Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Littlebill

GDT Rename them the Slukies

Tried to find a sitter but it’s not happening. It’s on tv, right?

28 minutes ago, BilliKitty said:

Tried to find a sitter but it’s not happening. It’s on tv, right?

Evidently not. It appears it's on espn+ which is apparently a stream. Can anyone shed some light on how this works?

14 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

Evidently not. It appears it's on espn+ which is apparently a stream. Can anyone shed some light on how this works?

You have to have an account.  I believe there is a free trial.  Once you logged in you can pretty much watch on any device.  Usually pretty good quality. 

4 minutes ago, BillikenBoy10 said:

You have to have an account.  I believe there is a free trial.  Once you logged in you can pretty much watch on any device.  Usually pretty good quality. 

okay, thanks.

1 minute ago, White Pelican said:

okay, thanks.

It's 4.99 a month. They are TV quality broadcasts.

24 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

ESPN+ is separate from the cable networks, which have their programming available for streams on WatchESPN.

For WatchESPN, you need a cable/satellite subscription to log in. This is for watching what's currently/previously on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, etc.

ESPN+ is a standalone service, available for $4.99/month or $49.99/year. ESPN+ events tend to be regional broadcasts for which ESPN pays a fee in order to make them all available via their app. There are a lot of college games, sports not normally broadcast on regular TV, and things like that. The A10 struck a deal with ESPN in the offseason to make its regionally broadcast events available via ESPN+. I'm not sure whether these rights are acquired through the A10 only, through both the A10 and regional carriers, or how that's drawn up. But it strikes me as a win-win arrangement; ESPN gets subscription revenue that didn't exist before and a lot of events/teams/sports/conferences get access to viewers that wouldn't have the ability to watch them before.

When you go to the ESPN app on your phone or TV/Roku/AppleTV/etc., ESPN+ streams have a yellow corner with a white + in them; the others are WatchESPN. So you access both types of streams through the same app, even though one is via cable subscription and one is its own subscription. Go to WatchESPN to see examples of what I mean.

The quality so far has been very good. They've been showing the SLU games that are on Fox Sports Midwest, basically. Everything is the same except they'll black out certain ads. I went with the annual subscription because even just getting a few broadcasts is worth $50 a year for me, and there are other unexpected bonus events for me so it's worth it.

Great. Thanks guys. Sounds like I’ll get a free trial and watch on firestick. 🤗

bills by 4

1 hour ago, BillikenBoy10 said:

ESPN+ ...... great deal at $4.95 a month.  Excellent quality and can cancel after the season is over.  

Hey guys, I just got to the arena. Bess was in warmups. They walked to the locker room right as I was walking towards the court. He was noticeably limping, but WAS in his warmup gear. Wasn't able to see if he participated in the warmup, and if so, how much. I'll keep you posted.

I'm guessing Old Guy can go deep on this but we all know it doesn't take much to make one limp. A well placed tic sized blister on the sole of the foot  for instance.

ESPN + also has a Replay calendar. So you can go back and watch or rewatch a game later.

I’m guessing Bess will be only available in drastic situations (e.g. Pitt foul trouble) and at the end of the game for FTs.

1 minute ago, PinkMaleBillikensJersey said:

Moytoy, Bess looks fine. Fully participating in warmups. Looks like he's moving pretty good. Maybe that limp I saw was something else. I'd get surprised if he's not starting.

The limp you saw was probably swagger.

Just now, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Bess in the starting lineup

Great he should be able to get rested in the second half if he's healthy.