WBB vs UCONN 12/4

I'll be there row 3 behind the bench.

Also of note, previously #2 UConn beat #1 ND last night, and will undoubtedly be consensus #1 in the nation today.  So, that adds an even greater level of excitement to the game.  I'm not crazy enough to think we'll win; but with how our team has improved, I wouldn't be surprised if we keep it to within 25.  Of course, we, as any team, could lose by 60 to them.

58 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Figured I’d start a thread to talk about it. Tickets are still available obviously. Who is planning on going? 

it very well could be the first womens game I go to, since I'll miss the rest of the December games.

I'm going. I'm a women's as well as men's season ticket holder. I'm usually general admission but my ticket for this one is an assigned seat, I think in 104 maybe. This will undoubtedly feature the best women's team I will ever see in my life.

1 minute ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I'm saying: "Is it reasonable to believe UConn will win?  Of course!  Should we cheer for UConn?  BY NO MEANS!"

Keep it as the Billikens' home court.

Why are you saying this? Nobody has suggested anything else and I feel like it goes without saying on a BILLIKENS message board? 

SLU_Nick likes this

22 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Why are you saying this? Nobody has suggested anything else and I feel like it goes without saying on a BILLIKENS message board? 

I'm saying it because I want to.  I didn't claim anyone has suggested they will root for UConn.  But I just want to discourage the admiration for the juggernaut from turning into "polite" applause when they score.

Sorry I rankled you.

I am going.  UConn is my favorite team and Collier is my favorite player and has been since she was a sophomore at Incarnate Word Academy.  I pull for SLU  also and the 6'5" freshman should help SLU considerably in the future.  I've been a UConn WCBB fan since 2000.

I'm sticking this in here cuz I can. Two Billiken legends talking hoops between games Saturday. Legendary Larry was later named Fan of The Game at the half of the women's game. SLU women held on to beat SIUe 63-56 in what I thought was a surprisingly close game.

bills legends.jpg

SLU_Lax likes this

1 hour ago, White Pelican said:

Geez man, calm down! Modding when no modding was needed. See, you rankled ME too.

36 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

This

You two thought my post was an instance of moderation?  WOW.

If I don't say that it's a warning or indicate that there will be some official, board-related consequence for not complying, then I'm posting just like the rest of you post.  I do get to post regular posts!

28 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

You two thought my post was an instance of moderation?  WOW.

If I don't say that it's a warning or indicate that there will be some official, board-related consequence for not complying, then I'm posting just like the rest of you post.  I do get to post regular posts!

Less moderation more just dumb

If I lived in St. Louis, I would definitely attend this WBB game. I saw UConn play USC (that's S.Carolina not the other one) 3 years ago in  Columbia when the teams were ranked 1 and 2 in the country. 18k + fans. It was really never close. I really thought USC had the better talent, but UConn is so well coached it didn't matter. I mean spacing, screens, blocking out, defending, etc. They do everything well. Aureama (sp?) is some kind of coach. Make that coaching genius. Seriously, for all you local residents go see this game. It's probably going to be a blowout, but it's worth it just to see UConn put on a basketball clinic.