Hou over the Bills by 7

The Wiz

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

This handicapper is predicting a Bills win AFTER he takes 8 pts....I have Hou by 7...so yeah with 8 pts Bills have a great chance to win

59 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Vegas spread for the SLU vs Houston game 8.5 in favor of Houston. Expected scores SLU 60.5, Houston 69.0.

This game will be a defensive struggle ....Could be neither team scores 60.   It is true that we will be the best team defensively Houston has seen all year.....Unfortunately, this will be the best defensive team we have seen all year too......every bit as good as us.....What I worry about is we have struggled all year offensively against lesser defenses....this will be quite a challenge....I am hoping the trend of us playing to our competition continues and we rise to the occasion.

Props to the letter writer in the PD this morning who said he went to Mizzou, wish them luck then said, “But I live in STL, love college basketball & the Billikens are my hometown team.” His point was that there shouldn’t have been any empty seats for the Butler game & people need to come see them play. Nothing to do with the game today but we’ll said.

Zink likes this

35 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

Props to the letter writer in the PD this morning who said he went to Mizzou, wish them luck then said, “But I live in STL, love college basketball & the Billikens are my hometown team.” His point was that there shouldn’t have been any empty seats for the Butler game & people need to come see them play. Nothing to do with the game today but we’ll said.

SLU needs to fix that prob.  I know they want the corporate money for those seats but they need to find another way. Those seats need to be filled.  We’re obviously not Michigan state, but their students wrap around the lower bowl, including behind center court.  Would love for our student support to reach something moderately close to that.  Either way, we have to fill those center court seats, at least the TV viewable ones.. 

41 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

SLU needs to fix that prob.  I know they want the corporate money for those seats but they need to find another way. Those seats need to be filled.  We’re obviously not Michigan state, but their students wrap around the lower bowl, including behind center court.  Would love for our student support to reach something moderately close to that.  Either way, we have to fill those center court seats, at least the TV viewable ones.. 

Unfortunately I really don’t know how you can switch it up at this point.

Cardboard cutouts? It's really sad looking at the empties. One would think those companies that are letting them go vacant could be coaxed into giving them to employees, schools, military, etc. If they don't show for Butler, who will they come and see? 

25 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Cardboard cutouts? It's really sad looking at the empties. One would think those companies that are letting them go vacant could be coaxed into giving them to employees, schools, military, etc. If they don't show for Butler, who will they come and see? 

I don’t get it. You would think if they just sent out an office wide email someone would take them.

If my boss offered me tickets to a professional roller derby match and said “they’re great seats!” I’d take them.

I just don’t get why it’s so difficult to give division 1 basketball seats away.

We battled a top 20 team to the final seconds....The 4 pts loss was within the margin of error (margin 3pts)...so no damage to the numbers. The only damage was the lost opportunity to beat an A team. 2 Hou players collide with 7 min left and they get an extra pt on a foul shot...without that extra point we are not shooting 3's in the final seconds and Goodwin doesn't miss a FT on purpose. You can sub in any other play you would like but the point is had ANY play gone different we beat an A Team.

Let's see what the numbers say....

"Hold Brooks to 12pts" ....he scored 13.....close enough ...pass.

"Don't foul Davis...those are automatic pts"...6-6FTs....Fail

Actual slash line ....37/32/61...fail

"TOs...12 and differential even".....8 TOs and 6 diff in our favor...Double Pass

A couple of notes on the stats.....First we did an outstanding on the TOs...no small feat for a team that has struggled in this area all season....not to mention  we did against 1 of the best defenses in the country. If we continue that trend it bodes well for the remainder of the season

And while we failed on the slash line... even that wasn't too bad.....our normal slash looks like this....D- /D / F-...today's slash F/ D/ F- not too much different ....but to find out what really happened ...we have to drill down a little deeper and look at 2P%...we are a D team in 2P%...we shot F- today ...if we shoot our normal poor average ...we win the game. Our normal average would have been 4 more 2s...in fact,  if we just made 1 or 2 more 2s we would have probably won.  As I said in the original post... we don't have to do a whole lot better on offense just a little.  So while many on here lament  FT shooting (which is certainly poor) it may be easier to fix the " easy shots"....2 footers  and fast breaks.We miss these because sometimes we rush and sometimes we wait too long.  Again , I think this is fixable and should get better as the season goes forward.

Bottom line....If we play like we did today the rest of the season plus make a few of the "easy shots" we will be OK

19 minutes ago, almaman said:

I'm amazed we have a team of 2+ - 4* guys and we have F/D/F- slash line. Do the recruiters and predictors   only watch the self submitted highlight videos of these kids? Back in the day the stars were guys who made points.

You need to ask our resident expert on high school *, @Glorydays2013

7 hours ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

We actually went up in Kenpom after this game

My numbers ticked up a little but nothing significant....We went in B and came out B....By finishing within 3 of the spread  the computer figures we did what we were supposed to do.