GDT Hot Old Ladies

Littlebill

Houston did a really good job of quickly doubling our bigs when they caught the ball in the post, which forced our guys (Gordon, in particular) into a fair amount of mistakes. 

Overall, I actually think this was one of our better games. I think Ford could have done more, but we lost to a good team in a game we could have won. Unfortunately, now we have to win the FSU game or win the A-10 regular season.  

TheChosenOne likes this

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I can dream can't I?

I agree 100 percent with your analysis of what is going on with this team but I always go back to the last 4 seasons this is so much better that a loss to an unbeaten team does not upset me even though we should have won.  Look how far our team has come from the 4 previous seasons.

On to the next game go Bills.

We are pretty much in agreement than other than THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE SEASON. Not next year. NOW. 

Ugh.

2 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Houston did a really good job of quickly doubling our bigs when they caught the ball in the post, which forced our guys (Gordon, in particular) into a fair amount of mistakes. 

Overall, I actually think this was one of our better games. I think Ford could have done more, but we lost to a good team in a game we could have won. Unfortunately, now we have to win the FSU game or win the A-10 regular season.  

I thought our bigs were excellent in recognizing it and passing out of it 

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

6 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I do not think that this was a bad game for us in any way. True we did lose it, but we proved ourselves to be playing at the same level as Houston. 

Taking a L is a bad thing when trying to build your resume.

“Congrats you almost beat a good team. Enjoy filling out your bracket in March.”

slufan13 likes this

9 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Taking a L is a bad thing when trying to build your resume.

“Congrats you almost beat a good team. Enjoy filling out your bracket in March.”

Win the A-10 regular season without any bad losses and we’re fine.  Not the perfect route but plenty doable. 

Hey guys, I've already been n deemed a troll, so I don't mind speaking up. Everyone just needs to relax. We lost 3 close (essentially) road games. Today we saw the real Tremaine Isabell. If we can get him going, along with Bess, we actually have at least some what of an outside threat that defenses at least have to be aware of. And we only had (I believe) 8 turnovers against 1 of the best defenses in the country. Goodwin has not even come close to playing his best, but we all know what he's capable of. The point is, we're improving every game. It's tangible, we can see it. I don't think it's out of the question to hope we can get everyone playing well at the same time. If that happens, with our defense, we could absolutely beat FSU, and also steamroll through the A-10. We've only played 10 games. We got over 20 left to go.

Quality Is Job 1 likes this

I am amazed at how a team who got outrebounded, shot 37% from the field and 61% from the line were in a position to steal a game from a top 25 team on the road. If this level of toughness is going to be the identity of the SLU program going forward, then success will come eventually.

This program is a healthy Dion Wiley away from dancing. Hopefully Jimerson can fill that role next year. 

7 minutes ago, PinkMaleBillikensJersey said:

Hey guys, I've already been n deemed a troll, so I don't mind speaking up. Everyone just needs to relax. We lost 3 close (essentially) road games. Today we saw the real Tremaine Isabell. If we can get him going, along with Bess, we actually have at least some what of an outside threat that defenses at least have to be aware of. And we only had (I believe) 8 turnovers against 1 of the best defenses in the country. Goodwin has not even come close to playing his best, but we all know what he's capable of. The point is, we're improving every game. It's tangible, we can see it. I don't think it's out of the question to hope we can get everyone playing well at the same time. If that happens, with our defense, we could absolutely beat FSU, and also steamroll through the A-10. We've only played 10 games. We got over 20 left to go.

You’re so brave.

3 minutes ago, Brighton said:

His tough guy schtick gets old real quick. don't bother...

It's whatever. I post on the board because I love the Billikens...I am a Billiken, class of 2007, I lived in Reinert Hall and Lindell West. I've never (intentionally) trolled anyone on this board. I just find it hilarious that he's talking sh!t to a fellow fan of the Billikens for no reason. But I really couldn't care less.

billikenbill and drkelsey55 like this

4 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

That’s another thing.  We are 334th in the country in FT shooting.  How is that acceptable to anyone?

No doubt our free throw sucks but it was totally predictable.  French and Goodwin were two of the worst free throw shooters in the country at  their respective positions coming out of high school.  Foreman was a 53% free throw shooter at Rutgers.  Situation 2 and a late transfer depleted our free throw shooting corps. Those are the breaks.

12 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

No doubt our free throw sucks but it was totally predictable.  French and Goodwin were two of the worst free throw shooters in the country at  their respective positions coming out of high school.  Foreman was a 53% free throw shooter at Rutgers.  Situation 2 and a late transfer depleted our free throw shooting corps. Those are the breaks.

Seems like some low hanging fruit for improvement, no?  

2 hours ago, Littlebill said:

Who do you honestly think Johnson would take minutes off of? Seriously.

Whomever is playing poorly or needs a blow. Like half the team in the SIUC game.

The guy was only a sophomore and averaged 9.1 points per game and 3.8 rebounds while converting on 39.4 percent of his 3-point attempts and 78 percent from the free throw line.