Billiken Christmas

crymdg2

4 hours ago, crymdg2 said:

My 6 year old son, who may be slightly Billiken obsessed and holds Javon Bess in the same regard as Michael Jordan, got a picture with Javon last season. We got it blown up and printed out. Yesterday afternoon I sent Michael Wilson a message asking if I could get the picture to them and have Javon sign it for my son.  Not only did he immediately respond in the affirmative, but he says to drop by today at 10. I show up and Michael says Javon is downstairs and can just sign it now. 

Needless to say this will be a Dad present... sorry Santa.  I've won Christmas. I freaking love this team and the staff.  #TeamBlue Forever! 

Show the video again "javon

bess!" Swish! 

Another cute story about drymdg2's son.  They actualyl sit right behind me in sec102.  In the middle of the game 2 games back, the boy taps me on the shoulder.  He then asks me if I would like the Billiken ball toss ball he had just snagged.  I told him it was all right, he could keep it.  But he said he had another at home, and he wanted me to have it.  He was just so sweet and caring, he just wanted me to have a ball.  Of course I accepted, saw another young boy in front of us.  I asked if it was OK with him if I gave it to the other boy.  He consented, and two little fellas were happy that night.

Truly caring child...speaks to the child and the parents.

mhg

My favorite story is that one time @crymdg2 took his son to Chaifetz to see a Disney show a few years ago.  The son, however, was sorely disappointed when he arrived to Chaifetz to learn that he would not be seeing the basketball team.  According to Grandpa, the grandson thought Chaifetz was the basketball players home.

23 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

Another cute story about drymdg2's son.  They actualyl sit right behind me in sec102.  In the middle of the game 2 games back, the boy taps me on the shoulder.  He then asks me if I would like the Billiken ball toss ball he had just snagged.  I told him it was all right, he could keep it.  But he said he had another at home, and he wanted me to have it.  He was just so sweet and caring, he just wanted me to have a ball.  Of course I accepted, saw another young boy in front of us.  I asked if it was OK with him if I gave it to the other boy.  He consented, and two little fellas were happy that night.

Truly caring child...speaks to the child and the parents.

mhg

I echo this as well.

crymdg2 likes this

Just now, SluSignGuy said:

My favorite story is that one time @crymdg2 took his son to Chaifetz to see a Disney show a few years ago.  The son, however, was sorely disappointed when he arrived to Chaifetz to learn that he would not be seeing the basketball team.  According to Grandpa, the grandson thought Chaifetz was the basketball players home.

@crymdg2your son sounds like the coolest of the @billiken_roylineage. Sorry to you and Roy ;) 

6 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

fyi, i answer to "grandfather" not grandpa.   and he and his little sister still believe that Chaifetz is the billikens actual living quarters.

6 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

@crymdg2your son sounds like the coolest of the @billiken_roylineage. Sorry to you and Roy ;) 

Drew is a genius.   probably going to cure cancer someday.   spends a lot of his free time making math worksheets for the rest of us to complete and then he takes great joy in finding our errors.   

15 hours ago, crymdg2 said:

My 6 year old son, who may be slightly Billiken obsessed and holds Javon Bess in the same regard as Michael Jordan, got a picture with Javon last season. We got it blown up and printed out. Yesterday afternoon I sent Michael Wilson a message asking if I could get the picture to them and have Javon sign it for my son.  Not only did he immediately respond in the affirmative, but he says to drop by today at 10. I show up and Michael says Javon is downstairs and can just sign it now. 

Needless to say this will be a Dad present... sorry Santa.  I've won Christmas. I freaking love this team and the staff.  #TeamBlue Forever! 

Thanks for passing this along, that is awesome.

26 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Drew is a genius.   probably going to cure cancer someday.   spends a lot of his free time making math worksheets for the rest of us to complete and then he takes great joy in finding our errors.   

Is Drew the kid that was on the video running around singing Jingle Bells mixed in with the Billiken fight song?  I loved that video.

2 minutes ago, philliken said:

Is Drew the kid that was on the video running around singing Jingle Bells mixed in with the Billiken fight song?  I loved that video.

HA I'm guessing it is, because the video is called "Drew sings the Billiken fight song!'

i do love that video, but that is not Drew.   i will see if i cant get crymdg to post the drew shooting and calling out "Basket by Javon Bess, go team blue!"

45 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

Sometimes a kid's Billiken Dreams come true.  Like meeting SignGuy.

IMG_6696.jpg

moytoy12 and slu72 like this