Coach on the Radio - Tuesday with Travis + Other Radio

HoosierPal

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Hoosier -- so today's players know who Bonner and Hughes are.  Good for them.  That still means that 0 + 0 = zero. 

Where did I say that today's players know Bonner or Hughes?  I already told you how Bonner being drafted impacted the next class.  You elected to disagree or ignored it or whatever.  Fine.  You have changed my opinion 0%, just as I have change yours's 0%.  Realize that just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion, it isn't wrong.  Get over it.  Jump ball.  Which way does the possession arrow point?

Hoosier -- page 4, this thread, fourth post from the bottom, specially pointed me (@Taj) out and where to listen on the tape (7:45) .  I didn't listen because you quoted it.  So if you weren't saying these guys know who Bonner and Hughes are, what were you saying?  That Bonner explained to French about heart and mind.  Help me out here. 

And you NEVER told me how Bonner being drafted affected that class.  And that was in the "Seat Warm" thread.  All you did was point out who came in.  And not even by name.  I did that.  You never explained to me how Bonner's draft status played into the recruitment of three guards lewt alone a skinny power forward.  All you said is it happened.  So here's the question ... how did Bonner getting drafted affect the recruitment and signing of Julian WInfield, Erwin Claggett, Scott Highmark and Eric Bickel?  I am not disagreeing.  I am not ignoring.  I am seeking recruiting conversion from someone who knows something here but isn't telling.  If this were a jump ball, I'm still waiting for you to stop prancing around the circle and get in here. 

45 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Hoosier -- page 4, this thread, fourth post from the bottom, specially pointed me (@Taj) out and where to listen on the tape (7:45) .  I didn't listen because you quoted it.  So if you weren't saying these guys know who Bonner and Hughes are, what were you saying?  That Bonner explained to French about heart and mind.  Help me out here. 

And you NEVER told me how Bonner being drafted affected that class.  And that was in the "Seat Warm" thread.  All you did was point out who came in.  And not even by name.  I did that.  You never explained to me how Bonner's draft status played into the recruitment of three guards lewt alone a skinny power forward.  All you said is it happened.  So here's the question ... how did Bonner getting drafted affect the recruitment and signing of Julian WInfield, Erwin Claggett, Scott Highmark and Eric Bickel?  I am not disagreeing.  I am not ignoring.  I am seeking recruiting conversion from someone who knows something here but isn't telling.  If this were a jump ball, I'm still waiting for you to stop prancing around the circle and get in here. 

I have talked to some of the people involved. Yes, talked to them.  I have been around here for a long time.  Believe me or not, I can sleep tonight either way.  Get over it.

Hoosier -- since you put it that way, well, you talked to people, then sure I believe you.  Sleep well.  Topic closed.  Go make up some more unsubstantiated stuff in your sweet dreams.

This AM, on Sports on a Sunday Morning, Coach explained the hard hats.  He gave them out Thursday.  We had gotten away from what we do best - physical, aggressive, defensive play.  He wanted to change the mood, change the mind set of the team.  Hence the hard hats.  They give out stickers for the hats for positive plays, effort, etc.  

He called the defense v LaSalle the best of the season.  They were the hottest team coming into the game, winning 5 of 6, scoring 75+ ppg in those 5.  He made no changes on defense during the game -  something quite unique.  

This week the staff will be off recruiting early, both locally and nationally.  They want the team to get healthier and get academics back on track.  They will begin prep for Dayton on Thursday.

He complimented Bonner (and Hines) for helping out twice.  Bonner gets to practice early, warms up, stretches, and takes this very seriously.  His mentoring of the team has been very valuable.  Coach says Tommy Liddell and Larry Hughes may come and help out later this week.

10 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

This AM, on Sports on a Sunday Morning, Coach explained the hard hats.  He gave them out Thursday.  We had gotten away from what we do best - physical, aggressive, defensive play.  He wanted to change the mood, change the mind set of the team.  Hence the hard hats.  They give out stickers for the hats for positive plays, effort, etc.  

He called the defense v LaSalle the best of the season.  They were the hottest team coming into the game, winning 5 of 6, scoring 75+ ppg in those 5.  He made no changes on defense during the game -  something quite unique.  

This week the staff will be off recruiting early, both locally and nationally.  They want the team to get healthier and get academics back on track.  They will begin prep for Dayton on Thursday.

He complimented Bonner (and Hines) for helping out twice.  Bonner gets to practice early, warms up, stretches, and takes this very seriously.  His mentoring of the team has been very valuable.  Coach says Tommy Liddell and Larry Hughes may come and help out later this week.

Sounds like having Jose Oquendo and Willie McGee working with the young Redbirds. Pretty cool stuff.

2 hours ago, Billboy1 said:

This show is all fluff.  Only take twitter questions which they control. Who cares about what song he likes. Let's talk real basketball.

Why don’t you go and ask the question. Not many people show up. It’s a show hosted by a billiken employee to ask questions to the Billiken head coach. He’s not gonna give him the 3rd degree

2 hours ago, Billboy1 said:

This show is all fluff.  Only take twitter questions which they control. Who cares about what song he likes. Let's talk real basketball.

Remember when Gary used to go at it with Rickma?

Majerus even offered him game tickets behind the bench and Gary turned it down.

3 hours ago, Billboy1 said:

Please relay the hard hitting text question you sent in that they didn't answer. 

(You know you can just make something up right now, if you like, no one will know.  It will save you embarrassment.)

CBFan and Littlebill like this

21 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Injury news is very encouraging.  If we have a good showing at Dayton (win), then I am going to be waving the pom poms calling for the NCAAs or bust.

It is going to be really hard considering we embarrassed them at our place.  

We embarrassed them because Thatch and Foreman shredded the scouting report. We need a low scoring game or it could be a long afternoon.

SLU_Lax likes this

I think knowing what song coach Ford likes is fun for me, I love the Budweiser song I enjoy the tuba's out in center court.

The coaches show should be fun with some news and the news was that Hankton and Jacobs will probably play and Welmer wants to play.

I really appreciate HP's summary posts of the coaches show I need to remember that the show is on and start listening in.

Just now, CBFan said:

I think knowing what song coach Ford likes is fun for me, I love the Budweiser song I enjoy the tuba's out in center court.

The coaches show should be fun with some news and the news was that Hankton and Jacobs will probably play and Welmer wants to play.

I really appreciate HP's summary posts of the coaches show I need to remember that the show is on and start listening in.

I sound like a broken record but we all need to remember that the coaches show is not for us. It's marketing to casual St. Louis sports fans.

4 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I sound like a broken record but we all need to remember that the coaches show is not for us. It's marketing to casual St. Louis sports fans.

It is also a time for fans to relate to the coach, players and not be so serious like we are on this site.

The best coaches show ever was Charlie Spoonhour and Jack Buck that was must listen radio.

Those two characters were great together.

Coach Ford has a lot of positive energy and is a good marketer of the Billikens for the casual fan I still think he will get us to the big dance.

Coach Ford is the reason I will upgrade my season tickets next season and move to the lower bowl.

23 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Fluffy post :)