WBB vs UCONN 12/4

I am so glad i went.   For basketball purists it was a thing of beauty.   While i Expected bugger, faster stronger what i didnt expect was the degree these girls have been coached.   They all shoot the exact same form, after the ball goes over half court there rarely was a pass.  Their spacing and movement was always there, they always had position on every rebound it seemed and absolutely never got beat down the floor.   I already knew geno was the best recruiter but there is little doubt what a hard working coach and staff this must be.   Wow.   What an exhibition

23 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

I am so glad i went.   For basketball purists it was a thing of beauty.   While i Expected bugger, faster stronger what i didnt expect was the degree these girls have been coached.   They all shoot the exact same form, after the ball goes over half court there rarely was a pass.  Their spacing and movement was always there, they always had position on every rebound it seemed and absolutely never got beat down the floor.   I already knew geno was the best recruiter but there is little doubt what a hard working coach and staff this must be.   Wow.   What an exhibition

Huh?  Rarely a pass or rarely a dribble?  I would expect plenty of passing in the frontcourt.

4 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Huh?  Rarely a pass or rarely a dribble?  I would expect plenty of passing in the frontcourt.

I meant dribble.    Nice catch thicks!

48 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

When I saw them play at USC I was in awe. Yes, he gets good players, but that's like saying the Bolshoi gets good dancers. Without a choreographer they ain't squat. When you see the way he puts it all together it is something to behold. He may actually be the best BB coach in the world. 

-we had a lot of decent to good to great looks that did not end up as made baskets, we played a bunch of frosh against the best team in America and they did not look or play scared which is great to see, the future may be bright if CStone can add to them in future classes, UConn is just a machine and thanks to Geno for bringing them to SLU

27 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-we had a lot of decent to good to great looks that did not end up as made baskets, we played a bunch of frosh against the best team in America and they did not look or play scared which is great to see, the future may be bright if CStone can add to them in future classes, UConn is just a machine and thanks to Geno for bringing them to SLU

imo we played the best last night when the 5 freshmen were in the game at the same time.   coach stone needs to cut the cord and go fab 5 fresh all the time imo

White Pelican likes this

8 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

imo we played the best last night when the 5 freshmen were in the game at the same time.   coach stone needs to cut the cord and go fab 5 fresh all the time imo

I was thinking the same thing as I watched last night. Was very impressed with their composure.

On 12/3/2018 at 6:49 PM, FromDaEastSide said:

Anyone that would like to listen. Give Chris May’s podcast chat with Gino Auriemma today a listen. It’s a really good interview we’re they discuss the culture of his UConn program. 

Gino's interview with Pardon My Take was pretty good. Anyone who thinks the UConn women can compete with men's programs should especially track that one down.

• 4 weeks later...