Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Littlebill

GDT Rename them the Slukies

This is why the Pitt game was a bad loss

Just checking in. Have seen bits and pieces of the game so far, but am finally able to sit down and watch the rest.

Looks like an ugly one.

From what I can tell, SIUC is exactly who we thought they were - an unspectacular but sound, patient, veteran-laden team. They clearly had us well scouted. They're packing it in, controlling tempo, not forcing things on offense, and not giving us anything easy.

Again, I haven't seen it all but we look sluggish. The energy isn't close to what it was against Butler. We're losing 50-50 plays that we were winning against Butler.

And man, do we need shooters. SIUC has baited us into taking way too many, and no one's a shooter.

1 minute ago, Westy03 said:

This is why the Pitt game was a bad loss

We weren’t ever getting an at large bid.  Not with this offense.

Just now, Pistol said:

Just checking in. Have seen bits and pieces of the game so far, but am finally able to sit down and watch the rest.

Looks like an ugly one.

From what I can tell, SIUC is exactly who we thought they were - an unspectacular but sound, patient, veteran-laden team. They clearly had us well scouted. They're packing it in, controlling tempo, not forcing things on offense, and not giving us anything easy.

Again, I haven't seen it all but we look sluggish. The energy isn't close to what it was against Butler. We're losing 50-50 plays that we were winning against Butler.

And man, do we need shooters. SIUC has baited us into taking way too many, and no one's a shooter.

That is exactly right 

Nailed it Pistol.  

all these 2+-4 star recruits do any of them know how to pass off the drive?

Anybody else read that thing when isabell said he watched the tape from every SLU game last year and decided he would fit super well into our offense?

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

Looks like an ugly one.

Far too kind of an assessment for this $hi+$how

Just now, Billikid said:

Anybody else read that thing when isabell said he watched the tape from every SLU game last year and decided he would fit super well into our offense?

To be fair, he probably saw something so ugly he thought he could be the hero

1 minute ago, moytoy12 said:

We weren’t ever getting an at large bid.  Not with this offense.

Calm down, prisoner of the moment.

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

This... pretty much this. 

Hopefully Ford realizes that he needs to completely change the offense. When our defense goes from great to merely good, we are in dire straits. Can’t win games when every possession resembles a root canal. 

Just now, Band Legend said:

Calm down, prisoner of the moment.

Does anything about this offense make you think we would get an at large? It’s been crap all year.