GDT vs Buttler

The turnover situation was great yesterday, but I think Butler deserves a lot of the credit there. Butler or FSU will be the best defensive team we play this season and Butler ranks 13th in the country in opponents assist to turnover ratio.  They force a lot of turnovers and try to make you play an isolation game offensively.

We did what we had to do to beat them offensively.  We shot 53.5% from the 2, shot 33.3% from 3, and got to the line for 30 free throw attempts that resulted in 19 points. Overall a pretty good game offensively and even better considering the level of defense we were up against.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

Yuri Collins. 

Collins is a nice passer and dribbler at the high school level.   It remains to be seen if his 5'9" height will hold those attributes at the A10 level and be able to guard someone.   He is not really a good shooter.   My point is i am not holding my breath on yuri collins being the guard to make us remember h waldman.   I believe goodwin is probably closer to being the answer but he isnt there yet. 

3 hours ago, cheeseman said:

He will be a freshman - we all remember what a freshman pg looks like even when they are McCall, Jett and Mitchell.  Be patient with him he will need some time to adjust.

Remember the SEMO frosh pg?  That was his team & he continues to excel based on blurbs that appear in the PD.  C'mon Yuri!

18 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Collins is a nice passer and dribbler at the high school level.   It remains to be seen if his 5'9" height will hold those attributes at the A10 level and be able to guard someone.   He is not really a good shooter.   My point is i am not holding my breath on yuri collins being the guard to make us remember h waldman.   I believe goodwin is probably closer to being the answer but he isnt there yet. 

Why Travis should put him there full time. Drives me nuts to see him off in the corner just waiting around to get in the mix for a rebound or loose ball. Isabell has never been a PG and he ain't gonna be one in the NBA. Put him at the 2 where he's always been and let's see what he does there. Let Jacobs back up JGood. 

HoosierPal likes this

1 minute ago, slu72 said:

Why Travis should put him there full time. Drives me nuts to see him off in the corner just waiting around to get in the mix for a rebound or loose ball. Isabell has never been a PG and he ain't gonna be one in the NBA. Put him at the 2 where he's always been and let's see what he does there. Let Jacobs back up JGood. 

Sure sounds simple doesn't it?

AGB91 and HoosierPal like this

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

Goodwin isn’t close to being the ball handler that Collins is. Travis considers him to be one of the top high school point guards in the country. Collins will make everyone better, he’s not just a good passer, but an elite one. I would be shocked if he isn’t better defensively than Isabel.

I was listening to Dan McLaughlin a couple weeks ago, and he said the main reason Isabell came here was because Ford told him if he wanted to play in the nba he had to play Pg, and that’s what he promised him he would play at Slu. So I don’t know what you can do, put him at sg where he belongs and maybe he doesn’t play like a team player because he got moved and won’t play in the nba at 6’0, or you keep him at pg and hope he figures it out but I agree J good should be at pg and Isabel at sg. 

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

@Littlebill A Bad Post reaction on an accurate attendance report.  Really?  This is all you have to do? Did I miss your humor?

The post had a pessimistic voice about attendance. Not necessary. And this isn’t all I have to do - what other people do on the internet doesn’t bother me, unlike some of us 🤷🏻‍♂️

gobillsgo likes this

50 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

The post had a pessimistic voice about attendance. Not necessary. And this isn’t all I have to do - what other people do on the internet doesn’t bother me, unlike some of us 🤷🏻‍♂️

Attendance 9572. 1000+ short of a sellout.

There is the post.  Please highlight the "pessimistic voice".  Five words, two sets of figures, a plus sign and two periods.  As you can see from the previous posts, there are some who don't know the capacity of Chaifetz.

You are obviously smarter than any other poster as you can "hear voices" in words and figures.  Please enlighten us, Amazing Kreskin.

Or simply give me a bad post or troll post reaction to save yourself the time and continue with your busy life.

2 hours ago, BillIkenFan_Dan said:

I was listening to Dan McLaughlin a couple weeks ago, and he said the main reason Isabell came here was because Ford told him if he wanted to play in the nba he had to play Pg, and that’s what he promised him he would play at Slu. So I don’t know what you can do, put him at sg where he belongs and maybe he doesn’t play like a team player because he got moved and won’t play in the nba at 6’0, or you keep him at pg and hope he figures it out but I agree J good should be at pg and Isabel at sg. 

Isabel isn't an NBA player. He doesn't have the skills that would enable him to play in the league at his size. Kwamain was a better player and he isn't close to being an NBA player.

SLU_Lax likes this

4 hours ago, slu72 said:

Ford has said several times in interviews that Goodwin played his best off the ball, which is why Roby assumed more of a traditional pg duties as the season goes along. According the coach, JG was not the primary pg last year, so not surprised he's not this year either. Not saying TI is ideal in that role either, but I think he gets too much blame for some of JG's inconsistent play this year.

CBFan likes this