Carte'Are Gordon Rumored to Transfer

johnbj14

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MSUBear95 said:

Could it be grades and not eligible for 2nd semester? I don't know when grades come out... too far removed from college days

This scares me the most. I could see this.

3 minutes ago, Bonner89 said:

They're already discussing it on Tigerboard.

Don't really like to put much stock (if any) in what some d bag frat bro with no shirt on in his profile pic says in his tweet....but some d bag frat bro with no shirt on in his profile pic responded to Gordon's tweet said, "credit to [presumably some other d bag] who had it first", implying that Gordon is leaving SLU and possibly looking at Mizzou.

6 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

He's a frosh so he'd have a semester of probation. I had heard when Hughes was here he knew he was going pro and literally didn't go to class the second semester, but he was still eligible.  

This is correct.  It's what makes the one and done thing such a joke from an academic standpoint.  

10 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

He's a frosh so he'd have a semester of probation. I had heard when Hughes was here he knew he was going pro and literally didn't go to class the second semester, but he was still eligible.  

I don't buy this. Hughes had previously said he was staying. Shocked Spoon when he left. 

11 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

A friend’s brother was in a class with Hughes that semester. Got paired with him for a class project. The presentation time for the project was the exact time when Larry was announcing that he was declaring for the draft.

18 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Don't really like to put much stock (if any) in what some d bag frat bro with no shirt on in his profile pic says in his tweet....but some d bag frat bro with no shirt on in his profile pic responded to Gordon's tweet said, "credit to [presumably some other d bag] who had it first", implying that Gordon is leaving SLU and possibly looking at Mizzou.

I would include Memphis in that group of schools if Gordon is leaving.

18 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

I didn't have any classes with Larry, but I only saw him at the Kiel Center during the 2nd semester.  Didn't see him on campus one time, which is odd because practices were at West Pine Gym.

10 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

First off Gordon hasn’t shown anything that he deserves to go pro yet. Second why transfer now before conference. The kid picked us a long time ago. 

I do remember people saying here that he never got along with teammates on his high school teams

I think one could call into question his decision making overall. I just wonder whether he is interested in sitting out as a transfer, his interest in even being a student, and not knowing the exact situation what options will be available to him at the college level. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out (a. if he is indeed leaving, b. what happened, and c. his next stop).