December in the A10 ....

Taj79

7 hours ago, Taj79 said:

.... They next play Central Pennsylvania College on Saturday before closing out the OOC with North Carolina in Chapel Hill next Saturday.  I have never heard of CPC ---- and I'm 61 years old AND from Pennsylvania. Grady can miss that one and they'll still breeze.  He'll never miss the UNC game.

Central Penn plays in the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA) Division 2. They represent Maryland-Eastern Shore's only win of the season where they lost by 25. Also, lost to Elon by 33, and Campbell by 47. Davidson's walk-ons will get plenty of court time.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This sucks for Duquesne. Tied at 67 with 5 seconds left against Penn St.

A questionable call (but valid IMHO) called on the Dukes. Coach Dembrot got called for a double tech for arguing. Penn St awarded 6 FT, and makes them all.

final 73-67,

Bad coaching to let emotions take you out of a ‘steal game.’ Especially considering their first 5 weeks of their season.

11 hours ago, philliken said:

This sucks for Duquesne. Tied at 67 with 5 seconds left against Penn St.

A questionable call (but valid IMHO) called on the Dukes. Coach Dembrot got called for a double tech for arguing. Penn St awarded 6 FT, and makes them all.

final 73-67,

Bad coaching to let emotions take you out of a ‘steal game.’ Especially considering their first 5 weeks of their season.

The first technical should have never been called. Especially not with the game tied and 5 seconds left. After they called the first one he went nuts and I don't blame him. The refs thin skin cost him a shot to win the game.

Duquesne loses it's only 'name' game chance to Penn State.  SLU squeaks by North Carolina Central.  Dayton takes care of a directional school at home.  And Richmond loses (at home no less) to cross-state rival Old Dominion.  Tonight, Fordham hosts Jimmy Madison.  And on Friday, a whole lot of mediocrity meets:  Bonaventure plays at Northeastern (combined record of 9 and 13); Umass hosts Fairleigh Dickinson (11 - 11); Mason hosts Navy (8 - 12) and in (best Keith Jackson voice) the grand-daddy of them all, La Salle travels to Alabama A & M (0 - 20!!!). 

Short of us versus Florida State this Saturday, and Davidson at UNC-Chapel Hill next Saturday, the OOC is all but over.  Minor possibilities exist when Mason travel to Kansas State; Umass travels to Georgia; VCU hosts a somewhat down Wichita State; and the Bonnies go to Syracuse.  Sincerely doubt any of the road warriors pulls any of those out and Wichita State is down from the last few years so do they count?   

By now you've seen the A10 Talk stuff .. a Juan Bid league???  A distinct possibility.  If SLU were to beat Florida State or Davidson were to beat UNC, they will be installed as the odds on favorite to win the league.  But many seem to believe the winner coming out of Brooklyn will be it this year.  Who knows?  I'll wrap up this December to not remember come New Year's day. 

The A10 is down ... make no bones about it.

2 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

La Salle travels to Alabama A & M (0 - 20!!!). 

hope this is on TV!

I think the A-10 should frown on, if not prohibit, any member from playing a road game at a school from a bottom-tier conference.

Well, one of those teams will no longer be winless after the game.

I guess in our 'pay back' games, the only one still open will be Seton Hall coming to us.  Butler is done. Oregon State is done.   And Houston is done.  Florida State was likely a one-and-done at a neutral site but still in Florida.

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

I guess in our 'pay back' games, the only one still open will be Seton Hall coming to us.  Butler is done. Oregon State is done.   And Houston is done.  Florida State was likely a one-and-done at a neutral site but still in Florida.

22 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I was kind of surprised we got 2 Beast teams on this year's OOC. Could we add another in addition to SH next season. Take your pick which one, although I'd like to see us play X. 

I hope I am wrong, but I was under the impression that the Seton Hall game was a one game only affair and was scheduled to provide us with a two game trip to NY.  Does anyone know for sure if it is a home and home?

It will be difficult to schedule anymore Big East games. They have the Big East - Big Ten challenge continuing and add the Big East - Big 12 challenge next season. That's one less open date for the Big East. (Plus with a SLU 2, Big East 0 record, they might be looking at an easier opponent.)

I would like to get a AAC team to replace Houston, with Memphis and Cincy my top two preferences.  Yes Florida State is the same as Pitt, a 'tourney' without a bracket. No second game with either.

Break up Fordham!  Now 9 and 3 after trashing Jim Madison 75 to 48 at the Rose Hill Museum.  Can't understand how Jim came in at 7 and 5 but oh well ... Fordham is a monster!!!!!

On a secondary note related to above ... turns out Central Pennsylvania College is the newest incarnation of the Central Penn Business School, a for-profit institution on the western shores of the Susquehanna across from Harrisburg.  No wonder I had never heard of it .. didn't know Central Penn had transitioned.  In the 'opinionated' column -- why the hell is Davidson playing this game?  Why does a for-profit, D!! school travel 460 miles to play this fiasco?  Somebody there must know somebody there.  This is worse than Creighton hosting Coe College last night.  A10 ought to regulate and outlaw this as well.

The A10 closes out the OOC this weekend with not too much more than turning it off going on.  Davidson is at North Carolina (-14.5) onESPN2 at noon (EST).  The Bonnies (+11.5) go to the 'Cuse at 2 on ESPNU.   Georgia Southern (+8) is at SVU on NBC SN at 3.  Mason (+15) is at KState on ESPN3 at 8.The rest are on ESPN+ with Wagner (NL) at the Joeys, Richmond (+1.5) at South Alabama and American (NL) at Geedubya.

Tomorrow, Rider is at VCU, we host Appy State, Middle Tennesse goes to Rhode Island, Umass is at Georgia and LIU-Brooklyn goes to Fordham. Fordham likely finishes the OOC at 10 and 3.  Finally, on Monday,  Duquesne hosts NJIT.  Mason at the Joeys kicks on the regular season on Thursday January 3.

NC handles Davidson 82-60.

Cuse handling the Bonnie’s 22-8 under 12 Stockard with 3 fouls already

Syracuse crushes the Bonnie’s 81-47

Dayton escapes with a win at home against Georgia Southern 94-90

St Joes escapes with a win at home 59-57 against wagner

Richmond beats South Alabama 78-65