GDT: NICU

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile during the excitement of the Bills game Oklahoma women are still beating UConn under 5 to go.

9 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Assuming the +/- stats here are reliable, these are truly weird tonight:

Thatch: 20
French: 15
Bess: 8
Foreman: 8
Goodwin: 5
Isabell: 0
Jacobs: -4
Gordon: -7

I have no problem with these top 5 starting against FSU. Of course, bring Gordon in fairly quickly.  I think this makes sense actually. 

Goodwin had some turnovers, but overall, really liked him tonight. He was putting up numbers across the board with decent steals, assists, rebounds...I think he's getting into his groove much like his slow start last year. I foresee double doubles flirting with triple doubles during conf play. 

Just now, almaman said:

Starters 11 steals vs 9 fouls. Unbelievable that tight D for 35 minutes each and only 9 fouls. Still need work on TOs 15 between them.

Refs definitely let em play on defense in the second half. Which is a bit funny, because any time a player even dips their shoulder an inch, it’s an offensive foul, which I think is horse****

4 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Refs definitely let em play on defense in the second half. Which is a bit funny, because any time a player even dips their shoulder an inch, it’s an offensive foul, which I think is horse****

True, where did that interpretation of the rule come from?

13 minutes ago, EssEllYou said:

Goodwin had some turnovers, but overall, really liked him tonight. He was putting up numbers across the board with decent steals, assists, rebounds...I think he's getting into his groove much like his slow start last year. I foresee double doubles flirting with triple doubles during conf play. 

Think big he had 6 steals tonight Quad time!

Interesting game with  the team showing a Dr. Jekyll - Mr. Hyde type of play. The first half they appeared asleep. They started the second half still sleepwalking and then, unexpectedly, someone got pissed off (this is the best way I can describe what I saw) and exploded playing at full tilt, with the team following. We got ahead by 15 pts before the momentum was spent and we became semi somnolent again, except for Isabell that came back in to revive our play.

Whatever, we won, and no one was apparently injured. Now onwards to the FL State game. A win is a win.

27 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Interesting game with  the team showing a Dr. Jekyll - Mr. Hyde type of play. The first half they appeared asleep. They started the second half still sleepwalking and then, unexpectedly, someone got pissed off (this is the best way I can describe what I saw) and exploded playing at full tilt, with the team following. We got ahead by 15 pts before the momentum was spent and we became semi somnolent again, except for Isabell that came back in to revive our play.

Whatever, we won, and no one was apparently injured. Now onwards to the FL State game. A win is a win.

With that win SLU drops about 10 spots in Kenpoms. After the W Saturday, will rise again.

David King likes this

-imo if looking for progress we don't win this game last season, see Detroit Merrcy or W Mich, so this is good

-not sure how we go from 8 turnovers in Houston to 18 at home against UNCC, maddening just like our inability to make ft's

-if FTJr wants more minutes it seems he can have them, just needs to cut down on his fouls

-I hope whatever caused that volleyball mechanism to get out of kilter gets completely fixed as that could cause an injury

-that run in the second half was a lot of fun

6 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-imo if looking for progress we don't win this game last season, see Detroit Merrcy or W Mich, so this is good

-not sure how we go from 8 turnovers in Houston to 18 at home against UNCC, maddening just like our inability to make ft's

-if FTJr wants more minutes it seems he can have them, just needs to cut down on his fouls

-I hope whatever caused that volleyball mechanism to get out of kilter gets completely fixed as that could cause an injury

-that run in the second half was a lot of fun

because we have an off guard learning to play point and a whole new offense on the fly. NCCU also presses the whole game.

Our NET went from 63 to 73 with this win.  Yikes.  NCC went UP by one spot, 336 from 337 in their loss. 

Unfortunately we 'get' to play LaSalle twice, and they're NET rating is 340.  Those two LaSalle games even with wins could be very bad for any At-Large aspirations. 

CUSA's model of saving the last four games for tier play is looking very good to me.  I'd trade a 2nd LaSalle game for a VCU or Davidson rematch.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Pistol said:

Forgot to share this after the game, but the broadcast caught this awesome looking dude nodding off during the NCC game. Security? Usher? Legend, regardless.

CE1E7B27-486E-42A2-A457-609B2B6BBC71.jpeg

Seemed to me he might’ve been associated with the NCCU radio broadcast. Since they only had one announcer at the table, I thought he might be assisting with the broadcast or as they say in radio parlance, the engineer.