GDT: Florida State, sunny place for shady people

NextYearBill

9 hours ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

We had more rebounds, more blocks, more steals, more shots attempted, more free throws made, and fewer turnovers. It came down to shooting, they were great, we sucked. We had 5 assists all game, with 3 coming in the last 6 minutes during the press. Our offense has no flow. The only time it seems like there is any flow, and guys seem comfortable, is during our transition offense, as a result of our press over the last couple games.

I have looked in 2 places for the stats and have not found them as of yet.  So, you may very well be accurate on your listing but there is something to be said for when all this happens.  When you are trying to make a run and you give up second and third attempts by not getting rebounds that kills the run - this happened at least 3 times that I can remember, same goes for TOs - we gave them up so easily at all the wrong times and FLS converted them often into points.  We are still missing layups and I find it hard to believe that we actually shot better then them at the FT line - I know you are saying we took more shots and made more but what is the point to that if you can not take advantage of that by making FTs - I thought the announces said we were shooting 58% from the line at one time.  The problem is we started getting TOs and making a a few FT shots as well as hitting an occasional 3 late in the game - too little too late.  

I never really expected to win this game but I did expect that we would compete and that simply did not happen.

billiken_roy likes this

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, slusam said:

After the early signing period last year we were supposed to have Johnson, Welmer, Pearson, Santos, Henriquez, Bishop, and the transfer from BC (I can't remember his name). There are our shooters.  We have 6 left playing from that 13.

The fact that Graves, Henriquez and Bishop aren't at SLU is their fault and no one else's.

They made an extremely poor decision and paid the appropriate price.

1 hour ago, stlwaino50 said:

The fact that Graves, Henriquez and Bishop aren't at SLU is their fault and no one else's.

With the near total lack of facts we have  unless you have inside info your statement makes sense only because we know they are all gone. We may never know what went down but there may be more people then those 3 responsible for the end result.

23 minutes ago, almaman said:

With the near total lack of facts we have  unless you have inside info your statement makes sense only because we know they are all gone. We may never know what went down but there may be more people then those 3 responsible for the end result.

Since this is not a court of law we are all able to draw conclusions and the conclusions are rather simple.  They got involved in a sex encounter and one of them put it on the internet and the girls who apparently were OK with the activity but not with the posting got upset and claimed bad things which later were proven to be false.  Now you can accept this or not but this is basically what happened.  Hard to believe that there is someone who did not know at least some of this by now.

29 minutes ago, almaman said:

Isn't it interesting all three left because of a Title IX investigation.

If they were truly wronged, wouldn't they sue the school?

Many said on this site that lawsuits would be forthcoming, where are they if they are truly innocent of no wrongdoing and they left school for no reason?

4 minutes ago, stlwaino50 said:

Isn't it interesting all three left because of a Title IX investigation.

If they were truly wronged, wouldn't they sue the school?

Many said on this site that lawsuits would be forthcoming, where are they if they are truly innocent of no wrongdoing and they left school for no reason?

So you've never heard of settlements with confidentility non-disclosure agreements attached?  I have no knowledge that happened, but i am certain if a settlement agreement was reached with the players concerned saint louis university would have insisted on such. 

So you really cant make the conclusion you did.  

5 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

So you've never heard of settlements with confidentility non-disclosure agreements attached?  I have no knowledge that happened, but i am certain if a settlement agreement was reached with the players concerned saint louis university would have insisted on such. 

I wish I hadn't brought their names up. Please don't start this conversation again.

4 minutes ago, slusam said:

I wish I hadn't brought their names up. Please don't start this conversation again.

Talk to tilky

What French really needs to do to take his game to the next level is know where the open man is when he’s getting double teamed. If he can develop a really good quick pass to guys on the outside it would force teams to stop swarming around him. They will continue to do so until he can show that he has more court awareness.

2 hours ago, stlwaino50 said:

Tilky you came out of hiding.  Or should we call you Banks, or sknab, or Bradley?  (Stealing someone else's name is really cheap, don't you think.)  You have a HUGE desire to be on this forum don't you? 

How many extremely poor decisions have you made today?  Links please.

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

Possible I guess.

Wouldn't think likely.

So SLU suspended two of the players and expelled one of them and paid them off at the same time?

Then said players left?

Why bother with the lengthy Title IX process then? If SLU knew they were wrong just end the investigation.

Possible not likely. So SLU admits they were wrong to the players by paying them off but wants people to think they were right? Again, possible not likely.

I wouldn't think SLU would be THAT eager to part with their money.

Players Attorney: We are going to sue the school.

SLU Attorney: Don't do it we will write your client a check.

I don't believe it was that easy at all.

Keep thinking that though.

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

This. I think the fact that Graves dad and the PR firm that was working for Graves both went silent right when he announced he was transferring makes it pretty clear SLU bought silence from Graves and his crew.

SLU_Lax likes this

13 minutes ago, brianstl said:

This. I think the fact that Graves dad and the PR firm that was working for Graves both went silent right when he announced he was transferring makes it pretty clear SLU bought silence from Graves and his crew.

13 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Or they received legal advice they didn't have a chance in the case.

Why suspend or expel and then pay off?

32 minutes ago, stlwaino50 said:

Possible I guess.

Wouldn't think likely.

So SLU suspended two of the players and expelled one of them and paid them off at the same time?

Then said players left?

Why bother with the lengthy Title IX process then? If SLU knew they were wrong just end the investigation.

Possible not likely. So SLU admits they were wrong to the players by paying them off but wants people to think they were right? Again, possible not likely.

Man f u c k off

7 hours ago, stlwaino50 said:

Possible I guess.

Wouldn't think likely.

Then said players left?

fat_guy_3.jpg

8 hours ago, stlwaino50 said:

Possible I guess.

Wouldn't think likely.

Then said players left?

The law requires an investigation once a charge is filed

10 hours ago, Spoon-Balls said:

What French really needs to do to take his game to the next level is know where the open man is when he’s getting double teamed. If he can develop a really good quick pass to guys on the outside it would force teams to stop swarming around him. They will continue to do so until he can show that he has more court awareness.

That would definitely help.

I was expecting huge things from French this year and he has been a huge disappointment.

I think he will turn it around in conference play and we will see a 14 and 8 guy from here on out.