GDT - Bills dam up the Beavers

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Give Thatch all the credit, an 8% three pt. shooter knocked down 4 of them today and was the player of the game. Well, maybe Bess was the co-player of the game.

RamJAMTIME likes this

3 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Thatch was huge, but not even close to player of the game for theBills.

Changed it to co-player of the game with Bess, but wow he hit big shots. Bess was completely awesome today as well.

6 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

This team is poorly coached.  Why in the world are we contesting that last 3 point shot?  

It was Bess, the best player on the court today, that was tracking Tinkle at the end.  No way he was going to foul him.  He’s too smart.  That had nothing to do with coaching.

if you’re successful in your obvious quest to chase Ford, I hope you enjoy what the next coach gives us.  I’m happy being where we are right now record wise and being picked to win the A-10.  But yes, continue your efforts to try to convince everyone that Ford can’t coach.

1 minute ago, cgeldmacher said:

It was Bess, the best player on the court today, that was tracking Tinkle at the end.  No way he was going to foul him.  He’s too smart.  That had nothing to do with coaching.

if you’re successful in your obvious quest to chase a Ford, I hope you enjoy what the next coach gives us.  I’m happ being where we are right now record wise and being picked to win the A-10.  But yes, continue your efforts to try to convince everyone that Ford can’t coach.

We’ve all seen bs calls against the Billikens. Bess shouldn’t even be close to the shooter.

This team makes too many unforced errors.  Ford needs to take some heat for it.  However, that doesn’t mean I’m trying to run him off.  Quit being so sensitive.

Bess was good on D, but Tinkle got 15 on him, plus 10 boards....a double double.  Thompson got 22 on Fred and Goodwin.  We didn't really shut them down like we did Butler, but gosh, love the effort those three gave us today.

PLUS, Goodwin had the best PG game the Bills have had this year.  He got the team organized, ran the plays.  Yeah his A/TO wasn't great at 2/3, but the team looked like they knew what they were doing.

The last two 3’s from Thatch were huge.  Especially, the first of the two.  We needed a bucket so bad.  I was tempted to go down to the court after the game and carry Thatch off on my shoulders. 

Coach Tinkle seemed to be impressed by how much he said to Thatch after the game.

5 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Every team is worried right now about their unforced errors.  Are there things we could be better at, yes, but you comments have been consistently anti Ford.  You’re the one that needs to lighten up and enjoy our record and our defensive play right now.

Defense is playing great and ford deserves a lot of credit for that.  

My comments haven’t been anti-ford; they’ve been critical of him.  He’s not above criticism. 

5 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Bess was good on D, but Tinkle got 15 on him, plus 10 boards.  Thompson got 22 on Fred and Goodwin.  We didn't really shut them down like we did Butler, but gosh, love the effort those three gave us today.

PLUS, Goodwin had the best PG game the Bills have had this year.  He got the team organized, ran the plays.  Yeah his A/TO wasn't great at 2/3, but the team looked like they knew what they were doing.

Thatch was really good on Stephen Thompson.

1 minute ago, moytoy12 said:

Defense is playing great and ford deserves a lot of credit for that.  They haven’t been anti-ford; they’ve been critical of him.  He’s not above criticism. 

Okay.  Let’s just enjoy the win.  I was reacting to your comment “This team is not well coached.”  That’s a strong statement.  Especially after a win to a power conference team.  I thought that comment was very unfair.