GDT Hot Old Ladies

Littlebill

1 minute ago, joe_davola said:

At this point, there is zero margin for error. Given our horrendous shooting and horrible free throw shooting, I'm not feeling too confident we can be perfect the rest of the way.

We played hard and played fairly well, but unfortunately this was a must win in my book.  Can't expect us to not have another mis step the rest of the way realistically. 

It’s NIT season at best

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ford has done a marvelous job assembling a very talented roster.   Just think how much better it would be without S2, pierson meddling and the kid that left the team this year at the beginning of the season.   But maybe ford needs to find an assistant that can game coach.   We could very easily be undefeated this year imo.

Ford absolutely does not deserve tons of blame today Anyone remember when we were down 9 and there were multiple “ballgame” posts in this thread? Ford called TO and got the guys in positions to succeed.

Houston is undefeated for a reason.  They are really good.  

The offense finally looked relatively decent and Isabell was a key piece against the best defensive team we will play all year.

Some of you have to get a grip on reality 

Edited by SLU_Nick
Some blame

Just now, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Your expectations were too high. We are playing very good teams to the wire. What about this season has been a disappointment? 

The fact that SLU has lost to average Pitt and SIUC and couldn’t close out against Houston. 

My expectation was SLU wouldn’t have to win the A10 to make the tourney. Don’t think that was an unreasonable expectation 

joe_davola likes this

People on this board are so clueless. Ford's coaching didn't cause French to foul twice with a minute to go. It didn't cause Goodwin to go under a screen to allow a wide open 3 or to cause Bess to shoot a wild three with 10 seconds left. Houston executed at the end of the game and we didnt. It happens. We played a very good team on their court basically even. We are poised to have a hell of a year.

willie likes this

17 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Ford has done a marvelous job assembling a very talented roster.   Just think how much better it would be without S2, pierson meddling and the kid that left the team this year at the beginning of the season.   But maybe ford needs to find an assistant that can game coach.   We could very easily be undefeated this year imo.

Ford has done a good job coaching.  The players lost this game with their horrible FT shooting.  Losing Santos and Wiley continues to hurt as well obviously.  And that T on Bess and the terrible foul called on Foreman did not help the Bills' cause for sure.  I am tickled pink to have Ford as the coach.  The sky is not falling.  The team is jelling.

Just now, Billiken Rich said:

Seriously?  We have so many new moving parts that it's impossible to blame ford for this ...….blame situation 2 more than ford

Seriously. The Pitt debacle.  At Houston w/26 sec, we have one of the worst offensive possessions of the game.  Ford has been average at best this year.  

1 minute ago, Billiken Rich said:

+1 out of reactions

I can come to the rescue...

3 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

The fact that SLU has lost to average Pitt and SIUC and couldn’t close out against Houston. 

My expectation was SLU wouldn’t have to win the A10 to make the tourney. Don’t think that was an unreasonable expectation 

It's theoretically unreasonable to say that unless you're a die-hard fan. Though with all the media SLU is getting, It's no surprise there's going to be a target on their back. 

2 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Lol my expectations were too high??? Jesus this board has really settled into being comfortably average if my expectations to not lose to Pitt and SIUC are deemed too high 

well I guess we never lose in your perfect freaking world. I want to live in that world but it doesn't freaking exist

1 minute ago, slusam said:

People on this board are so clueless. Ford's coaching didn't cause French to foul twice with a minute to go. It didn't cause Goodwin to go under a screen to allow a wide open 3 or to cause Bess to shoot a wild three with 10 seconds left. Houston executed at the end of the game and we didnt. It happens. We played a very good team on their court basically even. We are poised to have a hell of a year.

Going under the screen is 100% on ford. Goodwin should never ever even think about it in that situation.  The reason...because his coach hammered it in his head that going under the screen is not acceptable. 

billiken_roy likes this