co/O9WKO7axIY</a></p>&mdash; Tyler Coleman (@TColeman_1) <a href="https://twitter.com/TColeman_1/status/1080581728480251905?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 2, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just now, CBFan said:

The guys on the fast lane contacted SLU and their response was 

“as far as we know he is still on the team.”

Karraker was talking to Rammer and Rammer sounded like he thinks he’s gone but apparently he’s not. At least officially.

GoSluBills likes this

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

The guys on the fast lane contacted SLU and their response was 

“as far as we know he is still on the team.”

Karraker was talking to Rammer and Rammer sounded like he thinks he’s gone but apparently he’s not. At least officially.

Thank you for the update