GDT vs Buttler

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, RiseAndGrind said:

Dion Wiley on crutches is not good 

It’s not. BUT (just to give some room for optimism) I remember back when I was a student and Willie Reed was using crutches the day before a game once, and then played like his normal self once the game came around. Apparently he’d turned it in practice and part of the recovery was just to remove any weight whatsoever so that he could play ASAP. Fingers crossed that Wiley just turned or tweaked something... but I honestly doubt we see him for a while. 

5 minutes ago, Zink said:

It’s not. BUT (just to give some room for optimism) I remember back when I was a student and Willie Reed was using crutches the day before a game once, and then played like his normal self once the game came around. Apparently he’d turned it in practice and part of the recovery was just to remove any weight whatsoever so that he could play ASAP. Fingers crossed that Wiley just turned or tweaked something... but I honestly doubt we see him for a while. 

Crutches could also just be for pain management by eliminating all stress on the injured area

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

No the capacity is 10500 not 10600 at least that is what the school use to say it is.  Obviously my math was wrong it should have been 928.

The Media Guide for the Butler game, page 4, lists the capacity as 10,600. http://www.slubillikens.com/fls/27200/MBB/201819/notes/BillikensNotes07.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=27200 

I find the media guides interesting to read through. They are always available on the slubillikens.com site Men's Basketball, More (on the top ribbon).

Here are the top 10 attendance figures.

1. 10,639 vs. VCU 2/15/14

2. 10,623 vs. George Washington 2/22/14

3. 10,612 vs. Butler 1/31/13

4. 10,603 vs. Dayton 2/21/09

5. 10,441 vs. Xavier 2/28/12

6. 10,414 vs. Dayton 2/4/12

7. 10,395 vs. Dayton 3/5/14

8. 10,272 vs. La Salle 3/9/13

9. 10,245 vs. Duquesne 2/27/14

10. 10,052 vs. Charlotte 2/16/13

I've always ever heard it listed as 10,600. But I've wondered if that includes the sky boxes and things like wheelchair spaces or is that number just the fixed seats? 10,600 seems like a rounded off total especially considering the band and students sit on bleacher type benches.

6 hours ago, Littlebill said:

The post had a pessimistic voice about attendance. Not necessary. And this isn’t all I have to do - what other people do on the internet doesn’t bother me, unlike some of us 🤷🏻‍♂️

He’s pessimistic about everything. 

A better post would’ve commented on it being the best crowd of the last three years, closest we’ve been to a sellout in a long time.   

Littlebill likes this

The reason wiley is important is he has the best outside shot on the team.   I dont care what the current shooting percentages say, my eyes say we need a 3, i'd want wiley shooting it.   Teams adjust their defense when wiley comes in the game.  He doesnt need play long stretches.   Come in give some one a breather, hit a 3 and then back out.   Our lone candidate for zone buster.  Get well soon.

10 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

The Media Guide for the Butler game, page 4, lists the capacity as 10,600. http://www.slubillikens.com/fls/27200/MBB/201819/notes/BillikensNotes07.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=27200 

I find the media guides interesting to read through. They are always available on the slubillikens.com site Men's Basketball, More (on the top ribbon).

Here are the top 10 attendance figures.

1. 10,639 vs. VCU 2/15/14

2. 10,623 vs. George Washington 2/22/14

3. 10,612 vs. Butler 1/31/13

4. 10,603 vs. Dayton 2/21/09

5. 10,441 vs. Xavier 2/28/12

6. 10,414 vs. Dayton 2/4/12

7. 10,395 vs. Dayton 3/5/14

8. 10,272 vs. La Salle 3/9/13

9. 10,245 vs. Duquesne 2/27/14

10. 10,052 vs. Charlotte 2/16/13

How does the Butler game compare to non-conference games? Must be near the top.

19 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

The reason wiley is important is he has the best outside shot on the team.   I dont care what the current shooting percentages say, my eyes say we need a 3, i'd want wiley shooting it.   Teams adjust their defense when wiley comes in the game.  He doesnt need play long stretches.   Come in give some one a breather, hit a 3 and then back out.   Our lone candidate for zone buster.  Get well soon.

I have no idea if Wiley is good to go or out for some time. Gudmundsson is likely out for 10 to 14 days.  That leaves Hankton, Jacobs and Thatch as 'shooters' off the bench.  That's not a pretty picture.

10 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I have no idea if Wiley is good to go or out for some time. Gudmundsson is likely out for 10 to 14 days.  That leaves Hankton, Jacobs and Thatch as 'shooters' off the bench.  That's not a pretty picture.

I think Hankton can shoot the ball but can he defend and handle the ball and my guess he has problems so he sits.

55 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I think Hankton can shoot the ball but can he defend and handle the ball and my guess he has problems so he sits.

Not to knock him because it's understandable as a FR 5 games into the season, but he was not ready to be on the court v Pitt. I hope he can get to a point soon where he's giving us some minutes because his shot looked pure. 

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

thatch has proven he is more than ready to be a prime time player in all aspects of the game except shooting.   he is not a good shot maker at this time. 

What I've heard about Wiley v Hankton on D is neither one is adequate. If Hankton really is a pure shooter maybe he could be brought in to loosen up defenses. Although, I'd really like to see Jacobs pick up the minutes if Wiley's absent. I seem to recall he was above 30% on his 3s at the prep school level. What we should be really hoping for, though, is that Isabell finds his range from 3.

9 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

11am Sunday morning start when the Rams had a 3pm game (albeit the Spags era) was nowhere near full

mIMG57271.jpg

dang. It was loud for a game with that small of an attendance.  Also dont remember it being that early. huh.

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

thatch has proven he is more than ready to be a prime time player in all aspects of the game except shooting.   he is not a good shot maker at this time. 

I never saw him in high school but wasn't he the leading scorer in Sikeston high school history?    How did he score in high school ?  
All layups?  Just curious.....he's a modern day Josh Fisher if he can get into the offense....