The Bills over SIU by 1

The Wiz

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I get up every game day looking forward to reading a Bills article.

I wake up today and it’s a SIUC article. WTF.  I read about a third of it and gave up. Thanks for nothing Stu.

48 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Exactly. WTF, Stu, nothing to write about the Bills? Who cares about this Fletcher kid other than some Methdale folks. This is a big game for us. Getting a road win against a solid team is a must. And the ??'s surrounding Javon would make for an interesting read, as in, how will SLU make up for his possible absence? Ah, well, it is the PD.  

Actually what this article tells me is three things: 1. Fletcher, their leading scorer, really wants to play and indeed did play during the prior game against SIUE (a very low ranking team this year). 2. It also tells me that his knee is not fully healed and that the risk he is taking of sustaining a much worse re-injury during the game is quite large. This is particularly true when playing against a team that stresses a very physical defense type of play and has the players to do it like SLU (SLU is NOT SIUE). 3. Their coach probably does not understand this risk.

The nature of the knee injury was not made clear in the article so what follows is speculation, but it would not surprise me much if this guy has to be carried off court tonight. Depending on the nature of his injury and how much he is being blocked by our team, his performance may become erratic, the harder he tries the worse it may get with an increasing chance of re-injury. How much the SIUC coach is going to depend on this guy for scoring tonight may determine how well we do in this game. Again, he is not fully healed and his risk of re-injury is very high playing against us.

1 hour ago, SLU_Nick said:

I bet the bills +3 at -120....I couldn’t resist.  I am 0 and about 7 on my money backing the bills.  Feel free to direct any future blame this way.

The line did move as I was placing my bet. Went from 3 to 2.5 - looks like money is on the bills

It's only Dec. 5 but tonight seems like such a big game. It's the kind of tough game that at-large teams find a way to win.  Fletcher is a good player, so hopefully not at his best.  Goodwin really needs to step up and be better than he was against Seton Hall and Butler. We gotta kill them on the boards and do damage inside.

slufan13 likes this

1 hour ago, Compton said:

^Hinson isn't one to overlook a game's possible impacts on his players' health. 

Compton I do not know who you are or how much you or Hinson know about physical limitations and recovery. You are free to have your own opinion about this matter. However, if Hinson is well versed in these issues, then it is possible that he wants to play the guy regardless as a way to win the game. Just want to make an observation:  Recovery level can be satisfactory for activities of daily living and totally inadequate to play sports, particularly when the opponent is a very physical team emphasizing defense. Just mull on this and check it out in google or better in MedPub.

6 minutes ago, ACE said:

It's only Dec. 5 but tonight seems like such a big game. It's the kind of tough game that at-large teams find a way to win.  Fletcher is a good player, so hopefully not at his best.  Goodwin really needs to step up and be better than he was against Seton Hall and Butler. We gotta kill them on the boards and do damage inside.

I'd add Isabell as a guy who has to up his game too. 

Billiken Rich likes this

13 minutes ago, ACE said:

Whoever is being guarded by Bartley--seems likely it's Goodwin--will have a big night.  

We win this game if we hold them under 40% from 3 and dominate inside. Still a very scary game. 

Littlebill and Box and Won like this

4 minutes ago, SShoe said:

Whoever is being guarded by Bartley--seems likely it's Goodwin--will have a big night.  

We win this game if we hold them under 40% from 3 and dominate inside. Still a very scary game. 

It’s a road games. Historically we always struggle in non-con road games for that reason only I’m nervous 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Exactly 

4 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

I bet the bills +3 at -120....I couldn’t resist.  I am 0 and about 7 on my money backing the bills.  Feel free to direct any future blame this way.

You should be OK....... UNLESS... Bess doesn't play