GDT vs Buttler

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back from Chaifetz and what a game it was! They were expected to win by 3 pts (Vegas), instead they lost by 12! We started ahead, then lost the lead for a good portion of the first half, but regained it before the half. We stayed ahead for the rest of the game. This was a defense win, we plainly outplayed them and kept them to a very low % of field goals. It was not flawless, we had our troubles with FTs and I think they may have out rebounded us. However we played that defense in a spectacular and very physical manner. Had a lot of steals and blocks, also assists. Our team played like a team, they were just outplayed by us.

I hope the Butler board has fun eating the crap they were talking about us. Now, onto new things, we are doing just great!.

billikens747 and Westy03 like this

Loved it. Only negative we've got to protect the rock better. Plus we missed too many fast break opportunities. This could have been a 20+ point win. Not complying just pointing out that once this team cleans up some things watch out for the Billikens Baby! 

Only negative to me was the old couple a few rows away from us who sounded like they were watching their first basketball game ever.

"Watch the time!!!" - 23 seconds left on the shot clock

"Make your free throws Hasahn" - Isabell steps up to the line

"Most teams make 100% of their free throws"

1 minute ago, Billboy1 said:

Want to know how all the Butler p eople were able to get so many tickets.  The ones in my section were totally obnoxious.

Easy to get tickets when fans don't support the team that well. I got tickets for really cheap and it was all Butler people. Felt good when we won though. 

33 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Loved it. Only negative we've got to protect the rock better. Plus we missed too many fast break opportunities. This could have been a 20+ point win. Not complying just pointing out that once this team cleans up some things watch out for the Billikens Baby! 

I agree they left so many points out there with messed up fast breaks, missed free throws and dumb turnovers.

When JGood finds his game as the season progresses the offense will look a lot better.