GDT Hot Old Ladies

Littlebill

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, VeniceMenace said:

Whomever is playing poorly or needs a blow. Like half the team in the SIUC game.

The guy was only a sophomore and averaged 9.1 points per game and 3.8 rebounds while converting on 39.4 percent of his 3-point attempts and 78 percent from the free throw line.

With Johnson, we -perhaps - have only one loss.  He would help open up the lane.  Right now it is way too clogged. Pass the ball in to Gordon or French, and an immediate double team occurs, because our opponents don't respect our shooters. 

This offensively challenged team certainly has a spot for a 39% three point shooter and a 78% FT shooter. . He would get plenty of minutes.

3 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Whomever is playing poorly or needs a blow. Like half the team in the SIUC game.

The guy was only a sophomore and averaged 9.1 points per game and 3.8 rebounds while converting on 39.4 percent of his 3-point attempts and 78 percent from the free throw line.

There were 7 scholarship players. Who else was going to score?

i can’t belivee people are striving for Johnson like he would be the solution, as if he wouldn’t be far and away our worst defensive player. He’s got Jolly-level lateral movement woes. He was practically a turnstile out there. No, we wouldn’t have been better with that guy out there.

8 hours ago, Brighton said:

His tough guy schtick gets old real quick. don't bother...

Yet he is not part of the Metz club like you.

I have met 05 he is a true blue all sport Billiken fan.

He does not ever come across as a tough guy at all.

He is a debater and never gives in on a debate I learned that the hard way.

51 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Yet he is not part of the Metz club like you.

I have met 05 he is a true blue all sport Billiken fan.

He does not ever come across as a tough guy at all.

He is a debater and never gives in on a debate I learned that the hard way.

I had to laugh at “tough guy”. A$$hole, d!ck, d@uche, borderline crazy person sure. But I’ve never been confused for a tough guy. 

rgbilliken likes this

6 hours ago, Littlebill said:

There were 7 scholarship players. Who else was going to score?

i can’t belivee people are striving for Johnson like he would be the solution, as if he wouldn’t be far and away our worst defensive player. He’s got Jolly-level lateral movement woes. He was practically a turnstile out there. No, we wouldn’t have been better with that guy out there.

Johnson hit 43% in conference behind the arc in conference play (18 games). He hit 82% in conference play from the line.  He was a scorer. We don’t have enough of them on this team. He gets 20+ min a game on this team. He would help open up the middle which is hopelessly clogged this year. 

Please list the D1 teams that could not use a 43% three point shooter.  SLU is on your list, who else?

VeniceMenace likes this

1 hour ago, slusam said:

I'm not going to make excuses for Jordan but this happened during his 39th minute of play. I doubt it ever happens again.

With Wiley out, we are in essence down to a 7+ man rotation.  Jacob's few minutes have been unproductive but at least he gives a player a rest, and Hankton and Gudmundsson (yes he has been hurt) can't get off the bench.  Bess, Goodwin and Isabell will continue to see 30 to 35+ minutes.  Let's hope Wiley can get back and is in reasonable shape before conference.  He has been out for a few weeks now, so it will take time to get back into game shape.

14 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

With Wiley out, we are in essence down to a 7+ man rotation.  Jacob's few minutes have been unproductive but at least he gives a player a rest, and Hankton and Gudmundsson (yes he has been hurt) can't get off the bench.  Bess, Goodwin and Isabell will continue to see 30 to 35+ minutes.  Let's hope Wiley can get back and is in reasonable shape before conference.  He has been out for a few weeks now, so it will take time to get back into game shape.

Talked with Chris May during the pre-game alumni gathering and asked about Wiley...he felt he was still a couple weeks away.

18 hours ago, Old guy said:

I do not think that this was a bad game for us in any way. True we did lose it, but we proved ourselves to be playing at the same level as Houston. 

Your first sentence and second sentence don't go together at all.

The Bills played a decent game, but the result wasn't as good as anyone rooting for the Bills wanted. 

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Voices aren't talking to you today, huh?  No list of teams that don't need a 43% 3 point shooter.  Hmm.  Voices are too busy I guess.

Oh, ow, a Troll Reaction from @billikenfan05.  You win, Uncle, I quit, tap out......

Now that Tilky is on 'vacation' either you or GloryDays1985 has to be the leader in handing out your little Troll Reactions. 

21 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Oh, ow, a Troll Reaction from @billikenfan05.  You win, Uncle, I quit, tap out......

Now that Tilky is on 'vacation' either you or GloryDays1985 has to be the leader in handing out your little Troll Reactions. 

Your obsession with reactions is so incredibly sad. Your post was petty as fuok. Deal with it. 

rgbilliken likes this