Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
HoosierPal

Coach on the Radio - Tuesday with Travis + Other Radio

Scheduling: why aren't we invited to good pre season holiday tourneys? Not the ones that are rigged w/some home buy games. And the 4 teams play one game in one place. I'm taking about like the Hawaii tournament. 8 teams and an actual champion. I think the last one we played in was that Anaheim tourney in the '11-12 season. We won it. 

20 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Too early for a game day thread so I put this here.  Media related.

I know we all wanted to see KC and Jacobs, but maybe...just maybe...Ford saw we would need 3/4 wins in 3/4 days and put them on the shelf to make sure they were ready to play minutes in the A-10 tourney. 

16 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

I know we all wanted to see KC and Jacobs, but maybe...just maybe...Ford saw we would need 3/4 wins in 3/4 days and put them on the shelf to make sure they were ready to play minutes in the A-10 tourney. 

Need to get some of what you're smoking........

4 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Need to get some of what you're smoking........

It does make sense. There's no denying the team we currently put on the floor(without Hankton and Jacobs) should have been good enough to get a top 4 seed in this A10 tournament but is not deep enough to outlast 3 games in 3 days.

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

It does make sense. There's no denying the team we currently put on the floor(without Hankton and Jacobs) have should have been good enough to get a top 4 seed in this A10 tournament but is not deep enough to outlast 3 games in 3 days.

Wouldn't it make more sense to cut Bess's minutes than saving those two?

6 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Bess' ailment isn't going to magically heal regardless of time off. Without Bess I don't think we win the last two even with his poor scoring performance.

5 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Coach Ford can't keep Bess off the floor.  You could amputate one of his legs, and he'd still play (and be better than half the guys in the conference).  Bess has been checking himself into drills at practice; he'd probably check himself into games, too.

3 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

You could amputate one of his legs, and he'd still play

"Merely a flesh wound"