• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, SLUperman said:

Tramaine Isabell is Austin McBroom. 

Austin McBroom is Tramaine Isabell.

@TheChosenOne just said the exact same thing to me in a text.

His decision making is really something. I was just telling TCO that I can't think of another veteran player I've seen with such bad instincts. In any situation, he makes the play that is least likely to lead to a good outcome. When we need to burn clock, he's firing away. When we need to catch up, he's dribbling aimlessly. When he's wide open, he dribbles into traffic. When he's guarded at the perimeter, he pulls back and shoots a fadeaway NBA 3. When he's double teamed, he dribbles backward. When someone else is double teamed, he passes to that guy.

His brain needs to be studied in a basketball lab. What is it that makes him always choose the wrong play?

It's what makes him look good when he scores or makes a nice play, because it always looks difficult.

SLUperman, JMM28 and gobillsgo like this

3 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Just awful. SIU tried to give us that game and we refused to take it

No kidding. Every time it looked like it could get worse, they would miss FTs or turn it over and just keep us in it. We didn't seem to want it tonight.

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

His decision making is really something. I was just telling TCO that I can't think of another veteran player I've seen with such bad instincts. In any situation, he makes the play that is least likely to lead to a good outcome. When we need to burn clock, he's firing away. When we need to catch up, he's dribbling aimlessly. When he's wide open, he dribbles into traffic. When he's guarded at the perimeter, he pulls back and shoots a fadeaway NBA 3. When he's double teamed, he dribbles backward. When someone else is double teamed, he passes to that guy.

His brain needs to be studied in a basketball lab. What is it that makes him always choose the wrong play?

It's what makes him look good when he scores or makes a nice play, because it always looks difficult.

At least McBroom hit 3's at a decent clip. 

Some questions .....................

Can Ford coach?  He's going to have to and it starts with installing an offense designed for these players.  If we're going to feed the post, those guys have to make quicker decisions.  If the ball comes out, are we to take the three point shot or not?  I say not but I'm not the coach.

Is it time to scrap the Isabell point guard theory?  Guess what, he ain't playing in the NBA.  He might have a decent career overseas but the guy isn't capable, from what I've seen, of running an offense that involves everyone and not just him.

Can we run more times with Jacobs, Thatch and Hankton?  Hey, I know KC missed his two shots but the development of a bench is sorely needed.  And sadly,  Jacobs and Hankton might be our hope for shooters.

Why is it that SLU is where jump shots come to die?  I have no answer for that one.

Did anybody see Isabell at Drexel?  If so, is this the same guy?  The competition must've been weak because I don't see a 21 ppg scorer anywhere in that #2 jersey.

It's not that bad of a loss.  It's not Detroit or some of those crap teams last year.  It's on the court of a Valley favorite but that sure was ours to win.

TheChosenOne and CBFan like this

1 minute ago, RiseAndGrind said:

This season has made me question all of the good coaching I thought Coach Ford did last year

His praise so far has come when he exceeded expectations with us, especially in conference. Maybe these next couple games will be  for adjusting that expectation...

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

Isabell is a problem.  However he is a problem we only have because of players who should be here who are not.  Ford deserves some blame but we don’t have a PG.  I am all for JG taking over that role and letting Isabell play the 2

HoosierPal likes this

1 minute ago, kappy96 said:

Isabell is a problem.  However he is a problem we only have because of players who should be here who are not.  Ford deserves some blame but we don’t have a PG.  I am all for JG taking over that role and letting Isabell play the 2

I'm all for letting Isabel not play.

Well that sucked we had a chance.

Fred Thatch is defense only and that is important, Fred could not score layups looked awful on the line and why dose he shoot 3"S?

The problem is scoring so I think we need less minutes from Thatch and more from Jacobs.

Our offense will look a lot better when Wiley comes back.

Our offense looks a lot better with a healthy Javon Bess.

If Bess is healthy we win.

Looking forward to being at the game on Sunday this season is far from over, the offseason is too long to give up on any Billikens team especially this team.

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

He's one of those guys who plays on an island, team ball be damned. Head is always down on drives, and it's especially painful to watch from afar because you know he's going to attempt a high degree of difficulty shot forcing it into the trees. He's much more of an undersized SG, and not even one with any particularly redeeming qualities at that. Him as a primary ball handler is not pretty and really disrupts our offensive rhythm. He's gotta be moved off ball as a spot up shooter, and hopefully he'll fit into that role a little more seamlessly. 

The real reason he needs to grab some pine though is his lack of defensive effort. His size predisposes him to be disadvantaged and his poor effort is insult to injury.

1 minute ago, JMM28 said:

Remember that time he fed a homeless guy and happened to get caught on camera? What a good guy. 

Ya, how ironic. It's not like he maybe used that to his growing popularity.

Though, please believe that he's good. We should look to help people out. Just like our offense needs help, from Ford....

3 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Some questions .....................

Can Ford coach?  He's going to have to and it starts with installing an offense designed for these players.  If we're going to feed the post, those guys have to make quicker decisions.  If the ball comes out, are we to take the three point shot or not?  I say not but I'm not the coach.

Is it time to scrap the Isabell point guard theory?  Guess what, he ain't playing in the NBA.  He might have a decent career overseas but the guy isn't capable, from what I've seen, of running an offense that involves everyone and not just him.

Can we run more times with Jacobs, Thatch and Hankton?  Hey, I know KC missed his two shots but the development of a bench is sorely needed.  And sadly,  Jacobs and Hankton might be our hope for shooters.

Why is it that SLU is where jump shots come to die?  I have no answer for that one.

Did anybody see Isabell at Drexel?  If so, is this the same guy?  The competition must've been weak because I don't see a 21 ppg scorer anywhere in that #2 jersey.

It's not that bad of a loss.  It's not Detroit or some of those crap teams last year.  It's on the court of a Valley favorite but that sure was ours to win.

I agree not that bad of a loss on paper. The result is basically 1 more of our 26 3’s falling from being exactly on the Wiz’s prediction range. 

I think the loss is only bad if someone watches the tape, and most people won’t.