But over The Bills by 8

The Wiz

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Read the Butler board a little more and revising my prediction. Bills by 26. Goodwin, CAG and Tremaine with triple doubles.  3 Butler players will decide not to play after they recognize French as the werewolf he is. The morans from French Lick or Terra Haute or whatever godforsaken cornfield they're from will go back crying and their sisters will divorce them. Thanks to this ass-whoopin, Butler will decide to fold its bball program effective Jan. 1, 2019.  SLU takes Butler's spot in the Big East.  

Three of their top five scorers will announce at halftime they plan to transfer to SLU over the semester break.  They will claim playing in front of a sold out crowd as a big factor in their decision.  They will then give Backhand the home address of gmoser as their first act as Billikens.

joe_davola, Littlebill and JMM28 like this

1 hour ago, Macallan 18 said:

What I love most about that article is remembering that Butler is 0-3 lifetime against the Bills when we were A10 conference mates.

8 hours ago, Old guy said:

The Vegas spread for the SLU Butler game is 3 points. Expected scores are SLU 65.8, Butler 68.8. This game is winnable as far as Vegas is concerned.

This is interesting to me....As I mentioned in a previous post...there is a 5 pt margin of error due to some inconsistency in the numbers ,  unusual variables (No away games for Butler) ,  injuries to both teams,  SLU playing to the competition and some gelling of the team   I have mentioned it in this game because it has been statistically significant. A more accurate spread for this game would actual be But by 3 to 8 pts. While there is some variance in every game  it is usually insignificant.  I was thinking about doing this variable  spread concept at the beginning of this year.....There is always a lot of variance at the start of season because of small data sizes.  Another game this would have helped was the Pitt game....I ran that game a few times and finally settled on the Bills by 1....but adding the variance for that game would have made it even plus or minus 2. In addition, using the variable spread would help in changing times. during the season ..such as significant injuries, players leaving or joining the team,  team gelling or coming together. I think going forward, I will still list the point spread in the header but when I see a statistical variance, i will include it in the body of the post.

In the Butler case, it doesn't change the outcome of the game but it does improve the Bills chance of winning....going from about 15% to 43%....thus making it a  much more winnable game

Certainly we all would kill to have Butler's recent history of success. That said, I don't necessarily agree they're a model for us. Nova and Zaga would be an ideal to shoot for, however. Travis touched on the main reasons for success at these small schools, coaching stability. I hope he holds that thought when a P5 comes after him. 

Our strengths: rebounds, good D, and Gordon's inside game. 

Weaknesses that need to be rectified: get to at least 30% on 3s, 70% from the line, and take better care of the rock. Fix these, we win by double digits. 

I'm hoping Javon takes advantage of his open looks on 3s, because his shot looks good. Isabell and JGood cut down on the rushed TOs. French hits 50% of his FTs. Wiley recovers and hits some 3s to loosen up the inside. This should do it. And the crowd is raucous and raising the roof. 

20 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Our strengths: rebounds, good D, and Gordon's inside game. 

Weaknesses that need to be rectified: get to at least 30% on 3s, 70% from the line, and take better care of the rock. Fix these, we win by double digits. 

I'm hoping Javon takes advantage of his open looks on 3s, because his shot looks good. Isabell and JGood cut down on the rushed TOs. French hits 50% of his FTs. Wiley recovers and hits some 3s to loosen up the inside. This should do it. And the crowd is raucous and raising the roof. 

Pretty straightforward and accurate.  Regarding the turnovers, I’d just like to see us cut down on the silly unforced TOs (lazy passes, backcourt violations, dribbling ball off the foot).  Eliminating these would get our TOs down to 9-12 a game which would be really impactful.